Forums

How Powerful Is Tumeken?

Quick find code: 341-342-28-65906982

of 5
Hguoh
Mar Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,442Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gwyndolynn said:
Here is a theory

I think Tumeken had the Staff of Armadyl through part of the god wars. Because after Zamorak took down Zaros with it, it disappeared from history.


According to Zemouregal's memory, the following occurred immediately after Zamorak was taken to Infernus:

Moments later, those fools Armadyl and Saradomin appeared, witnessed the carnage, claimed the fallen staff and stone, and vanished again.

03-May-2017 04:34:41

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said:
Gwyndolynn said:
Here is a theory

I think Tumeken had the Staff of Armadyl through part of the god wars. Because after Zamorak took down Zaros with it, it disappeared from history.


According to Zemouregal's memory, the following occurred immediately after Zamorak was taken to Infernus:

Moments later, those fools Armadyl and Saradomin appeared, witnessed the carnage, claimed the fallen staff and stone, and vanished again.
also mr tumnus was mia at that point
Carn

03-May-2017 05:05:50

Barnabix
Dec Member 2012

Barnabix

Posts: 844Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said:
Wait, Guthix empowered Death? i sort of though death was just... the first person to die on any world, and then he met guthix (or was guthix-y before he died) and joined the guardians... or... was the first guardian, I mean


Harold was the first to die, and gain the title of Death; but sometime either before or after the Third Age (End of the First when Guthix slept would have had to be the latest) Guthix gave Harold increased powers (Like his other Guardians) to do his task easier. Also not really sure who as the first Guardian as we know that both Death and Fiara were active during the Second age at least (as well as Cres eventually).

Also on topic; I always assumed Tumeken was tier 3. I mean, it makes the most sense; creating all his "children" as well as his accidental spread of the desert on his sacrifice.
Balance in all things

03-May-2017 07:39:29

Miseryoflife
Aug Member 2006

Miseryoflife

Posts: 214Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Any god can create avatars and aspects (just the strength can very). Any god can also give part of their divine energy to another being. I.E. you can ascend to Godhood by killing a God or a God can make you a God but they weaken themselves in the process. What it means to be tier 2 is to be able to manipulate the anima within a mortal and change it to something else or enhance it in some way. With the use of divine energy either you make a temporary enhancement to a mortal or have to push the mortal into some form of Godhood. With a tier 2 god they can make permanent changes to mortals and have the mortals not ascend into Godhood. Note divine enchantments can last an extremely long period of time (longer than the mortal may live) but they are still innately temporary.

That is my explanation for it at least.
Balance within one's self
and
balance within the world
balance must be maintained.

03-May-2017 18:35:54

Gamez X
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Gamez X

Posts: 885Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
One thing is clear, he is FAR more powerful than people think he is atm and way above his t5 status on the wiki. Evidence for this, lets look at what he did in his time. He nuked an entire region permanently changing its environment as a show of his power. This action mirrors exactly what zammy did to the wilderness except zammy needed the stone of jas to do that, tumeken did this all by himself

Secondly lets look at how he created a total of 6 minor gods. Until now the only ways to become a god we know of are by absorbing power from the stone of jas or using another artifact to kill another god and absorb their power, tumeken apparently found 6 random creatures and just gave them power. Even after sharing out his power he still had enough to do the damage he did. This is clearly a very impressive feat that none of the other gods in the game has shown any sign of being able to do. Then lets think about how 2 of these gods he created where tasked to govern over the afterlife and reincarnations for ALL mortals in the universe. Only one who came close to this feat was guthix when he made death and he was arguably more powerful than seren and zaros

Thirdly lets look at jagex's usual pattern. Before the world wakes guthix was just some middle ground name people didnt take too seriously. Afterwards he's the most powerful being ever on the planet. Before prif nobody knew who seren or zaros where, few had even heard of them. Now they're the 2nd most divine beings in the universe under the elders themselves. Now we're looking at tumeken entering the stage in just the same way

Looking at everything i think its safe to say when they do introduce him its gonna be something big

03-May-2017 19:37:25

Raleirosen
Jun Member 2019

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gamez X said:
Thirdly lets look at jagex's usual pattern. Before the world wakes guthix was just some middle ground name people didnt take too seriously. Afterwards he's the most powerful being ever on the planet. Before prif nobody knew who seren or zaros where, few had even heard of them.
You're joking, right?
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

03-May-2017 21:13:34

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gamez X said:
Thirdly lets look at jagex's usual pattern. Before the world wakes guthix was just some middle ground name people didnt take too seriously. Afterwards he's the most powerful being ever on the planet. Before prif nobody knew who seren or zaros where, few had even heard of them.
Prif was 2015. Zaros had been referenced since 2003 and had been heavily hyped up after that, and quite the number of people knew long ago that Guthix and Seren were the closest thing gods could be to a couple, save for Tumeken and Elidinis. I don't think "nobody ever heard of Seren or Zaros before Prif" is quite the phrase here; they had a massively long history that spanned over a decade before Prif.

