Forums

Make RS3 completely F2P

Quick find code: 185-186-64-66096293

of 40
JoaoNoFind

JoaoNoFind

Posts: 2,636Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Stella Gazer said:
This would add more bots in this game.


Yes, yes it would.

Need proof, look at osrs f2p.

Its full of bots.


SOLUTION: Add a bot detection system. Jamflex wants us to think that there already is one, but CLEARLY there isn't.
I made a video game, check it out!
https://discord.gg/KswK8wa https://onelastlight.weebly.***/ http://onelastlight***************/ https://onelastlight-onelastlightwiki.pbworks.***/w/page/134447487/FrontPage

25-Apr-2019 20:57:29

The contents of this message have been hidden

25-Apr-2019 22:06:27

Miu

Miu

Posts: 16,018Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jaekob Caed said:
Plus, the entire point of microtransactions in RS3 was meant to be twofold: 1) To avoid future membership price increases (which Jagex went back on, sadly) and 2) To help fund higher-quality content. Remove the core of the game's income (yes, membership is still their primary source of income) and this game will go under.


Considering both of these "points" haven't happened I think you just gave the greatest reason why RS3 should go f2p.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

25-Apr-2019 23:02:23

Pvm Nubz
Aug Member 2019

Pvm Nubz

Posts: 5,630Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Instead of F2P (since that will probably never happen) possibly just reduce the membership cost in general. That or provide free membership promos consistently that last a couple of months especially around major game updates/content release maybe? Adding a month of membs to already subscribed accounts during that time. Could allow for more players and some updates to that dead content making it relative to the end-game again would be the only way I imagine it will ever be revived. As with any grindy game... purpose and efficiency toward those end-game goals are what keeps any content lively for extended periods of time.
Boss
all day and
Dung
all night! Get that
MAX
cape in between!

26-Apr-2019 02:47:11 - Last edited on 26-Apr-2019 02:48:39 by Pvm Nubz

Jaekob Caed
Apr Member 2011

Jaekob Caed

Posts: 6,758Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said:
Jaekob Caed said:
Plus, the entire point of microtransactions in RS3 was meant to be twofold: 1) To avoid future membership price increases (which Jagex went back on, sadly) and 2) To help fund higher-quality content. Remove the core of the game's income (yes, membership is still their primary source of income) and this game will go under.


Considering both of these "points" haven't happened I think you just gave the greatest reason why RS3 should go f2p.


No, I didn't. The content is significantly higher in quality and production value than the content prior to Squeal of Fortune and the future MTX. As for the membership cost increase, that really ticked me off because we were already told we wouldn't have to pay more because MTX were covering the costs and giving Jagex enough profit to grow.

Pvm Nubz said:
Instead of F2P (since that will probably never happen) possibly just reduce the membership cost in general. That or provide free membership promos consistently that last a couple of months especially around major game updates/content release maybe? Adding a month of membs to already subscribed accounts during that time. Could allow for more players and some updates to that dead content making it relative to the end-game again would be the only way I imagine it will ever be revived. As with any grindy game... purpose and efficiency toward those end-game goals are what keeps any content lively for extended periods of time.


I am 100% on board with this. There was absolutely no reason to hike the price up to $10/month. I understand they can't go back to the $5/month (sadly) but $7/month was pretty reasonable. All things considered, $10/month is reasonable as well if you look at other sub-based MMOs, but still. They had zero reason to increase the cost, just a bunch of excuses.
~ Jacob, Prince of the Kingdom of Heaven ~
Join us at Rising Eminence, one of the most pleasant social clans in RS!

AN IDEA TO RESURRECT RS3 PVP

26-Apr-2019 07:30:27

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 65,716Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jaekob Caed said:


I am 100% on board with this. There was absolutely no reason to hike the price up to $10/month. I understand they can't go back to the $5/month (sadly) but $7/month was pretty reasonable. All things considered, $10/month is reasonable as well if you look at other sub-based MMOs, but still. They had zero reason to increase the cost, just a bunch of excuses.


I understand that some ppl don't like it, but I don't see why they must explain everything they do?
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
8th year VIP 2013-2020

Support

26-Apr-2019 11:15:26

Quick find code: 185-186-64-66096293Back to Top