Forums

Stone of Jas appearance

Quick find code: 341-342-318-65796012

of 2
Bardor

Bardor

Posts: 3,604Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Does anyone know why the stone of Jas has changed appearance so many times? Is it just a graphical update (although I reckon it looks worse) or is there something more behind it? When it changed first I thought it was just frozen although now it's current form has lost all it's colour.

Interestingly, the cracked open egg of Jas on Freneskae retains the vibrant colour of the stone when we first saw it.

26-May-2016 22:52:20

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,505Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm with Lethal on this. If you notice, it tends to match the surrounding area. When we first encounter it during While Guthix Sleeps, it took on the color pattern of the pedestal and rocky surface it was sitting upon.
In Ritual of the Mahjarrat, it seemed to turn more of an icy blue to match the snowy area it was in, both the Glacor caves and the Ritual site.
During Dishonor Among Thieves, it seemed to take a more orange/gray look, much like the room Sliske had it hidden in, in his vault.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

27-May-2016 07:02:41 - Last edited on 27-May-2016 07:03:24 by Sepulchre

Bardor

Bardor

Posts: 3,604Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah, I had considered this, although when we see it the flash back where Zamorak has it the stone is the same colour as it is in WGS, even though it's surroundings are mainly woodland. Maybe this is just the 'default' colour of the stone, I'm not really sure

29-May-2016 12:53:11

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,505Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bardor said:
Yeah, I had considered this, although when we see it the flash back where Zamorak has it the stone is the same colour as it is in WGS, even though it's surroundings are mainly woodland. Maybe this is just the 'default' colour of the stone, I'm not really sure
Or Jagex messed it up. We have 1 instance that says my theory is wrong, and 3 that says it's right. Besides, there were a lot of minor 'oopsies' in DaT.. look at all the complaints the people who made it get about their writing and such.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

29-May-2016 19:49:03

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Perhaps it's because Jas' eggshells are not so much white or light brown as translucent. They seem to take on the colour of their surroundings, such as the stony grey of the Ancient Guthix Temple, an icy bluish white in ROTM, and now another stony colour with an orange tinge where Sliske was hiding the Catalyst in DAT.

Another thing to note is that in DAT, the Stone seems to be hooked up on a machine and energy drained into it. Perhaps the Stone absorbs memories from anyone touching it and gives access to those memories to previous users? And did Sliske take just a small bit of power from it instead of draining it, and then hooked it up to the machine to access memories or drain it slowly without adding to the Dragonkin's ire?
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

29-May-2016 20:01:55

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,505Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said:
Perhaps it's because Jas' eggshells are not so much white or light brown as translucent. They seem to take on the colour of their surroundings, such as the stony grey of the Ancient Guthix Temple, an icy bluish white in ROTM, and now another stony colour with an orange tinge where Sliske was hiding the Catalyst in DAT.

Another thing to note is that in DAT, the Stone seems to be hooked up on a machine and energy drained into it. Perhaps the Stone absorbs memories from anyone touching it and gives access to those memories to previous users? And did Sliske take just a small bit of power from it instead of draining it, and then hooked it up to the machine to access memories or drain it slowly without adding to the Dragonkin's ire?
If that's true, then why isn't the old Jas egg on Freneskae the color of... depressed death?
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

29-May-2016 20:22:21

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sepulchre said:
Ancient Drew said:
Perhaps it's because Jas' eggshells are not so much white or light brown as translucent. They seem to take on the colour of their surroundings, such as the stony grey of the Ancient Guthix Temple, an icy bluish white in ROTM, and now another stony colour with an orange tinge where Sliske was hiding the Catalyst in DAT.

Another thing to note is that in DAT, the Stone seems to be hooked up on a machine and energy drained into it. Perhaps the Stone absorbs memories from anyone touching it and gives access to those memories to previous users? And did Sliske take just a small bit of power from it instead of draining it, and then hooked it up to the machine to access memories or drain it slowly without adding to the Dragonkin's ire?
If that's true, then why isn't the old Jas egg on Freneskae the color of... depressed death?
Jas represents air, so it might have been her own energy "colouring" the shells on Freneskae. The Catalyst, however, may not necessarily have a colour due to the Sixth (assuming she's inside without a body). It seems that the shells themselves became transparent while attached to the Stone, but Jas' own egg is a white/light brown due to her own natural power and alignment to air and time. Zaros said in TLW that the Sixth didn't have a form but is "something else", so it's possible that she doesn't even have her own natural energy.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

30-May-2016 08:19:18

ZAmorakZaros
Apr Gold Premier Club Member 2013

ZAmorakZaros

Posts: 7,545Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
maybe it has not colour of its own? and thus just reflects the colours around it? And that glow... it shows that their awakening is very close...

or maybe it just desperately tries to hide itself among the normal rocks when it is outside the halls?
NO
I do not ship ZamorakxZaros.
I follow them. And Marimbo, the best t5 god.

30-May-2016 08:50:31 - Last edited on 30-May-2016 08:51:56 by ZAmorakZaros

Quick find code: 341-342-318-65796012Back to Top