As for Guthix, yes, he was a middle ground name, and people didn't take it seriously because the gods hadn't returned yet and politics didn't come to the fore until they did. But since it's been mentioned that Guthix banished the other gods according to GWD lore (this is from 2007), I would say it's long been established that he was among the most powerful beings in the history of the planet. We just never got any backstories on any of the gods until The World Wakes, which was 2013.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

03-May-2017 21:28:00

Hguoh
Mar Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,442Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gamez X said:
One thing is clear, he is FAR more powerful than people think he is atm and way above his t5 status on the wiki. Evidence for this, lets look at what he did in his time. He nuked an entire region permanently changing its environment as a show of his power. This action mirrors exactly what zammy did to the wilderness except zammy needed the stone of jas to do that, tumeken did this all by himself


There's two very noticeable differences between what Zammy and Tumeken did:

1. Zamorak's explosion altered/cut off the land's connection to the Anima Mundi, Tumeken's just appears to have altered the climate but not the anima.
2. Zammy's explosion left a giant freaking crater at it's epicenter by the sheer force of the blast, Tumeken's just did surface damage.

The magnitude of Tumeken's explosion just doesn't compare with Zamorak's.

03-May-2017 21:38:29

Hguoh
Mar Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,442Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gamez X said:
Secondly lets look at how he created a total of 6 minor gods. Until now the only ways to become a god we know of are by absorbing power from the stone of jas or using another artifact to kill another god and absorb their power, tumeken apparently found 6 random creatures and just gave them power. Even after sharing out his power he still had enough to do the damage he did. This is clearly a very impressive feat that none of the other gods in the game has shown any sign of being able to do. Then lets think about how 2 of these gods he created where tasked to govern over the afterlife and reincarnations for ALL mortals in the universe. Only one who came close to this feat was guthix when he made death and he was arguably more powerful than seren and zaros


3. Bandos made an Avatar of his own (t7) and didn't actually drop a tier until it was defeated. So no, using the Stone of Jas or killing a god are not the only ways to ascend and creating another god is not exclusive to Tumeken.

4. No known god has ever ascended purely from using the SoJ. Zamorak had to kill Zaros before he ascended, Saradomin and Guthix were already gods when they used the stone, none of the Kethsians are known to have ascended despite their extensive use of the stone, we didn't ascend despite our use of the stone, Lucien and Sliske maybe barely ascended from their use of the stone and siphon, and even V purportedly had to kill a god to actually ascend.

5. Amascut and Icthlarin run the affairs of the afterlife for GIELINOR not the whole universe.

6. Guthix hated gods (including himself). That probably played a large role in why he didn't make his guardians gods as opposed to it being outside of his capabilities.

03-May-2017 21:43:53

Hguoh
Mar Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,442Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gamez X said:
Thirdly lets look at jagex's usual pattern. Before the world wakes guthix was just some middle ground name people didnt take too seriously. Afterwards he's the most powerful being ever on the planet. Before prif nobody knew who seren or zaros where, few had even heard of them. Now they're the 2nd most divine beings in the universe under the elders themselves. Now we're looking at tumeken entering the stage in just the same way


You're kidding, right? Prior to The World Wakes, Guthix was:

1. the god who banished the other gods after the God Wars.
2. the god who would destroy the world if the forces of the gods ever did battle again (now retconned).
3. one of the three big name gods.
4. the god who brought humanity (among other races) to Gielinor.
5. the god whose very tears made the land weep with him.
6. the god who first found and freaking shaped the world of Gielinor (now partially retconned).
7. the god who made runestones and thus gave humanity access to magic.

03-May-2017 21:53:54 - Last edited on 03-May-2017 22:09:31 by Hguoh

Quick find code: 341-342-28-65906982Back to Top