Forums

Origin of Desert Pantheon

Quick find code: 341-342-146-66138107

IáISáSPAEROR
May Member 2018

IáISáSPAEROR

Posts: 3,920Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So where did the Desert gods Tumeken and Elidinis actually come from? Do they have a realm the call home besides Gielinor? Or possibly two realms, one for each?

And... is that where they both are right now?
Click here for ideas on exploring other worlds, specifically the human homeworld Teragard. This one's me baby

10-Jan-2020 22:55:28 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2020 22:56:35 by IáISáSPAEROR

Adventurerrr
Jan Member 2018

Adventurerrr

Posts: 3,387Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
IáISáSPAEROR said:
So where did the Desert gods Tumeken and Elidinis actually come from? Do they have a realm the call home besides Gielinor? Or possibly two realms, one for each?

And... is that where they both are right now?


It is unknown where Tumeken and Elidinis originally came from. It is unknown where Elidinis is at this moment, but if you've completed the recent desert quests within Menaphos, you'll find out where Tumeken is.
the World Guardian
,
Of the Godless

´Ž´ĽThe Quest CollectiveĽ´Ž´

17-Jan-2020 04:22:09

IáISáSPAEROR
May Member 2018

IáISáSPAEROR

Posts: 3,920Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Adventurerrr said:


It is unknown where Tumeken and Elidinis originally came from. It is unknown where Elidinis is at this moment, but if you've completed the recent desert quests within Menaphos, you'll find out where Tumeken is.


I completed those quests some time ago but I didn't find it adequately explained. Or maybe I just don't recall correctly. Mahjarrat memories suggests Tumeken exploded himself sometime during the fight against the Zarosian empire... was that fleshed out in the desert quests?
Click here for ideas on exploring other worlds, specifically the human homeworld Teragard. This one's me baby

18-Jan-2020 02:43:20

Adventurerrr
Jan Member 2018

Adventurerrr

Posts: 3,387Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
IáISáSPAEROR said:
Adventurerrr said:


It is unknown where Tumeken and Elidinis originally came from. It is unknown where Elidinis is at this moment, but if you've completed the recent desert quests within Menaphos, you'll find out where Tumeken is.


I completed those quests some time ago but I didn't find it adequately explained. Or maybe I just don't recall correctly. Mahjarrat memories suggests Tumeken exploded himself sometime during the fight against the Zarosian empire... was that fleshed out in the desert quests?


I believe it was, but I could be wrong. Tumeken is revealed to be alive in 'Phite Club, though his status is still unknown. He possesses Jabari and two Thralls in an attempt to persuade his daughter to stop her actions, though he fails to do so. It is theorized that he is the Kharid-ib because of the quest's ending. And the rest of the Pantheon were confirmed to be his avatars, (like bandos avatar but with a mind of their own.) Minus Amascut and her brother, who were confirmed to be house pet given power to be demi-gods. So his status is still completely unknown.
the World Guardian
,
Of the Godless

´Ž´ĽThe Quest CollectiveĽ´Ž´

18-Jan-2020 13:17:28

IáISáSPAEROR
May Member 2018

IáISáSPAEROR

Posts: 3,920Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Adventurerrr said:
Tumeken is revealed to be alive in 'Phite Club, though his status is still unknown. He possesses Jabari and two Thralls in an attempt to persuade his daughter to stop her actions, though he fails to do so. It is theorized that he is the Kharid-ib because of the quest's ending.


Yeah, I just went back to the wiki description of that quest and it does seem to suggest that. Interesting... I hope this is further explored soon.
Click here for ideas on exploring other worlds, specifically the human homeworld Teragard. This one's me baby

19-Jan-2020 22:56:28

AesirWarrior

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,055Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A lot of the details about Tumeken's current status are left for the player to figure out. It's not stated explicitly. But basically, the gist of it is that after Tumeken exploded* his "soul", or maybe more accurately his being( as gods don't have souls per se), was split into various pieces echoing the IRL ancient Egyptian concept of the soul. It doesn't translate 100% but it's a clear inspiration.

Take a look at this dialogue from Phite Club (emphasis mine):

Original message details are unavailable.
AMASCUT:You should be afraid! Your essence was spent long ago. Your shadow is no longer cast. The people have forgotten your name. And once Scabaras finally debases himself, your bau shall be entirely corrupted. Then I shall devour your heart, and with it the last remnant of your existence!



The bau is the part of a person that roughly represents their personality. In RS we know that Tumeken's bau is represented through the Desert gods Crondis, Het, Apmeken and Scabaras as proven by this dialogue from Our Man in the North (but long theorised beforehand):

Original message details are unavailable.
HET: Once our brother, Scabaras, reveals himself, the bau of Tumeken shall be whole again.


The Heart, Ib, is another aspect of the soul, embodied in the Kharid-Ib, the Heart of the Sun. IIRC it represents something like emotion and will.

Those are the two soul aspects we can account for for sure, others are more uncertain.

Some people think that "Tumeken's Shadow", the thing you fight in Missing my Mummy is, err, Tumeken's Shadow in the soul sense, but that's not clear. Personally I got the impression that was more a guardian or representation of Senliten's shadow rather than Tumeken's.

As for his name and essence, what's known as the Ren and Ka, I don't tink I've even seen theories about.


* There's reason to believe that Tumeken deliberately created the desert gods before exploding as a failsafe, so part of the soul split at least occured before the explosion.
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

29-Jan-2020 20:31:42

IáISáSPAEROR
May Member 2018

IáISáSPAEROR

Posts: 3,920Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AesirWarrior said:
A lot of the details about Tumeken's current status are left for the player to figure out. It's not stated explicitly. But basically...


Very interesting that the soul is split into all those components. At some point do you think we may find ourselves reforging Tumeken similar to how we reforged Seren, albeit in a slightly more complicated way?
Click here for ideas on exploring other worlds, specifically the human homeworld Teragard. This one's me baby

01-Feb-2020 06:28:34

Quick find code: 341-342-146-66138107Back to Top