Forums

How Powerful Is Tumeken?

Quick find code: 341-342-28-65906982

of 5
Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ That and Zaros had an empire which spanned a continent and beyond, which had been established in The Temple At Senntisten (2009), and it's been shown that Seren had a connection to the Anima Mundi (the gnomes actually calling her the divine aspect of the Anima Mundi, which although retconned does hold slightly true due to her being confirmed the divine aspect of light energy as of Fate of the Gods, which was in 2014). Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

03-May-2017 21:59:40

Gwyndolynn
Aug Member 2017

Gwyndolynn

Posts: 1,315Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said:
Gwyndolynn said:
Here is a theory

I think Tumeken had the Staff of Armadyl through part of the god wars. Because after Zamorak took down Zaros with it, it disappeared from history.


According to Zemouregal's memory, the following occurred immediately after Zamorak was taken to Infernus:

Moments later, those fools Armadyl and Saradomin appeared, witnessed the carnage, claimed the fallen staff and stone, and vanished again.


True. But that doesn't account for the many years that followed. Because Armadyl eventually left Gielinor to grieve the Avianses and we have no record of Saradomin ever using it (as far as I know). Further, why was it left behind when the gods were banished? There is still some history unaccounted for.
REIGN OF JUDGES:
Title of Liberty

Minigame Autopsy V3
Wilderness Autopsy V1

03-May-2017 22:43:56

Hguoh
Mar Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,442Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gwyndolynn said:
Hguoh said:
Gwyndolynn said:
Here is a theory

I think Tumeken had the Staff of Armadyl through part of the god wars. Because after Zamorak took down Zaros with it, it disappeared from history.


According to Zemouregal's memory, the following occurred immediately after Zamorak was taken to Infernus:

Moments later, those fools Armadyl and Saradomin appeared, witnessed the carnage, claimed the fallen staff and stone, and vanished again.


True. But that doesn't account for the many years that followed. Because Armadyl eventually left Gielinor to grieve the Avianses and we have no record of Saradomin ever using it (as far as I know). Further, why was it left behind when the gods were banished? There is still some history unaccounted for.


Armadyl left to grieve for the Aviansie after Zamorak blew them up, and Zamorak blew them up at the end of the God Wars (with Guthix banishing them all shortly thereafter). This would place the staff in Armadyl's hands throughout the god wars, and then in the Temple of Ikov from then until Lucien 'liberated' it.

As for why it was left behind, who knows. Perhaps Armadyl felt that it would be safer to keep it away from other gods (even if it meant he couldn't use it). Perhaps Armadyl intended to off himself (only to change his mind upon revisiting Abbinah and finding the Aviansie there), and wanted to secure the siphon in his absence. Perhaps Armadyl just didn't have it on him when Guthix banished him (it evidently wasn't on him when it was stolen and eventually got to Zamorak), and the Guardians took it upon themselves to keep it safe.

However you paint it, the staff has not been unaccounted for during any point of history after Armadyl arrived on Gielinor.

03-May-2017 23:11:53 - Last edited on 03-May-2017 23:13:11 by Hguoh

Gwyndolynn
Aug Member 2017

Gwyndolynn

Posts: 1,315Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said:
Gamez X said:
One thing is clear, he is FAR more powerful than people think he is atm and way above his t5 status on the wiki. Evidence for this, lets look at what he did in his time. He nuked an entire region permanently changing its environment as a show of his power. This action mirrors exactly what zammy did to the wilderness except zammy needed the stone of jas to do that, tumeken did this all by himself


There's two very noticeable differences between what Zammy and Tumeken did:

1. Zamorak's explosion altered/cut off the land's connection to the Anima Mundi, Tumeken's just appears to have altered the climate but not the anima.
2. Zammy's explosion left a giant freaking crater at it's epicenter by the sheer force of the blast, Tumeken's just did surface damage.

The magnitude of Tumeken's explosion just doesn't compare with Zamorak's.


