Forums

OSRS Misplaced threads in RS3

Quick find code: 278-279-954-66034932

of 11
Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,821Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If OSRS users are so confused they can't find the correct OSRS forums to post, why don't they just suggest to isolate Forums from their Community Category just like how Forums are shown next to but not inside Community in the Jagex homepage?

OSRS users are supposed to follow OSRS news, updates and use the OSRS GE, Hiscores, forums and such. This is the page, not the Jagex home page, they should visit very often:

https://oldschool.runescape.com/#_ga=2.188516136.1800737842.1536325836-1080454618.1498157815

If they put (the OSRS) Forums outside (the OSRS) Community in the OSRS page, it should definitely help the confused OSRS users to post in the right place. To make it even clearer, why not change "Forums" to "Old School Forums" under the OSRS home page?

08-Sep-2018 20:41:11 - Last edited on 08-Sep-2018 22:40:11 by Dilbert2001

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 65,532Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
If OSRS users are so confused they can't find the correct OSRS forums to post, why don't they just suggest to isolate Forums from their Community Category just like how Forums are shown next to but not inside Community in the Jagex homepage?

OSRS users are supposed to follow OSRS news, updates and use the OSRS GE, Hiscores, forums and such. This is the page, not the Jagex home page, they should visit very often:

https://oldschool.runescape.com/#_ga=2.188516136.1800737842.1536325836-1080454618.1498157815

If they put Forums outside Community, it should definitely help the confused OSRS users to post in the right place. To make it even clearer, why not change "Forums" to "Old School Forums" under the OSRS home page?


Nah even then theyd still do it probably for shits and giggles.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support
Currently a forum user only

08-Sep-2018 20:53:44

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,821Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Dilbert2001 said:
If OSRS users are so confused they can't find the correct OSRS forums to post, why don't they just suggest to isolate Forums from their Community Category just like how Forums are shown next to but not inside Community in the Jagex homepage?

OSRS users are supposed to follow OSRS news, updates and use the OSRS GE, Hiscores, forums and such. This is the page, not the Jagex home page, they should visit very often:

https://oldschool.runescape.com/#_ga=2.188516136.1800737842.1536325836-1080454618.1498157815

If they put Forums outside Community, it should definitely help the confused OSRS users to post in the right place. To make it even clearer, why not change "Forums" to "Old School Forums" under the OSRS home page?


Nah even then theyd still do it probably for shits and giggles.


Yes, I know the "confused" OSRS ones deliberately post in the RS3 forums will still be "confused" but I am just giving the Jmods the idea OSRS forum issues (if they are legitimate issues) should be addressed within the OSRS webpage. ;)

08-Sep-2018 20:58:03

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 65,532Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
Yes, I know the "confused" OSRS ones deliberately post in the RS3 forums will still be "confused" but I am just giving the Jmods the idea OSRS forum issues (if they are legitimate issues) should be addressed within the OSRS webpage


Yet why do anything if it still wouldnt fix the "problem"?
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support
Currently a forum user only

08-Sep-2018 21:42:23

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 18,676Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RSOF = 'RuneScape' Official Forums ... RuneScape ... which means any game called RuneScape ... will it be Old School or will it be version 3, the RSOF are for both.

We are "1" Community, ...

Maybe you better could be a bit more nice to others and just answer their questions / or engage their discussions in a friendly way rather than raking the RSOF as a bunch of WBM's and bossing around these Forums as if it's your property we are talking about.

Just simply be nice to others or else ... leave these threads alone for real Moderators to do their job. :)

It would be nice if that hostility towards Old School would end right now. :D:D:D

08-Sep-2018 21:59:54

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,821Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2_Tron said:
RSOF = 'RuneScape' Official Forums ... RuneScape ... which means any game called RuneScape ... will it be Old School or will it be version 3, the RSOF are for both.

We are "1" Community, ...

Maybe you better could be a bit more nice to others and just answer their questions / or engage their discussions in a friendly way rather than raking the RSOF as a bunch of WBM's and bossing around these Forums as if it's your property we are talking about.

Just simply be nice to others or else ... leave these threads alone for real Moderators to do their job. :)

It would be nice if that hostility towards Old School would end right now. :D:D:D


Do you realize this thread is about OSRS users posting in the wrong RS3 forums, not about "hostility" towards whatever forum users?

08-Sep-2018 22:13:17

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 18,676Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Do you realize this thread is about OSRS users posting in the wrong RS3 forums, not about "hostility" towards whatever forum users?


Exactly.

Lets not drag this off-topic plz.
Tuffty said:
Even renaming sections helps a little but you will still get misplaced threads. Been here since the Forums were born and seen 1000's of misplaced threads in my time here. It takes seconds to move them so I personally see no issues with an odd misplaced thread. If they are placed there to disrupt a section then I'm sure Jagex will deal with it then.

I see nothing to worry about as it can be fixed. :D
Just like Tuffty said, leave it for the Moderators to deal with.
For the sake of Community binding, if you decide to engage in a thread than make it a friendly helpful community binding engagement because its all about RuneScape. If you dislike misplaced threads, take your distance and let Moderators do their job if they are up to to fulfilling their volunteer job how they suppose to be doing according to Jagex.
Stop complaining about a minor issue and make it out to be a hostile violation of the use of The RSOF.

08-Sep-2018 22:43:18

Quick find code: 278-279-954-66034932Back to Top