Forums

Diversity changes were needed!Thread is locked

Quick find code: 15-16-372-66144672

of 15
Abby Taylor
Nov Member 2019

Abby Taylor

Posts: 1,694Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The recent updates to make Runescape more inclusive were much needed!
and the proof is right here on the forums.

Although the forums aren't very active, I've noticed that there's a bunch of people who are really upset that jagex is trying to make progressive changes to their game.

As a normal player, these updates had no affect on gameplay or how I enjoy runescape. I think any normal player wouldn't notice these changes or care.
But I'll tell you really cares, bigots.

Runescape in my opinion has always been a wholesome and inoffensive game, but Jagex taking a stance against bigotry seems to have riled up a particular set of people... a group of people who feel personally attacked when a company takes a stance against bigotry.

Anybody who cares enough to make a thread about how terrible the diversity update was, they are showing their true colors, and that is part of the community that Jagex is not interested in pander to.


I hope that jagex makes more updates like this in the future.
Just to let these losers know that racism and homophobia isn't welcome in this community :)

25-Feb-2020 00:20:52

Skull-inky
May Member 2017

Skull-inky

Posts: 3,926Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Typical SJW response, name calling and insults.

Move along to have an actual mature debate, there isn't one to be had here.

For the record, I'm part of the LGBT community.
I'm Sorry my Romany gypsy heritage offends you.

25-Feb-2020 00:24:28 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2020 00:25:23 by Skull-inky

Abby Taylor
Nov Member 2019

Abby Taylor

Posts: 1,694Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
Typical SJW response, name calling and insults.

Move along to have an actual mature debate, there isn't one to be had here.


I'm not calling anybody names. If you're not a bigot then it doesn't apply to you.

You're calling me an SJW because I'm against racism and homophobia. So does that mean you are FOR racism and homophobia?

25-Feb-2020 00:28:51

Skull-inky
May Member 2017

Skull-inky

Posts: 3,926Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Abby Taylor said:
Skull-inky said:
Typical SJW response, name calling and insults.

Move along to have an actual mature debate, there isn't one to be had here.


I'm not calling anybody names. If you're not a bigot then it doesn't apply to you.

You're calling me an SJW because I'm against racism and homophobia. So does that mean you are FOR racism and homophobia?


Yes im a bisexual man and im homophobic. Just listen to yourself my god.
I'm Sorry my Romany gypsy heritage offends you.

25-Feb-2020 00:30:36

Abby Taylor
Nov Member 2019

Abby Taylor

Posts: 1,694Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
Abby Taylor said:
Skull-inky said:
Typical SJW response, name calling and insults.

Move along to have an actual mature debate, there isn't one to be had here.


I'm not calling anybody names. If you're not a bigot then it doesn't apply to you.

You're calling me an SJW because I'm against racism and homophobia. So does that mean you are FOR racism and homophobia?


Yes im a bisexual man and im homophobic. Just listen to yourself my god.


it's a sad argument you're making. Every racist has a black friend when they get called racist.
and every homophobe is gay when they get called homophobic.

Fun fact: Gay people can be homophobic.
There are gay people who hate themselves, and there are gay people who don't support gay rights.

In the same vein there were women who didn't support women's suffrage in America. and Slaves who fought for the south in the American civil war.
Contradictions occur, it means nothing.

I didn't even call you homophobic, I asked you if you were and you freaked out.
"So does that mean you are FOR racism and homophobia?"

I'm not going to question whether you are actually a "bisexual Romany Gypsy" because it's honestly irrelevant.
It's a coin flip, because you can say anything online, and your personal life details aren't actually an argument.

25-Feb-2020 00:44:00

Skull-inky
May Member 2017

Skull-inky

Posts: 3,926Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Im just being open and honest, ive nothing to hide.

Your right unfortunately there are some people who hate themselves because of their sexual orientation, that's down to many things, family pressure, religion, expectations. and It's truly sad in this day and age, it's horrid that some people based on their religious beliefs have disgusting opinions against people who don't agree with their beliefs, countries still have law against being LGBT.

Im natural about LGBT being represented in-games, ive no opinion on it.

What im completely against is a gaming company trying to get woke, I play games for fun, not to have politics thrown down my throat.
I'm Sorry my Romany gypsy heritage offends you.

25-Feb-2020 00:56:10

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 23,888Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex should stop kowtowing to hypersensitive crybabies and focus on making good content.


¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘
‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’
°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

25-Feb-2020 01:05:10

Smurfyski
Nov Member 2017

Smurfyski

Posts: 1,030Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cyanid said:
Jagex should stop kowtowing to hypersensitive crybabies and focus on making good content.


¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘
‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’
°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°


Or any content, so long as it actually has an impact on gameplay.

25-Feb-2020 01:40:57

Abby Taylor
Nov Member 2019

Abby Taylor

Posts: 1,694Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
Im just being open and honest, ive nothing to hide.

Your right unfortunately there are some people who hate themselves because of their sexual orientation, that's down to many things, family pressure, religion, expectations. and It's truly sad in this day and age, it's horrid that some people based on their religious beliefs have disgusting opinions against people who don't agree with their beliefs, countries still have law against being LGBT.

Im natural about LGBT being represented in-games, ive no opinion on it.

What im completely against is a gaming company trying to get woke, I play games for fun, not to have politics thrown down my throat.


"we are making our game less racist"

that's not politics, it's common decency. don't confuse the two.

I don't believe you at all when you say you don't want politics shoved down your throat, you seem like somebody who thinks about this stuff all the time, and it fires you up.

besides wanting to avoid politics is meaningless because politics is involved in every aspect of your life, it's silly to disagree.
The water that comes out of your sink and shower has to be purified according to standards set forth by your government.
When you drive a car, you have to follow traffic laws set for by your government.
The food you eat has to be approved by a government administration, to assure people aren't being fed toxic chemicals.
Your job, Your food, Your hobby's at some point you are going to encounter an element that has a regulation or a political debate, this is not something you can escape if you want to live in a civilized society.

How do you feel about gay characters in games then? When you see a gay character is your first thought, "wow this is pandering"
What about when you see a straight couple in media, and you see a guy with a wife, do you think it's pandering to straight people? of course you don't.
So why are other groups held to a higher standard?

25-Feb-2020 01:55:30

Quick find code: 15-16-372-66144672Back to Top