Forums

Why am I banned for Macroing..

Quick find code: 408-409-974-66232884

of 2
xYodasun

xYodasun

Posts: 8Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm trying to find out why I got banned for macroing... Only program I use is runelite and I don't use plugins, all I really did on the account was runecrafting and mining essence.

I did both of these tasks while watching a movie so was afk doing it. Is a new account(so not compromised) and computer only has osrs client and runelite client on it (only 2 programs besides chrome)

I appealed it and they said that it wasn't a mistake ban. I'm trying to find out why? What happened that I can possibly change.. because otherwise if I keep getting banned for playing doing afk tasks, that is not fair, especially to my group because it is a GIM account.


I'd like to add I checked the thread on using third party clients and I didn't break any rules there either.

19-Oct-2021 03:27:48 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2021 03:28:26 by xYodasun

ToP BaSS
Apr Member 2009

ToP BaSS

Posts: 19,180Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You use 3rd party clients at your own risk.
You have no idea what malicious codes are written on your version of the client you used - you can never be sure it was a clean version.

19-Oct-2021 03:40:56

xYodasun

xYodasun

Posts: 8Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ToP BaSS said:
You use 3rd party clients at your own risk.
You have no idea what malicious codes are written on your version of the client you used - you can never be sure it was a clean version.



Changelog 8th November 2019


We’ve further clarified that manual tile markers are not prohibited by the rules which prohibit automatic tile markers.

We’ve added confirmation that RuneLite have fully complied with the rules within this statement.


I use the official RuneLite client. ^ this quote is from https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/c=Fl6drsrgwvM/another-message-about-unofficial-clients?oldschool=1#_ga=2.86780508.534590722.1572441708-1692402189.1572441708

19-Oct-2021 04:08:52

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 24,692Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, I think it would be a good idea to check that your Device and Account is secure. If Jagex thinks you broke the rules, it's possible your account was hijacked in a more complex way e.g through a Remote Access Trojan (RAT), someone else playing on your device etc.

It's also a good idea to check for any custom remapping software or mouse/keyboard scripts.
These can all be a problem to the game's Anti-cheat.
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot!

19-Oct-2021 09:51:32

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 6,546Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Main thing is... if you use 3rd party software.. there is risk involved. Jagex says so themselves
when they use this quote " 3rd party software is use at your own risk"

If there were no risk involved then Jagex would leave that out.

You do not see that quote on the official clients you can download from the official Runescape site.

I have seen so many pple say i was banned but i ONLY use RUNELITE. After a while 1 or 2
coincidences become 3 or 4 and then its not longer coincidence.

Yea, its not fair to your GIM party but YOU use the client so the account is gone.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

19-Oct-2021 10:44:58

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 20,761Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xYodasun said:
ToP BaSS said:
You use 3rd party clients at your own risk.
You have no idea what malicious codes are written on your version of the client you used - you can never be sure it was a clean version.



Changelog 8th November 2019


We’ve further clarified that manual tile markers are not prohibited by the rules which prohibit automatic tile markers.

We’ve added confirmation that RuneLite have fully complied with the rules within this statement.


I use the official RuneLite client. ^ this quote is from https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/c=Fl6drsrgwvM/another-message-about-unofficial-clients?oldschool=1#_ga=2.86780508.534590722.1572441708-1692402189.1572441708
The information you are referring to is already '
2 years Old
' and Jagex/JMods might have an even more extended list of offenses you might be banned for and it is not Jagex's responsibility to warn you every single day.
'
Warnings about third party clients are known
'



https://oldschool.runescape.com/download ... download '
Jagex's OldSchool RuneScape Client
' to have a risk free future enjoying OldSchool RuneScape as long as you wish to.

19-Oct-2021 13:48:34

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 7,881Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xYodasun said:
I'd like to add I checked the thread on using third party clients and I didn't break any rules there either.
The list provided in the A Message About Unofficial Clients & Another Message About Unofficial Clients New articles is NOT exhaustive and it isn't meant to be. Within those News articles, the following is clearly stated:

"As we’ve said, this is not an exhaustive list, and we reserve the right to add features to this list in future. We’ll continue to monitor community concerns about other specific features and offer more clarity if it’s needed."