Actually I believe Tumeken's explosion was more powerful. It effected a whole continent! Killed almost all life! There very well could've been a crater but that would be covered in sand now.

Also, the Anima Mundi was effected because they were draining it lol. Also, it was like a shaft connecting the Anima to the surface -kinda like a volcano so it made no 'real' impact on the Anima or vorago probz woulda showed. Is it possible that tumekin used the Anima for the explosion and that is why little grows? It used to be a forest. Like Isfadar? All that Anima waste?
REIGN OF JUDGES:
Title of Liberty

Minigame Autopsy V3
Wilderness Autopsy V1

03-May-2017 23:14:01

Gwyndolynn
Aug Member 2017

Gwyndolynn

Posts: 1,315Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said:
Gwyndolynn said:
Hguoh said:
Gwyndolynn said:
Here is a theory

I think Tumeken had the Staff of Armadyl through part of the god wars. Because after Zamorak took down Zaros with it, it disappeared from history.


According to Zemouregal's memory, the following occurred immediately after Zamorak was taken to Infernus:

Moments later, those fools Armadyl and Saradomin appeared, witnessed the carnage, claimed the fallen staff and stone, and vanished again.


True. But that doesn't account for the many years that followed. Because Armadyl eventually left Gielinor to grieve the Avianses and we have no record of Saradomin ever using it (as far as I know). Further, why was it left behind when the gods were banished? There is still some history unaccounted for.


Armadyl left to grieve for the Aviansie after Zamorak blew them up, and Zamorak blew them up at the end of the God Wars (with Guthix banishing them all shortly thereafter). This would place the staff in Armadyl's hands throughout the god wars, and then in the Temple of Ikov from then until Lucien 'liberated' it.

As for why it was left behind, who knows. Perhaps Armadyl felt that it would be safer to keep it away from other gods (even if it meant he couldn't use it). Perhaps Armadyl intended to off himself (only to change his mind upon revisiting Abbinah and finding the Aviansie there), and wanted to secure the siphon in his absence. Perhaps Armadyl just didn't have it on him when Guthix banished him (it evidently wasn't on him when it was stolen and eventually got to Zamorak), and the Guardians took it upon themselves to keep it safe.

However you paint it, the staff has not been unaccounted for during any point of history after Armadyl arrived on Gielinor.


You're right.
REIGN OF JUDGES:
Title of Liberty

Minigame Autopsy V3
Wilderness Autopsy V1

03-May-2017 23:15:23

Hguoh
Mar Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,442Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gwyndolynn said:
Actually I believe Tumeken's explosion was more powerful. It effected a whole continent! Killed almost all life! There very well could've been a crater but that would be covered in sand now.

Also, the Anima Mundi was effected because they were draining it lol. Also, it was like a shaft connecting the Anima to the surface -kinda like a volcano so it made no 'real' impact on the Anima or vorago probz woulda showed. Is it possible that tumekin used the Anima for the explosion and that is why little grows? It used to be a forest. Like Isfadar? All that Anima waste?


1. *facepalm* Forinthry is a continent. And the explosion was large and powerful enough to not only sever the continent's connection to the Anima, but also wipe out all life known to be in the area with the exception of the gods.

2. There was never a crater. Kharshai's memory:

Then he raised his arms to the sky, and the light from his body grew brighter until nothing could be seen, and then his body exploded into fire and I passed out.

When I awakened, the battlefield was a smoking, smouldering mess. Heaps of ash lay all over the battlefield.

Notice anything? No mention of a crater. I find it very hard to believe that a gigantic crater would be something a memory would just skim over.

3. What evidence do you have for somebody draining the Anima in the WIlderness explosion. As far as I am aware, the explosion resulted from Zamorak trying blow up himself and the other gods by using the Stone of Jas while it was in an unstable state (source: Dishonor Among Theives flashback).

03-May-2017 23:30:06

Hguoh
Mar Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,442Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
4. Saying it made no real impact on the anima or Vorago would have showed up makes no sense. Xenia dumped a chunk of Gielinor's anima into the Abyss, and he didn't show. Armadyl burned up a chunk of the anima with his super weapon, and Vorago didn't show.

