In my opinion RS has a real problem on delivering relevant information of items (and to a lesser extent abilities). While veteran players know what their items do (or just will look in a wiki), newer players don't know about this. A good game should be able to deliver all relevant information by itself!
Equipment in general should show it's quest and skill requirements (stop displaying them the moment players fulfill them), passive effects, set bonuses and degradation behaviour (degrade-to-broken/dust) in the tooltip. Items with extensive amounts of passive effects ((Attuned) Crystal, Task Armour, Slayer Helm) should rather have a right-click check option (similar to pontifex ring variants). See also Chapter 4 for this.
Allow to see activated perks on capes and augmented equipment when inspecting other players.
Sets not displaying set bonuses:
- Combat: (Attuned) Crystal, PvP Hybrid, Castle wars, Ghost hunter, Penance
- Skilling/Other: Citharede robes, Trahaearn exoskeleton
- Unconfirmed: Fist of Guthix robes
Weapons should show in addition their
- EoC only: Ability damage (min to max)
- Legacy only: Attack damage (min to max)
- Legacy only: Attack speed as a numerical value (e.g. fastest as 2.4), maybe rename it to attack delay
- Special attack with a short description, if available
Armour additionally needs to give information about damage reduction (split by PvP and PvM)
Rename remaining 'All'-class armour to 'Hybrid' (as it is nowadays absolutely identical) Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention
02-Sep-2015 08:15:47 - Last edited on 01-May-2022 21:00:32 by Rikornak