"This statement isn’t meant to cover all possibilities, since new ones may emerge at any time, but it should give you more clarity about what you can or can’t do in the meantime. We hope to be able to offer more clarity in the future, and we’re going to reach out to the community to identify the right long-term solution which strikes the right balance between player enjoyment and game integrity."

Additionally, you also have the list below, which may be found within the Rules of RuneScape (
https://www.jagex.com/en-GB/terms/rules-of-runescape#_ga=)
:



It'll be impossible for us to decipher what exactly got you banned because Jagex doesn't divulge any kind of information pertaining to macroing or use of bots because doing so puts their detection system in jeopardy. It'd just be best for you to double-check the News articles and the macroing section of the Rules of RuneScape shared above to see if any of those actions apply to you. It's the closest that you may get to finding an answer.

19-Oct-2021 18:52:53

xYodasun

xYodasun

Posts: 8Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would be nice to have a reasoning, as I haven't broken any rules that I have seen.

The account was 2 days old, on a computer that only has Runescape and isn't compromised.

Everything I did was strictly in the rules, so only think I could think of is it detected me runecrafting or mining for a decent period of time, and in those time i afk timed out a lot or didnt click because I was watching a movie at the same times.


How do we fully know how to prevent ourselves from being banned if were not shown proof as to why we are banned? Especially when playing normal.

19-Oct-2021 20:02:58

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 20,761Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xYodasun said:
Would be nice to have a reasoning, as I haven't broken any rules that I have seen.

The account was 2 days old, on a computer that only has Runescape and isn't compromised.

Everything I did was strictly in the rules, so only think I could think of is it detected me runecrafting or mining for a decent period of time, and in those time i afk timed out a lot or didnt click because I was watching a movie at the same times.


How do we fully know how to prevent ourselves from being banned if were not shown proof as to why we are banned? Especially when playing normal.
If you download Jagex's Official OldSchool RuneScape Client you don't have to prove yourself that you are using a '
legit client
' as Jagex/JMods do that for you, they will make sure that their client is safe to use within the Rules of RuneScape keeping players out of troubles.

If you decide to use a third party client like runelite the efforts lie with you as you have to prove to yourself that the client is safe to use within the Rules of RuneScape.

Prevent yourself from being banned by using Jagex's Official OldSchool RuneScape client.

19-Oct-2021 20:17:33

xYodasun

xYodasun

Posts: 8Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2_Tron said:
xYodasun said:
Would be nice to have a reasoning, as I haven't broken any rules that I have seen.

The account was 2 days old, on a computer that only has Runescape and isn't compromised.

Everything I did was strictly in the rules, so only think I could think of is it detected me runecrafting or mining for a decent period of time, and in those time i afk timed out a lot or didnt click because I was watching a movie at the same times.


How do we fully know how to prevent ourselves from being banned if were not shown proof as to why we are banned? Especially when playing normal.
If you download Jagex's Official OldSchool RuneScape Client you don't have to prove yourself that you are using a '
legit client
' as Jagex/JMods do that for you, they will make sure that their client is safe to use within the Rules of RuneScape keeping players out of troubles.

If you decide to use a third party client like runelite the efforts lie with you as you have to prove to yourself that the client is safe to use within the Rules of RuneScape.

Prevent yourself from being banned by using Jagex's Official OldSchool RuneScape client.


I get what you're saying but at the same time 3rd party clients aren't against the rules, and they themselves had stated runelite is safe.( i get that article is old) Even in just the past month they, said a certain plugin within runelite wouldnt be bannable.

I did nothing against the rules yet was banned. If I did something against the rules then I would understand. All I'm asking for is the evidence of my ban so I know, but there is no evidence. It looks like a lot of people get falsely banned for "botting" but no evidence and the appeal is instantly denied. (not saying they all didn't do something wrong) because there is people that will say they didnt just to get unbanned. But I myself used no botting and yet was banned for botting.

19-Oct-2021 23:36:20

Quick find code: 408-409-974-66232884Back to Top