Forums

Why did Jagex hire Botters?

Quick find code: 317-318-844-66115760

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,743Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex definitely did not hire anybody to create THIRD PARTY CLIENTS, otherwise they would not be called THIRD PARTY clients. And don't forget the quote was from an ancient reddit post with references to the ancient time when MMG was the CEO.

OSRS just turn a blind eye on these 3rd party clients, although once last year they said they have initialized some legal actions against them but nothing happened obviously.

Why are they turning a blind eye? I think blame the community that is too afraid to see their "playberbase" dropping to like 20k rather :D

12-Aug-2019 19:50:55

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,743Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
irl pker dib said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Jagex definitely did not hire anybody to create THIRD PARTY CLIENTS, otherwise they would not be called THIRD PARTY clients. And don't forget the quote was from an ancient reddit post with references to the ancient time when MMG was the CEO.

OSRS just turn a blind eye on these 3rd party clients, although once last year they said they have initialized some legal actions against them but nothing happened obviously.

Why are they turning a blind eye? I think blame the community that is too afraid to see their "playberbase" dropping to like 20k rather :D


RSBuddy and Jagex swapped employees. If you're gonna tall about something, make sure you're educated on the matter next time. :)


They did not swap employees. MMG hired Mod Jacmob, who was rumored to be one of the owners of RSbuddy. But Jacmod wasn't hired to create any "third party clients". Jacmob left shortly after MMG left Jagex though.

12-Aug-2019 20:10:31

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,743Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
irl pker dib said:
Dilbert2001 said:
irl pker dib said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Jagex definitely did not hire anybody to create THIRD PARTY CLIENTS, otherwise they would not be called THIRD PARTY clients. And don't forget the quote was from an ancient reddit post with references to the ancient time when MMG was the CEO.

OSRS just turn a blind eye on these 3rd party clients, although once last year they said they have initialized some legal actions against them but nothing happened obviously.

Why are they turning a blind eye? I think blame the community that is too afraid to see their "playberbase" dropping to like 20k rather :D


RSBuddy and Jagex swapped employees. If you're gonna tall about something, make sure you're educated on the matter next time. :)


They did not swap employees. MMG hired Mod Jacmob, who was rumored to be one of the owners of RSbuddy. But Jacmod wasn't hired to create any "third party clients". Jacmob left shortly after MMG left Jagex though.


Jacmob was one of the owners of RSBuddy. They hired bot owners.


Told you already. They hired Jacmob to work on security and bot detection, not to create any "third party clients" as OP claimed. RSBuddy existed well before Jacmob joined Jagex.

12-Aug-2019 20:19:44

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,743Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ot-poH said:
Dilbert2001 said:
irl pker dib said:
Dilbert2001 said:
irl pker dib said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Jagex definitely did not hire anybody to create THIRD PARTY CLIENTS, otherwise they would not be called THIRD PARTY clients. And don't forget the quote was from an ancient reddit post with references to the ancient time when MMG was the CEO.

OSRS just turn a blind eye on these 3rd party clients, although once last year they said they have initialized some legal actions against them but nothing happened obviously.

Why are they turning a blind eye? I think blame the community that is too afraid to see their "playberbase" dropping to like 20k rather :D


RSBuddy and Jagex swapped employees. If you're gonna tall about something, make sure you're educated on the matter next time. :)


They did not swap employees. MMG hired Mod Jacmob, who was rumored to be one of the owners of RSbuddy. But Jacmod wasn't hired to create any "third party clients". Jacmob left shortly after MMG left Jagex though.


Jacmob was one of the owners of RSBuddy. They hired bot owners.


Told you already. They hired Jacmob to work on security and bot detection, not to create any "third party clients" as OP claimed. RSBuddy existed well before Jacmob joined Jagex.


Doesn't matter what they hired him for. He was still a botter, but I guess your response does answer the OP's question.


I don't think Jagex has any rule against hiring "botters", especially when they hired one to develop anti-botting programs. The hiring was not only appropriate but also happened many many years ago.

And more importantly, the 3rd party software OP mentioned existed well before the Jacmob hiring.

12-Aug-2019 21:37:56

Quick find code: 317-318-844-66115760Back to Top