Forums

I Miss BoL Forum

Quick find code: 341-342-697-65887605

of 5
Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really liked batb and the rivalry was a big part of that. With tuska you sort of gave up after a day because there's really no consequences for losing (and it semed like we weren't going to lose anyway)
Probably a 2 week long world event over something fairly minor (not the death of a god, maybe control of an area) would be really nifty
Carn

05-Mar-2017 07:03:57

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Posts: 3,986Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said:
I really liked batb and the rivalry was a big part of that. With tuska you sort of gave up after a day because there's really no consequences for losing (and it semed like we weren't going to lose anyway)
Probably a 2 week long world event over something fairly minor (not the death of a god, maybe control of an area) would be really nifty


Kinda have to disagree with you about Tuska. As a zamorakian I can remember being quite heavily involved 'cos we went from 4th -> 2nd and were hoping for 1st (not quite sure how the godless won that).

Anyways in reference to the original post, I agree. You can list all the negatives you like about those days but it contained a passion that drove the community forward. And yes you can say that this is just a game, but frankly there are a lot of things that are just a game and many of them are considered perflectly reasonable things to get excited or passionate about. Not everything needs to be bland just so it can have a wider appeal.
"The greatest endeavors are achieved because of their selfless intent"
#WarIsComing

05-Mar-2017 14:12:41

Elf of Seren
Nov Member 2012

Elf of Seren

Posts: 3,313Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said:
I really liked batb and the rivalry was a big part of that. With tuska you sort of gave up after a day because there's really no consequences for losing (and it semed like we weren't going to lose anyway)
Probably a 2 week long world event over something fairly minor (not the death of a god, maybe control of an area) would be really nifty


Wut. Tuska was straight up winning every single day for almost 2 weeks (or was it just the first week?). How are you gonna say it seems like we weren't gonna lose?

(I would enjoy some new events like Falador Invasion or another World Event, but idk what God's would be appropriate for another one. I think keeping it small scale with followers of God's acting independently would probably be best. Maybe fighting over some rediscovered artifact from the God Wars, or something, to give to their God. )

05-Mar-2017 17:09:20 - Last edited on 05-Mar-2017 17:10:10 by Elf of Seren

CD_Paladin_C
Aug Member 2009

CD_Paladin_C

Posts: 3,944Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ahh the BoL forum, what built up the deliciousness of the fall of the Saradominist Faction.

I remember it like yesterday. All our Saradominist friends all high and mighty that they were winning. Once it was over, there were claims that their god was gonna win the sixth age. MPD then came out with claims that Saradomin was gonna win the SoJ.

Then, it happened, a few months later WE2 comes out and after meeting a certain npc at the falador loadstone, the lore community came together to tell the our Saradominist friends that their god's dead next world event. They denied it up and down and claimed that f2p ignorance would get them through the sixth age.

Finally, WE3 rolls around where the lore community is proven right when the faction last places 29 days in a damn row. And for the first time ever, on day 31 of world event 3, the entire Saradominist faction was completely and utterly defeated.

Now they're the lowest population faction that's god is still alive and their god was essentially neutered in multiple ways during the endgame.
"Your god's dead next time he's in a world event. "
-The Lore Community to our Saradominist Friends, Said During World Event 2, Proven During World Event 3.
#StopSaradomin

05-Mar-2017 19:05:01

Rifleavenger

Rifleavenger

Posts: 1,381Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CD_Paladin_C said:
Ahh the BoL forum, what built up the deliciousness of the fall of the Saradominist Faction.

I remember it like yesterday. All our Saradominist friends all high and mighty that they were winning. Once it was over, there were claims that their god was gonna win the sixth age. MPD then came out with claims that Saradomin was gonna win the SoJ.

Then, it happened, a few months later WE2 comes out and after meeting a certain npc at the falador loadstone, the lore community came together to tell the our Saradominist friends that their god's dead next world event. They denied it up and down and claimed that f2p ignorance would get them through the sixth age.

Finally, WE3 rolls around where the lore community is proven right when the faction last places 29 days in a damn row. And for the first time ever, on day 31 of world event 3, the entire Saradominist faction was completely and utterly defeated.

Now they're the lowest population faction that's god is still alive and their god was essentially neutered in multiple ways during the endgame.


White Knights, Saradominist proxies, won Falador event handily despite Zamorak being supposedly more popular after WE3. It was like 78% in favor of the White Knights.

I frankly don't trust Jagex to not mess with World Events. Every single one has ended with a result that best benefits the status quo, isn't that suspicious? Saradomin wins WE1 in a Saradominist kingdom, the more sympathetic Armadyl beats Bandos (the biggest boatrocker of the bunch) and we never get another World Event that kills a faction, Tuska is defeated by the faction that gets no powerup from having killed her cuz Vorago won't just do their bidding, and White Knights keep Falador Saradominist.

05-Mar-2017 20:58:49

Giras
Sep Member 2012

Giras

Posts: 2,389Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ You do understand that's only because the Zamorakian camp was right next to the lodestone for convenience's sake right? The Kinshra also got healed a helluva lot more than the white hypocrites.
I'm no one's servant!

Good. Never let anyone think differently
.

05-Mar-2017 22:01:37

CD_Paladin_C
Aug Member 2009

CD_Paladin_C

Posts: 3,944Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rifleavenger said:


White Knights, Saradominist proxies, won Falador event handily despite Zamorak being supposedly more popular after WE3. It was like 78% in favor of the White Knights.

I frankly don't trust Jagex to not mess with World Events. Every single one has ended with a result that best benefits the status quo, isn't that suspicious? Saradomin wins WE1 in a Saradominist kingdom, the more sympathetic Armadyl beats Bandos (the biggest boatrocker of the bunch) and we never get another World Event that kills a faction, Tuska is defeated by the faction that gets no powerup from having killed her cuz Vorago won't just do their bidding, and White Knights keep Falador Saradominist.


Jagex threw out any and all repercussions the falador event could've had since the majority of the player base teleported to the falador loadstone and started killing black knights since they were right next to it. They've even said that themselves.
"Your god's dead next time he's in a world event. "
-The Lore Community to our Saradominist Friends, Said During World Event 2, Proven During World Event 3.
#StopSaradomin

05-Mar-2017 22:12:01

A Mighty
Dec Member 2019

A Mighty

Posts: 2,249Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I honestly miss the effect on the community that factions had in 2013-14. It was something everyone could participate in, and WE's were social. The problem was that people took it too far, and somehow took it personal when someone talked down on their pretend god. Also, the Tuska event could have been great, but it was ruined because it was rushed for Raids. And I think we can all agree that the potential lore from Tuska would have been much better than whatever Mazcab/Goebie lore we got..
To those cursed by war and pest, Come into the light of Armadyl and rest. This is the law of Armadyl.

05-Mar-2017 23:57:04

CD_Paladin_C
Aug Member 2009

CD_Paladin_C

Posts: 3,944Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cthris said:
Bloodcount said:
Where's that chick who was crazy about Saradomin?


I miss I Love Toby too lol. That account killed me :P


I miss Falcoshit :^(. The current state of the saradominist faction would've hurt him the most.
"Your god's dead next time he's in a world event. "
-The Lore Community to our Saradominist Friends, Said During World Event 2, Proven During World Event 3.
#StopSaradomin

06-Mar-2017 06:35:11

Quick find code: 341-342-697-65887605Back to Top