Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

of 138
Tewi
Jul Member 2018

Tewi

Posts: 142Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ferenc2017 said:
2 words,

NO REWARDS


I'm not too sure about this. I think most people would like an extra reward apart from the "glory" and "honour" of getting 99 again. But that's just my opinion.

17-Oct-2013 20:34:36

Nat

Nat

Posts: 7,813Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dadizar said:
Nat said:
Meh. There's no point. You give them a valid reason, valid suggestions to fix it, to make the update more realistic and useful, and they still bash you.

I'm just going to assume you're all idiots, don't read what I've posted(and what other naysayers have posted), or are just trolls.

And for those that just don't understand the NO perspective, imagine playing for 10 years. Now imagine finally getting the a Completionist Cape. Then imagine planning on getting 200m's in the skills you love to train. Hold on a minute. Is that a div blog?

IS THAT DIV BLOG TELLING ME 200M'S WONT BE RELEVANT SOON?! OH BOY ITS MY TIME TO SHINE.

....Oh wait...I don't have 10 years to waste again :c.


^ +1 from a fellow aspy


There's too many of us on here xD

17-Oct-2013 20:35:40

CharmedPop

CharmedPop

Posts: 4,724Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm going to vote "no" because my preference for addressing these issues are as followed:

Raise the level of skills to 120

Increase the maximum amount of experience allowed in a skill

Create a seasonal highscores table

I'd rather those that have put in the time to get a particular amount of XP not be disadvantaged by the system.

17-Oct-2013 20:36:10

MrRobinHood
Jun Member 2019

MrRobinHood

Posts: 2,613Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nattie, I like how you quoted my reasonable response, followed by somebody who asked for reasonable responses... I've been following this for awhile and missed you specify any negatives, so excuse me for being curious.

I'd like to consider myself pretty objective in most arguments, I don't try to have sides in advance. Admittedly, the only reasonable No argument I have seen is, is that it's kind of unfair for those with lots of XP past 99.

I have offered compromising ideas to that issue but beyond that I don't see any other legitimate concerns. That's why I have asked you NATTIE, what te heavy negatives were.... I'm trying to be objective... you don't mind writing a block of text to tell people to back off but not why it's bad...
\\ \\ \\_________|` ............Sir.RbiHd ......... |_______// // //
// // //| ......200 Mll Rg XP ....... `|\\ \\ \\

17-Oct-2013 20:36:13

Lotuspod

Lotuspod

Posts: 248Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
lol OCD nattie getting mad because something might make her/him realize what a complete waste of time hiscores are...its for fun lolol, its not work or a time investment like so many say

Some of you people are sick, you make rs seem like a drug in which you are all horribly addicted yet have a massive ego over at the same time. And then have the nerve to call others hateful and idiots....lolol people are sadly, sickly, awesome sometimes this is good stuff.

17-Oct-2013 20:37:04

Ferenc2017
Oct Member 2011

Ferenc2017

Posts: 9,571Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tewi said:
Ferenc2017 said:
2 words,

NO REWARDS


I'm not too sure about this. I think most people would like an extra reward apart from the "glory" and "honour" of getting 99 again. But that's just my opinion.


Every player should have a chance to get all the rewards, on this way only people that got no life can get them. This is not fair and nor good for the health of that players.
Ferenc2017
-
The Gamebreaker
:) Raise max cash! Click here to support!

17-Oct-2013 20:37:28

Rhuiviel
Dec Member 2019

Rhuiviel

Posts: 910Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nat said:
Meh. There's no point. You give them a valid reason, valid suggestions to fix it, to make the update more realistic and useful, and they still bash you.

I'm just going to assume you're all idiots, don't read what I've posted(and what other naysayers have posted), or are just trolls.

And for those that just don't understand the NO perspective, imagine playing for 10 years. Now imagine finally getting the a Completionist Cape. Then imagine planning on getting 200m's in the skills you love to train. Hold on a minute. Is that a div blog?

IS THAT DIV BLOG TELLING ME 200M'S WONT BE RELEVANT SOON?! OH BOY ITS MY TIME TO SHINE.

....Oh wait...I don't have 10 years to waste again :c.


I understand your point. I've been playin forever 10 years myself, though this account is newer (little over a year and a half). The thing is, with the way this incomplete update would supposedly be, you'll only be affected by it if you choose to be. Oh sure, other players might go beyond 200m exp in a skill. My question to you is this-how, exactly, does that belittle your accomplishment of reaching 200,000,000 exp in a skill?

17-Oct-2013 20:38:39 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 20:39:13 by Rhuiviel

Nat

Nat

Posts: 7,813Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MrRobinHood said:
Nattie, I like how you quoted my reasonable response, followed by somebody who asked for reasonable responses... I've been following this for awhile and missed you specify any negatives, so excuse me for being curious.

I'd like to consider myself pretty objective in most arguments, I don't try to have sides in advance. Admittedly, the only reasonable No argument I have seen is, is that it's kind of unfair for those with lots of XP past 99.

I have offered compromising ideas to that issue but beyond that I don't see any other legitimate concerns. That's why I have asked you NATTIE, what te heavy negatives were.... I'm trying to be objective... you don't mind writing a block of text to tell people to back off but not why it's bad...


You've missed me pointing out the flaws, I'm sorry if you're so dull that it doesn't penetrate your brain. You're simply attacking me at this point for the sake of doing so. I'll direct you to Brasscia's post a few pages back - as that would be my ideal template - if you missed that post. I'm not repeating myself again.

17-Oct-2013 20:39:34

Tewi
Jul Member 2018

Tewi

Posts: 142Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ferenc2017 said:

Every player should have a chance to get all the rewards


Uhhh, no? Holiday events, promotional events - all of these are for those who managed to get it, and if you couldn't: too bad. Every one of these have been cosmetic, so no one gets an advantage either way.

But that's not even the case here - everyone can prestige (if they want to) to get a cosmetic reward that does nothing other than looking cool.

17-Oct-2013 20:41:42

Lotuspod

Lotuspod

Posts: 248Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rhuiviel said:
Nat said:
Meh. There's no point. You give them a valid reason, valid suggestions to fix it, to make the update more realistic and useful, and they still bash you.

I'm just going to assume you're all idiots, don't read what I've posted(and what other naysayers have posted), or are just trolls.

And for those that just don't understand the NO perspective, imagine playing for 10 years. Now imagine finally getting the a Completionist Cape. Then imagine planning on getting 200m's in the skills you love to train. Hold on a minute. Is that a div blog?

IS THAT DIV BLOG TELLING ME 200M'S WONT BE RELEVANT SOON?! OH BOY ITS MY TIME TO SHINE.

....Oh wait...I don't have 10 years to waste again :c.


I understand your point. I've been suing forever 10 years myself, though this account is newer (little over a year and a half). The thing is, with the way this incomplete update would supposedly be, you'll only be affected by it if you choose to be. Oh sure, other players might go beyond 200m exp in a skill. My question to you is this-how, exactly, does that belittle your accomplishment of reaching 200,000,000 exp in a skill?


Because they're sick, they feel the need they have to complete every little thing and be the highest score in every thing also. Then they want people to feel sorry about their condition even though there are far worse things some people have to deal with in life.

Just give them a shiny gold star and tell them they're special. Maybe give them all a number 1 spot on hiscores so they will feel better about themselves. Maybe then they can start thinking about whats good for the game as a whole, and not specific players such as themselves.

17-Oct-2013 20:41:48

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445Back to Top