Forums

Book of Runes (Lore Item)

Quick find code: 185-186-794-66123063

Aizen565

Aizen565

Posts: 1,737Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay so I am currently writing a Runescape novel and in the story there is an artifact called The Book of Runes, whoever possesses this book can use all the magicks in Gielinor without the need for runes.

The book has a purple cover with a red trim bind around it and the four basic runes embedded in the center in a circular fashion.

Now this wouldn't be an item you could use in combat, but more like a lore book you find in the game which you can add to you POH Bookshelf and read, or just as a decorative item instead.

30-Sep-2019 07:14:36

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 4,752Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aizen565 said:
Okay so I am currently writing a Runescape novel


Don't you need to have permission of Jagex to able to make money from it?

Also, in-game or not, an all-runes-at-infinite-stock-book sounds massively OP.
Creator of the quarterly M.U.P.A.Q. and I.B.A.T.A.W.A.T. Awards™ and writer of the
Gloopy Bible
. Nominate posts for Bwian's Gloopy Awards© here and help decide the next winner!
I am Gloop!

30-Sep-2019 20:20:01

Aizen565

Aizen565

Posts: 1,737Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kings Abbot said:
Aizen565 said:
Okay so I am currently writing a Runescape novel


Don't you need to have permission of Jagex to able to make money from it?

Also, in-game or not, an all-runes-at-infinite-stock-book sounds massively OP.


I'm not writing this for money lol. It's a fanstory. Not a story I'm gonna sell.

Yeah it would be OP. That's why it's considered.to be a very powerful, if not, the most powerful artifact in the story.

Also like I mentioned, you wouldn't be able to use it for combat or anything like that because it is OP. It's more of a lore item.

01-Oct-2019 21:23:48

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 4,752Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aizen565 said:
Kings Abbot said:
Aizen565 said:
Okay so I am currently writing a Runescape novel


Don't you need to have permission of Jagex to able to make money from it?

Also, in-game or not, an all-runes-at-infinite-stock-book sounds massively OP.


I'm not writing this for money lol. It's a fanstory. Not a story I'm gonna sell.

Yeah it would be OP. That's why it's considered.to be a very powerful, if not, the most powerful artifact in the story.

Also like I mentioned, you wouldn't be able to use it for combat or anything like that because it is OP. It's more of a lore item.


In that case, write away!

I don't think Jagex will add the item to the game though. Not giving the item the abilities because they're OP is also a bit dull...
Creator of the quarterly M.U.P.A.Q. and I.B.A.T.A.W.A.T. Awards™ and writer of the
Gloopy Bible
. Nominate posts for Bwian's Gloopy Awards© here and help decide the next winner!
I am Gloop!

01-Oct-2019 21:46:11

Aizen565

Aizen565

Posts: 1,737Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kings Abbot said:
Aizen565 said:
Kings Abbot said:
Aizen565 said:
Okay so I am currently writing a Runescape novel


Don't you need to have permission of Jagex to able to make money from it?

Also, in-game or not, an all-runes-at-infinite-stock-book sounds massively OP.


I'm not writing this for money lol. It's a fanstory. Not a story I'm gonna sell.

Yeah it would be OP. That's why it's considered.to be a very powerful, if not, the most powerful artifact in the story.

Also like I mentioned, you wouldn't be able to use it for combat or anything like that because it is OP. It's more of a lore item.


In that case, write away!

I don't think Jagex will add the item to the game though. Not giving the item the abilities because they're OP is also a bit dull...


Yeah I agree.

I'm writing this story in hopes of it being made into a TV show and maybe the first ever Runescape console game.

01-Oct-2019 23:04:02

Quick find code: 185-186-794-66123063Back to Top