Forums

We are not the first....

Quick find code: 341-342-238-65868954

of 4
Giras
Sep Member 2012

Giras

Posts: 2,389Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That can literally mean any number of things! From viewing out death in Blood Runs Deep to the explosion in Nomad's Elegy.
But on a non-lore level two things must remain in place for the game to work:
1. player has to live. The "World Guardian" as Guthix made it might be no more but the player has to survive or there'll be no game.
2. The player has to have some kind of plot device to protect/prevent godhood.

For all we know the player dies and the powers from Guthix are spent in a massive explosion...but Jas likes us so she remakes us complete with mcguffin powers. Hell...maybe we'll even get to crash our own funeral!
I'm no one's servant!

Good. Never let anyone think differently
.

12-Jan-2017 03:13:12

Elf of Seren
Nov Member 2012

Elf of Seren

Posts: 3,313Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Roland Lyons said:
Hazeel said:
Kinda disapointing that the WG is destined to fail and die.
Not necessarily failing.

We're humans, we have short lives.


After World Guardianship was introduced, I believe it was Mod Osborne who said that we are no longer human, and have vastly extended lifespans.

Edit: I see Adventurers beat me to the point. :P

12-Jan-2017 05:00:20 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2017 05:01:07 by Elf of Seren

Half Centaur
Jun Member 2010

Half Centaur

Posts: 6,952Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a feeling some of this will get cleared up in the new "surprise quest" in February.

The hint was it'll be "great scott".

Hopefully that reminds a few of you of a certain famous film series.
"We call it being a hero"
"That's interesting, we call it utter stupidity"

12-Jan-2017 10:31:07

Hguoh
Mar Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,442Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Given how RS time travel seems to function much like Whovian time travel (you can change some things, but others will happen no matter what), I'm expecting Aeternam to function somewhat like Riversong in that they tend to live backwards when compared to the standard flow of time (the time period of our past is their future, and the time period of our future is their past).

Alternatively, they could be the one actually responsible for why certain events in RS are 'fixed.' Essentially, they'd dip in and out of the time line altering events in order to encourage certain outcomes.

12-Jan-2017 12:33:11

ZAmorakZaros
Apr Gold Premier Club Member 2013

ZAmorakZaros

Posts: 7,545Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazeel said:
Kinda disapointing that the WG is destined to fail and die.

Even if we cannot die from natural causes, someone or something will eventually get us. Just like with the gods. Tomorrow, next week, next century... we will eventually die somehow. Maybe we cannot take the stress of being immortal and end our own lives by crushing ourselves under collapsing cave...
NO
I do not ship ZamorakxZaros.
I follow them. And Marimbo, the best t5 god.

12-Jan-2017 13:02:55

ZAmorakZaros
Apr Gold Premier Club Member 2013

ZAmorakZaros

Posts: 7,545Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Giras said:
That can literally mean any number of things! From viewing out death in Blood Runs Deep to the explosion in Nomad's Elegy.
But on a non-lore level two things must remain in place for the game to work:
1. player has to live. The "World Guardian" as Guthix made it might be no more but the player has to survive or there'll be no game.
2. The player has to have some kind of plot device to protect/prevent godhood.

For all we know the player dies and the powers from Guthix are spent in a massive explosion...but Jas likes us so she remakes us complete with mcguffin powers. Hell...maybe we'll even get to crash our own funeral!

I started supporting your idea when you mentioned Jas.

WgxJas is the best ship and I will not accept objections
NO
I do not ship ZamorakxZaros.
I follow them. And Marimbo, the best t5 god.

12-Jan-2017 13:05:41

Aquamancer
May Member 2011

Aquamancer

Posts: 2,045Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said:
Given how RS time travel seems to function much like Whovian time travel (you can change some things, but others will happen no matter what), I'm expecting Aeternam to function somewhat like Riversong in that they tend to live backwards when compared to the standard flow of time (the time period of our past is their future, and the time period of our future is their past).

Alternatively, they could be the one actually responsible for why certain events in RS are 'fixed.' Essentially, they'd dip in and out of the time line altering events in order to encourage certain outcomes.


I feel the same about Aeternam, with the notable difference that at one point in the future, both Aeternam and the Adventurer will be "up to date" with each other completely, so to speak. Personally, I think that we will meet Aeternam when she has already met us in the past; then we will timetravel in the past, meeting her multiple times when she has not met us before, and learns about us there, while we learn more about her there; and after several adventures with her, both the player and Aeternam would've experienced all of the same events and meet in the Sixth Age.

12-Jan-2017 18:24:51

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ZAmorakZaros said:
Hazeel said:
Kinda disapointing that the WG is destined to fail and die.

Even if we cannot die from natural causes, someone or something will eventually get us. Just like with the gods. Tomorrow, next week, next century... we will eventually die somehow. Maybe we cannot take the stress of being immortal and end our own lives by crushing ourselves under collapsing cave...

Maybe all we do is pull a Sliske and make everyone think we are dead. How do people recognise us when we keep switching bodies/looks/ect. Solve that mystery and we might be able to make everyone think we are dead, all while we attend our own funeral completely unrecognised as the WG O_o...:O...

! :D
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

12-Jan-2017 18:41:40

Vardan

Vardan

Posts: 1,237Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So we have a successor. Interesting, wonder how she got that power...
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

13-Jan-2017 00:29:58

Quick find code: 341-342-238-65868954Back to Top