Forums

Trimmed Comp made easier

Quick find code: 15-16-173-66228917

of 2
Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 19,997Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Today we see the Trimmed Comp Cape being made easier to obtain.

Anybody working on Trimmed Comp? Any thoughts on the new enhancers?

What other Trimmed Comp requirements you want to see made easier? To me, I want enhancers on the E-I-E-I-O!

14-Sep-2021 02:56:33

Ekimike
Feb Member 2018

Ekimike

Posts: 341Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have comp, going for trim, and I think it is all fair enough, but there are two that bother me:

Chompy birds - This one just feels grinds for no reason; I accept that, but it would be nice to see some more unlockables (maybe overrides) as you get more chompy birds. This one should just be modified to make it feel more rewarding (even minor).

Conquest - this mini game needs to be removed.

17-Sep-2021 01:28:04

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 19,997Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ekimike said:
I have comp, going for trim, and I think it is all fair enough, but there are two that bother me:

Chompy birds - This one just feels grinds for no reason; I accept that, but it would be nice to see some more unlockables (maybe overrides) as you get more chompy birds. This one should just be modified to make it feel more rewarding (even minor).

Conquest - this mini game needs to be removed.


"The 'Conquest Adore' achievement is no longer required for the Trimmed Completionist Cape."
- Ninja Strike 26, Weekly Update September 13, 2021.

18-Sep-2021 18:40:41

Smasherley
Jul Member 2007

Smasherley

Posts: 2,024Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Trimmed comp is a grind cape, it's purely a bragging rights cape. it's not meant to be made easy for lazy people.

They could of halved the castle wars cost of profund again or made cheaper through Thaler.

Removing it was disasterous to what was left of the minigames section of Runescape, it was only hanging by a thread on the basis that profound was required for trimmed. Since it's removal no minigame is ever active again, Except Castle Wars.. Ironically the requirement that was removed.

Being trimmed it's pretty annoying that Jagex keep devaluing the achievement repeatedly

They've made it so the cape is nothing but cosmetic, don't understand why they need to interfere with it anymore, if people aren't willing to put in the extra time

Then they don't deserve the right to wear it.

However I will agree if they're not willing to update and overhaul the minigames of Runescape then it shouldn't take 5-10 years to remove them.

19-Sep-2021 10:58:44 - Last edited on 19-Sep-2021 11:00:09 by Smasherley

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 7,607Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah - statue improvements were long overdue - it was so much worse than the golden one.

Ekimike said:
I have comp, going for trim, and I think it is all fair enough, but there are two that bother me:

Chompy birds - This one just feels grinds for no reason; I accept that, but it would be nice to see some more unlockables (maybe overrides) as you get more chompy birds. This one should just be modified to make it feel more rewarding (even minor).

Conquest - this mini game needs to be removed.


To be fair - chompy birds do unlock something - thus they are supposed to be on the cape. What certainly could be done better would be more motivational stuff - more milestones unlocking cosmetics (and not just some statless items) - it's just better flow if you're unlocking some achievement every few hundred kills, instead of one at 30 and one at 4k. And of course the overall gameplay could be improved - it's rancid in comparision to OS, which bothered to improve that stuff.

And yeah - since conquest hasn't unlocked anything, it of course didn't belonged on the cape - it's more than fine to exist as an achievement though. Literally the same thing as with talking to some random dude in some random set of armour. They're achievements - not completables. There certainly are more achievements, that do not belong on the cape - but there also are tons of completables that should be there in lieu.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

19-Sep-2021 12:47:29

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 7,607Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Smasherley said:
They could of halved the castle wars cost of profund again or made cheaper through Thaler.

Removing it was disasterous to what was left of the minigames section of Runescape, it was only hanging by a thread on the basis that profound was required for trimmed. Since it's removal no minigame is ever active again, Except Castle Wars.. Ironically the requirement that was removed.

Being trimmed it's pretty annoying that Jagex keep devaluing the achievement repeatedly

They've made it so the cape is nothing but cosmetic, don't understand why they need to interfere with it anymore, if people aren't willing to put in the extra time

Then they don't deserve the right to wear it.

However I will agree if they're not willing to update and overhaul the minigames of Runescape then it shouldn't take 5-10 years to remove them.


It's as easy - if it's not completable - it doesn't belong on the cape. At least not on this cape - it would've been fine on the achievement based ones they've scrapped with the rework idea - but for now we're stuck with a cape, that in it's original essence was focused on completables. The original CW requirement at least was a completable one - no matter how asinine it was to do. The thing now unlocking the halo always just was some foul deal for that aspect.

The best solution regarding CW would've been fixing the games played capes (50/100/500 - still takes more than long enough) and re-instating those as a completable requirement. But yeah - I doubt they'll ever fix anything of that asinine amount of time needed - it's just the core design of this steaming pile.

But yeah - for this week they did everything right - they fixed a semi-broken activity - and regarding this it actually provides value for the game - and they removed a non-completable achievement. Not too many left of those to be fair.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

19-Sep-2021 12:52:03 - Last edited on 19-Sep-2021 12:59:23 by Rikornak

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 19,997Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Smasherley said:
Trimmed comp is a grind cape, it's purely a bragging rights cape. it's not meant to be made easy for lazy people.

They could of halved the castle wars cost of profund again or made cheaper through Thaler.

Removing it was disasterous to what was left of the minigames section of Runescape, it was only hanging by a thread on the basis that profound was required for trimmed. Since it's removal no minigame is ever active again, Except Castle Wars.. Ironically the requirement that was removed.

Being trimmed it's pretty annoying that Jagex keep devaluing the achievement repeatedly

They've made it so the cape is nothing but cosmetic, don't understand why they need to interfere with it anymore, if people aren't willing to put in the extra time

Then they don't deserve the right to wear it.

However I will agree if they're not willing to update and overhaul the minigames of Runescape then it shouldn't take 5-10 years to remove them.


Evidently Jagex have a different opinion, hence they relaxed the Trimmed Comp cape requirements this week.

Achievement Cape aren't cosmetic only. They have a lot of OP features such as having 3 flexible skill cape perks on it the same time. That's why Jagex are keep adding requirements to them. However the trend is they want them to be living cape with more and more requirements but less grinding is needed for these requirements. Good idea really! :)

19-Sep-2021 16:28:32

Quick find code: 15-16-173-66228917Back to Top