Forums

Remove TH

Quick find code: 366-367-6-65940719

of 121
Valiere
Nov Member 2021

Valiere

Posts: 45Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I personally had more of an issue with the concept of "premium club" which further stratified consumers and made veteran players like myself feel undervalued. The damage done by the in game store is already to far gone to really make a difference removing it now. I do think they should try to avoid changing it essentially every week and should focus on more dedicated themes which hopefully can be synced with old content to revitalize it.

10-Oct-2020 08:45:31

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 20,657Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Valiere said:
I personally had more of an issue with the concept of "premium club" which further stratified consumers and made veteran players like myself feel undervalued. The damage done by the in game store is already to far gone to really make a difference removing it now. I do think they should try to avoid changing it essentially every week and should focus on more dedicated themes which hopefully can be synced with old content to revitalize it.


Veteran players can get Premier Club with the same amount of real money or bonds as new players too. In fact, veteran players should have the advantage of accumulating more gp and already progressed through numerous money making paths, and therefore easier to get bonds to pay for Premier Club. Being an almost primordial veteran, I actually think Premier Club enhances the value of veterans.

On the other hand, LP devalues new player experience rather because LP has to be accumulated through playing time for most part which even real money can't buy.

10-Oct-2020 17:20:35 - Last edited on 10-Oct-2020 18:01:14 by Dilbert2001

Varpushaukka
Oct Member 2021

Varpushaukka

Posts: 503Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With the announcement of the upcoming removal of action bar MTX in yesterday's news post, it came across as if they intend to do the same with more than just the action bars, so if you're listening Jagex, how about you remove Treasure Hunter next and "provide great value" by designing the actual gameplay to be fun to play, rather than having the player buy to skip it with TH keys? Cheers in advance!
Sparrowhawk (UIM)
. . . .
TLVL: 1775 / 2277
. . . .
# of 99's: 4 / 23
. . . .
QP: 218 / 279

13-Oct-2020 04:15:38

DracoáBurnz
Dec Member 2011

DracoáBurnz

Posts: 75,041Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sady said:
th legit gives players the ability to go from 1 to 120 even 200m in a skill in like a day or less


Yea id love to see actual proof of that happening.

Only time you probably can is during certain promos.

Even then you might hit buy limit.

Besides that its not really possible even with th.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

Support & Party Hats on Solomons

13-Oct-2020 22:07:29 - Last edited on 13-Oct-2020 22:08:01 by DracoáBurnz

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 20,657Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Varpushaukka said:
With the announcement of the upcoming removal of action bar MTX in yesterday's news post, it came across as if they intend to do the same with more than just the action bars, so if you're listening Jagex, how about you remove Treasure Hunter next and "provide great value" by designing the actual gameplay to be fun to play, rather than having the player buy to skip it with TH keys? Cheers in advance!


It is a change to Bond, not TH. Yes, they have said they are working on more... more like having a single store instead of different stores with different kinds of currencies. TH is going to be here, of course, and they are giving us better rewards the last few promotions like a guaranteed bonus lamp or a piece of cosmetic after opening a fixed number of loot duel chests, as well as the Ice Chest in Double Dragon.

14-Oct-2020 01:04:28

Hazelmare
Sep Member 2020

Hazelmare

Posts: 431Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MTX/TH/In-game purchases will be here until the game goes away.

I think there will be more innovative ways to make it less "buy your way to success", like what they've done with Archeology where you can't just simply buy your way to max and it still requires a grind.

The same with completionist capes/trimmed completionist capes.

Some people are going to drop thousands of dollars on a game because they can and that's what makes them happy, but some people want to grind it out. Honestly, if someone has that kind of cash then more power to them. You don't achieve anything from buying your way to success, though.
Check out my suggestion for a Tears of Guthix Sequel

25-Oct-2020 17:26:46

Varpushaukka
Oct Member 2021

Varpushaukka

Posts: 503Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HFqrak3iUk

Just another reason to remove Treasure Hunter, because even though this has been fixed now, this and the other TH "bugs" wouldn't have ever occurred if Treasure Hunter wasn't a thing in the first place. Just remove the whole thing please, nothing of true value will be lost and there'll be fewer bugs like this.
Sparrowhawk (UIM)
. . . .
TLVL: 1775 / 2277
. . . .
# of 99's: 4 / 23
. . . .
QP: 218 / 279

27-Oct-2020 03:40:20

DracoáBurnz
Dec Member 2011

DracoáBurnz

Posts: 75,041Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^You do know the games always going to have bugs right?

So with your logic, we might as well remove the whole game as im sure theres been more than a few bugs with just this weeks update alone.

As one of my favorite animes said about game, and yes this is paraphrasing, theres never going to be a game that 100% bug/glitch free as that would mean making a "perfect" game and humans just arent perfect.

So removing TH just because of its bugs/glitches is a null subject.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

Support & Party Hats on Solomons

27-Oct-2020 10:24:21

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 20,657Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Varpushaukka said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HFqrak3iUk

Just another reason to remove Treasure Hunter, because even though this has been fixed now, this and the other TH "bugs" wouldn't have ever occurred if Treasure Hunter wasn't a thing in the first place. Just remove the whole thing please, nothing of true value will be lost and there'll be fewer bugs like this.


You already said the bug is fixed, so what's your point? Your rant is like Tbows shouldn't be a thing in the first place because some people used a bug to get tbows to spawn just once.

27-Oct-2020 17:16:23

Quick find code: 366-367-6-65940719Back to Top