Forums

Clone-Tak?

Quick find code: 341-342-87-65865362

of 2
Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I had a thought buzzing around my bonnet and I am going to share it.

It would seem Wen corrupted Mah and as rumour would have it make a clone Wen. I had a more dire thought......could Clone Wen be Xau-Tak?




Ocean based like Xau and they do have tendrils or whatever they supposedly have!


What do you think?
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

31-Dec-2016 16:52:08

Wahisietel
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2005

Wahisietel

Posts: 3,426Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's Bik, the island is Entrana.

Wen is unlikely to have cloned herself, it's just that she's either split in two or is so large that she resides underneath both mountains.
You never were our brightest star, Khazard. 'Vermin slaughtered like lambs'? What does that even mean?

31-Dec-2016 17:47:42

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wahisietel said:
That's Bik, the island is Entrana.

Wen is unlikely to have cloned herself, it's just that she's either split in two or is so large that she resides underneath both mountains.
I know the picture if a concept of Bik but there are enough similarities that the split/clone Wen cpould just as easily be the Darl Lord Seren type of split, depending on what Wen was trying to do. Which in that case could give you a Xau-Tak style beastie.

Elf of Seren said:
:o It just occurred to me that maybe she split herself to replace Mah... if she was split, and isn't just huge.
Actually I'd say Wen sabotaged Mah deliberately for her own ends.
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

01-Jan-2017 09:30:59

Lethalintent
Dec Member 2012

Lethalintent

Posts: 7,343Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not the worst Xau-Tak theory we've had. But I'd rather have Xau-Tak not be linked to the Elders in that way.

I'm fascinated by how he can invoke our name in the past, the corpse oceans, his Ambassador this year, it could all be so boringly explained away through "Elder god powers" I'd rather more impressive writing and thought be put into him.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

01-Jan-2017 13:42:21

HeroicSnorro
Jan Member 2016

HeroicSnorro

Posts: 2,081Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For some reason the idea doesn't really resonate with me either, even though the idea isn't that far-fetched at all. However, I think Zaros and Seren already fit the 'descendants of an Elder God' niche.

For some reason I cannot quite explain it feels like Xau-Tak is an ascended Cthonian, gaining massive intelligence and insight as he consumed more and more, not unlike the Gravemind from the Halo series. I certainly see some parallels in the way the communicate with the protagonist, so it might be something (at least, it seems logical in my head).

-=HeroicSnorro=-
Sometimes, less is more.

01-Jan-2017 23:44:54

Edcy

Edcy

Posts: 1,078Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What strikes my puny eye over the more is why is the Empty Sack floating infront of it. On passing by thoughts on minor matters, i wonder if there are more fragments of the ballstone than the three adventurer gets after the quest...

02-Jan-2017 15:12:02

Elf of Seren
Nov Member 2012

Elf of Seren

Posts: 3,313Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If Zaros tries to pull a "I guess I'm just gonna have to kill another one, so they'll be FORCED to let me join" I'm literally going to stab him.

When this quest comes out, I'm predicting that, we'll either be working directly with him, or he'll pop up last min, just to mess up our plans to save all of existence, bc he had his own.

02-Jan-2017 23:10:23

Devil Vein
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Devil Vein

Posts: 385Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lethalintent said:
Not the worst Xau-Tak theory we've had. But I'd rather have Xau-Tak not be linked to the Elders in that way.

I'm fascinated by how he can invoke our name in the past, the corpse oceans, his Ambassador this year, it could all be so boringly explained away through "Elder god powers" I'd rather more impressive writing and thought be put into him.


For me, Xau-tak has to be Cthulhu in nature, form, and existence. He is based so much on him that it has to be. He is an anomaly formed during the first universe. He exists outside of time and space and is therefore unaffected by things within it. Such as the elder gods and their methods of revision. He exists because hes always existed and always will. He seeps into our universe from time to time but only for a short time before returning to slumber by will or by force...
I have seen the dark universe yawning, where the black planets roll without aim;
Where they roll in their horror unheeded, without knowledge or lustre or name.

04-Jan-2017 16:07:10

Elf of Seren
Nov Member 2012

Elf of Seren

Posts: 3,313Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Devil Vein said:
. He is an anomaly formed during the first universe. He exists outside of time and space and is therefore unaffected by things within it. Such as the elder gods and their methods of revision. He exists because hes always existed and always will. He seeps into our universe from time to time but only for a short time before returning to slumber by will or by force...


Is this confirmed? I don't remember seeing this anywhere.

04-Jan-2017 20:19:41

Quick find code: 341-342-87-65865362Back to Top