But you wanna know how we know Zammy's explosion had an impact on the Anima? Because Guthix explicitly responded due to the damage to the Anima. Funnily enough, Guthix didn't respond to Tumeken's explosion, which indicates that it either did far less or no damage to the Anima.

5. In the Wilderness, nothing grows outside of a couple spots. The desert has cacti, kalphites, trees, goats, camels, etc... Life flourishes there, it's just life that is suited for the desert.

03-May-2017 23:32:35 - Last edited on 03-May-2017 23:41:13 by Hguoh

AesirWarrior

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,054Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
(Ok so I made a pretty long post earlier, but because the forums are so annoying posting it logged me out and everything was gone... yay)

I'm pretty sure they confirmed Tumeken was Tier 5 before he blew up, so unless there's been a retcon I doubt he's much more powerful than that. Destroying on a continental scale might be considered a T3 ability, but it's important to remember the context here. Tumeken managed that level of destruction at the cost of his own life (well, almost). He probably used all he had in that blast, and he paid the price for it. A T3 like Saradomin on the other hand could most likely perform a similar feat without "dying", or even geting knocked out. There's a difference between being able to do something like that under normal circumstances, and doing it in a desperate last-ditch attempt to save your people.

Tumeken's explosion is a T5 outlier, it's likely near the ceiling of what gods at that tier are capable of. For a T3 it's a far more "casual" feat. At least casual enough to be listed among their abilities. One shudders to thinks the damage a god like Saradomin could do if he sacrificed himself in a similar manner. Think of them like a bunch of cars. Saradomin's a race car, Tumeken's an... erm, family car. Tumeken struggles to reach the speed Saradomin can sit quite comfortably at.

I'd also like to point out that the memory only ever said he destroyed half a continent, but even then it's since been changed and it's now referred to as simply a peninsula.

As for creating his children, I think there's a difference between the T2 "manipulation of life" ability and just giving some of your power to another creature. The former seems like some complex DNA manipulation, while the latter is something presumably every god can do to create an avatar
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

04-May-2017 23:54:25

Gwyndolynn
Aug Member 2017

Gwyndolynn

Posts: 1,315Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said:
Gwyndolynn said:
Actually I believe Tumeken's explosion was more powerful. It effected a whole continent! Killed almost all life! There very well could've been a crater but that would be covered in sand now.

Also, the Anima Mundi was effected because they were draining it lol. Also, it was like a shaft connecting the Anima to the surface -kinda like a volcano so it made no 'real' impact on the Anima or vorago probz woulda showed. Is it possible that tumekin used the Anima for the explosion and that is why little grows? It used to be a forest. Like Isfadar? All that Anima waste?


1. *facepalm* Forinthry is a continent. And the explosion was large and powerful enough to not only sever the continent's connection to the Anima, but also wipe out all life known to be in the area with the exception of the gods.

2. There was never a crater. Kharshai's memory:

Then he raised his arms to the sky, and the light from his body grew brighter until nothing could be seen, and then his body exploded into fire and I passed out.

When I awakened, the battlefield was a smoking, smouldering mess. Heaps of ash lay all over the battlefield.

Notice anything? No mention of a crater. I find it very hard to believe that a gigantic crater would be something a memory would just skim over.

3. What evidence do you have for somebody draining the Anima in the WIlderness explosion. As far as I am aware, the explosion resulted from Zamorak trying blow up himself and the other gods by using the Stone of Jas while it was in an unstable state (source: Dishonor Among Theives flashback).


So I just now realized you weren't talking about the lumbridge crater lol. Which makes my defense make no sense. So yeah definitely the crater in Forinthry was much more powerful than Tumeken's! Maybe now you can understand my incredulity lol
REIGN OF JUDGES:
Title of Liberty

Minigame Autopsy V3
Wilderness Autopsy V1

06-May-2017 15:26:01

Quick find code: 341-342-28-65906982Back to Top