Forums

Allow Pures to Reset

Quick find code: 322-323-928-66125822

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 12,006Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1m for the first reset. You get an interface that looks like the lamp xp interface, you choose which skill you want reset and you get asked to confirm and if you want the skill(s) are reset.

After this interface is closed, you must buy another reset. Pures get a total of 3 resets. The second reset costs 10m. Same reset interface.

The third and final reset costs 25m. If the pure hasn't learned their lesson not to watch their attack style, then unfortunate for them. Pures don't need to be terrified of bugs if they can reset themselves.

18-Oct-2019 22:24:40

DraftDogeDib
Oct Member 2019

DraftDogeDib

Posts: 909Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support. This is actually such a good idea. Please go apply to work at Jagex. They're looking for devs. Draft dodger btw. Too scared to attack an enemy that tried to harm my loved ones so "I only learned to defend". Typical boomer born right after the era where my parents suffered the solitude of WWII, deprivation of the Great Depression while I never had to suffer jack or risk a thing. :)

18-Oct-2019 22:28:47

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 15,126Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jeremy Cheng said:
1m for the first reset. You get an interface that looks like the lamp xp interface, you choose which skill you want reset and you get asked to confirm and if you want the skill(s) are reset.

After this interface is closed, you must buy another reset. Pures get a total of 3 resets. The second reset costs 10m. Same reset interface.

The third and final reset costs 25m. If the pure hasn't learned their lesson not to watch their attack style, then unfortunate for them. Pures don't need to be terrified of bugs if they can reset themselves.


Are you talking about resetting ALL skills to 1? Or are you talking about pures choosing what skills to reset to whatever levels they want? And are you suggesting they should be able to reset multiple skills for that one time payment or just one skill?

Some clarification might change my mind but atm, no support.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

19-Oct-2019 19:32:49

T A L E S
Jan Member 2018

T A L E S

Posts: 3,315Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hola Tales (Tah-les) here,

When i was 12 I tried to join a pure clan but they refused to let me join because my def was too high.

No support, let them rot or start over if they have an accidente!
Foreign and egnorant

19-Oct-2019 20:09:10

DraftDogeDib
Oct Member 2019

DraftDogeDib

Posts: 909Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Angel2dibdib4

It should revert only one skill to one tbh.
Draft dodger btw. Too scared to attack an enemy that tried to harm my loved ones so "I only learned to defend". Typical boomer born right after the era where my parents suffered the solitude of WWII, deprivation of the Great Depression while I never had to suffer jack or risk a thing. :)

19-Oct-2019 20:35:32

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 12,006Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Angel2D4 said:
Jeremy Cheng said:
1m for the first reset. You get an interface that looks like the lamp xp interface, you choose which skill you want reset and you get asked to confirm and if you want the skill(s) are reset.

After this interface is closed, you must buy another reset. Pures get a total of 3 resets. The second reset costs 10m. Same reset interface.

The third and final reset costs 25m. If the pure hasn't learned their lesson not to watch their attack style, then unfortunate for them. Pures don't need to be terrified of bugs if they can reset themselves.


Are you talking about resetting ALL skills to 1? Or are you talking about pures choosing what skills to reset to whatever levels they want? And are you suggesting they should be able to reset multiple skills for that one time payment or just one skill?

Some clarification might change my mind but atm, no support.

One combat skill

19-Oct-2019 21:56:46 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2019 21:58:45 by Jeremy Cheng

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 15,126Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jeremy Cheng said:
Angel2D4 said:
Jeremy Cheng said:
1m for the first reset. You get an interface that looks like the lamp xp interface, you choose which skill you want reset and you get asked to confirm and if you want the skill(s) are reset.

After this interface is closed, you must buy another reset. Pures get a total of 3 resets. The second reset costs 10m. Same reset interface.

The third and final reset costs 25m. If the pure hasn't learned their lesson not to watch their attack style, then unfortunate for them. Pures don't need to be terrified of bugs if they can reset themselves.


Are you talking about resetting ALL skills to 1? Or are you talking about pures choosing what skills to reset to whatever levels they want? And are you suggesting they should be able to reset multiple skills for that one time payment or just one skill?

Some clarification might change my mind but atm, no support.

One combat skill


I note that you didn't clarify if it would be a reset to level 1 or a reset to whatever level they want.

It sounds like a pretty cheap way to avoid Daero and as such, I can't support it. Unless resetting def would also reset all quests that give def xp. =)
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

19-Oct-2019 22:18:10

333333333

333333333

Posts: 27,697Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skills aren't designed to get reversed! But 50m for -10 lvls in one skill will probably make more affected players to buy Bonds so Jagex can milk more money! My goals and achievements on F2P accounts! ---> Thread! <---

20-Oct-2019 00:13:33

TheDrunkDude
Sep Member 2019

TheDrunkDude

Posts: 7Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't really see the need for this idea. If a pure accidentally gains a few levels in the wrong area, you have to start over, or convert it into a main! Just like we have done for many years. I see a way of people abusing this feature, particularly by purposely dropping their combat level to do a dangerous task, so that pkers cannot get to them. (Thinking HCIM/Ironman for this.)

20-Oct-2019 12:19:14

Quick find code: 322-323-928-66125822Back to Top