Forums

DONT MAKE SUMMONING 120

Quick find code: 16-17-143-66013904

of 69
Soulsreaper
Dec Member 2016

Soulsreaper

Posts: 160Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
summoning would be amazing if they brought it to 120 there is literally still a ton they can do right now but if they bring it to 120 that triples the amount of stuff that's possible

03-Mar-2019 22:35:29

Konota
Jun Member 2010

Konota

Posts: 6,795Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nibbles Z said:
I also don't see the point in 120 Summoning at this point. 120 Slayer did nothing but make the skill have some really annoying mobs and very few additions that I found fun so it lessened my desire to see more expansions come into the game.

My main gripe is that Summoning is a skill only really trained on BXPW's, events and other methods to avoid actually training summoning, that is to say, it's clearly not a skill many consider fun either.
At least half of the familiars are worthless to all levels, again at least half if not more aren't worth the costs, and recently with the Mining and Smithing rework, some of them aren't representative of the correct levels they represent.

So all in all, I'd rather see a full rework on the skill, make it more fun and engaging, allow it to be trained in combat as well as creation and then maybe if that rework decides it's warranted; go for 120 sure. But in it's current state, please no.


Well luckily you can skip tasks(mobs) that you do not want. It is indeed often trained during BXPW, but even without DBXPW, it is extremely fast, I don't really see your point, but alright! :D

120 might give summoning a greater life than it is now. Heck it is still even used a lot.
Hello Moto

04-Mar-2019 12:50:09

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 21,968Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tom Grey said:
Tenebri said:
Tom Grey said:
Nibbles Z said:
I also don't see the point in 120 Summoning at this point. 120 Slayer did nothing but make the skill have some really annoying mobs and very few additions that I found fun so it lessened my desire to see more expansions come into the game.

My main gripe is that Summoning is a skill only really trained on BXPW's, events and other methods to avoid actually training summoning, that is to say, it's clearly not a skill many consider fun either.
At least half of the familiars are worthless to all levels, again at least half if not more aren't worth the costs, and recently with the Mining and Smithing rework, some of them aren't representative of the correct levels they represent.

So all in all, I'd rather see a full rework on the skill, make it more fun and engaging, allow it to be trained in combat as well as creation and then maybe if that rework decides it's warranted; go for 120 sure. But in it's current state, please no.
Agreed.


going by what another skill has done is a bit silly imo. they are separate on what can be achieved
Using a precedent is silly? Slayer is one of the most beloved skills in rs. If they can’t get it right, it is reasonable to doubt that they won’t get summoning right as well.


not at all. you are going by one persons opinion on the update. let me guess you dislike it too?
200m all on 7/3/19
Hail Satan
click here to see my Ultimate slayer title grind

04-Mar-2019 23:23:12

Tom Grey
Oct Member 2019

Tom Grey

Posts: 7,206Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said:
Tom Grey said:
Tenebri said:
Tom Grey said:
Nibbles Z said:
I also don't see the point in 120 Summoning at this point. 120 Slayer did nothing but make the skill have some really annoying mobs and very few additions that I found fun so it lessened my desire to see more expansions come into the game.

My main gripe is that Summoning is a skill only really trained on BXPW's, events and other methods to avoid actually training summoning, that is to say, it's clearly not a skill many consider fun either.
At least half of the familiars are worthless to all levels, again at least half if not more aren't worth the costs, and recently with the Mining and Smithing rework, some of them aren't representative of the correct levels they represent.

So all in all, I'd rather see a full rework on the skill, make it more fun and engaging, allow it to be trained in combat as well as creation and then maybe if that rework decides it's warranted; go for 120 sure. But in it's current state, please no.
Agreed.


going by what another skill has done is a bit silly imo. they are separate on what can be achieved
Using a precedent is silly? Slayer is one of the most beloved skills in rs. If they can’t get it right, it is reasonable to doubt that they won’t get summoning right as well.


not at all. you are going by one persons opinion on the update. let me guess you dislike it too?
Slayer is my highest skill overall, so no I don’t dislike it. What I dislike is that instead of making 120 slayer great, we got recoloured monsters. Literally nothing else changed. I don’t want summoning to be increased to 120 just because. So I want to see them balance 1-99 first, and then convince players that going for 120 is not just another cash sink and time waste.

05-Mar-2019 01:07:55

KijinSeija

KijinSeija

Posts: 741Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Both sides cry equally hard. There’s no democracy here:

Jagex: Let’s poll 120 summoning!

Protesters:
WAAAAAAAAAAH


(In response to protesters)

Supporters:
WAAAAAAAAAAH


(In response to everyone in reverse)

Me:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
~ The way you reject is the way that I choose
Since I know it will drive you insane! ~
- Master of Reverse Ideology

05-Mar-2019 15:57:40

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 21,968Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
KijinSeija said:
Both sides cry equally hard. There’s no democracy here:

Jagex: Let’s poll 120 summoning!

Protesters:
WAAAAAAAAAAH


(In response to protesters)

Supporters:
WAAAAAAAAAAH


(In response to everyone in reverse)

Me:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL


lmao


Tom Grey said:
So I want to see them balance 1-99 first, and then convince players that going for 120 is not just another cash sink and time waste.


whats not ballanced about it?

time waste is subjective.
200m all on 7/3/19
Hail Satan
click here to see my Ultimate slayer title grind

05-Mar-2019 19:02:27 - Last edited on 05-Mar-2019 19:03:56 by Tenebri

Darkmaster_b
Feb Member 2013

Darkmaster_b

Posts: 1,018Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tom Grey said:
Page 53 post 1 for what is unbalanced.


I read it and I don't really think it makes the point you think it does.

Tiered progression by its very design makes lower tiered things obsolete upon reaching the next tier.

Skills that level are tiered in their progression. There is no going around this. Without fundamentally changing the entire design of the Runescape skill system there is no way to make a level 40 summoning familiar useful compared to its level 99 replacement in a way that doesn't shatter the foundation skills are built upon.

Forcing an equal usefulness throughout all tiers of the skill is the exact opposite of balance. It sucks away the value of higher level content to spread it around into the lower stuff. The sub 99 familiars are very useful to those with levels that are appropriate for their use. I don't really understand how you couldn't get that.

I'm smithing 99+, does that mean bronze equipment should be balanced to still be useful to me? That is the logic behind the lists you presented. We're not talking about raw materials with gathering skills here either. They do not apply in this particular scenario.

07-Mar-2019 18:50:57 - Last edited on 07-Mar-2019 18:52:44 by Darkmaster_b

ChicNbiskits

ChicNbiskits

Posts: 1,561Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Darkmaster_b said:
Tom Grey said:
snip.


I read it and I don't really think it makes the point you think it does.

Tiered progression by its very design makes lower tiered things obsolete upon reaching the next tier.

Skills that level are tiered in their progression. There is no going around this. Without fundamentally changing the entire design of the Runescape skill system there is no way to make a level 40 summoning familiar useful compared to its level 99 replacement in a way that doesn't shatter the foundation skills are built upon.

Forcing an equal usefulness throughout all tiers of the skill is the exact opposite of balance. It sucks away the value of higher level content to spread it around into the lower stuff. The sub 99 familiars are very useful to those with levels that are appropriate for their use. I don't really understand how you couldn't get that.

I'm smithing 99+, does that mean bronze equipment should be balanced to still be useful to me? That is the logic behind the lists you presented. We're not talking about raw materials with gathering skills here either. They do not apply in this particular scenario.
-
Thank you.

07-Mar-2019 19:39:40

Quick find code: 16-17-143-66013904Back to Top