Forums

Player Report System.

Quick find code: 74-75-710-66173676

of 2
MegaáDuck
Nov Member 2013

MegaáDuck

Posts: 2,842Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After reporting a player, it would be nice to have the option to add an additional message to the report. It will allow us to give a detailed explanation of incidents of complex scenarios to help Jagex understand what the problem is.

I know it's possible to quickly type a message in things like friends chat after the report / send an email to tipoff@jagex.com, but a lot of players don't know about this. I also think it would make the report system look better as a complete unit.
Nex: Angel of Death - Massive
Click here

04-Aug-2020 23:25:47

MegaáDuck
Nov Member 2013

MegaáDuck

Posts: 2,842Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said:
considering its mostly automated i dont think it will do much

I can understand Botting/Offensive language being automated, but things like scamming, breaking real world laws, real life threats etc. usually need more input.
Not sure if exploiting a bug opens the bug interface or not, but obviously that would need more input for obvious reasons.
Nex: Angel of Death - Massive
Click here

05-Aug-2020 15:22:54

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 12,962Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MegaáDuck said:
Tenebri said:
considering its mostly automated i dont think it will do much

I can understand Botting/Offensive language being automated, but things like scamming, breaking real world laws, real life threats etc. usually need more input.
Not sure if exploiting a bug opens the bug interface or not, but obviously that would need more input for obvious reasons.


Not needed as Jagex has all the information recorded and if they need more information they will contact you through your inbox.

There are far less ways to scam now than in the early 2010's as most player run games of chance and autospammers are not allowed. When Jagex didn't need more player inputs to process a scam report back then when they let the loopholes open, they don't need them now.

Breaking real world laws is always being watched over seriously anyway. I am sure Jagex can easily pick up phishing sites, fake DXP Weekends adverts etc without any additional information.

05-Aug-2020 16:40:21

Conformed
Feb Member 2020

Conformed

Posts: 1,897Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I support this for rule breaking behavior(s) that would need a further explanation. It couldn't hurt to add a sentence or two explaining why you went out of your way to report the player.

I've seen other games use a similar feature and I want to believe that it helps expedite the reporting process.

In the end, I don't see this being hard to implement, nor very labor intensive for the player or Jagex. All in all good suggestion and you have my support on this.
-- Con
for
med --

05-Aug-2020 18:31:39

MegaáDuck
Nov Member 2013

MegaáDuck

Posts: 2,842Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:

Not needed as Jagex has all the information recorded and if they need more information they will contact you through your inbox.


I'm fairly sure Jagex doesn't have an all seeing eye, for example, when there are more players in on trying to lure someone, certain individuals will get away with it because they haven't said anything reportable. This could be noted in the comment box. Jagex doesn't inbox players players for things like this.

Dilbert2001 said:
There are far less ways to scam now than in the early 2010's..

I stopped reading here because that comment is just pure ignorant. There are far more complex ways to scam now, also taking advantage of flaws ingame, which imo definitely should be made aware of.

I will not reply further, because as a frequent forumer, i have noticed all you do in threads is disagree with everything. Gl! :)
Nex: Angel of Death - Massive
Click here

06-Aug-2020 13:33:41 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2020 13:36:21 by MegaáDuck

MegaáDuck
Nov Member 2013

MegaáDuck

Posts: 2,842Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Conformed said:
I support this for rule breaking behavior(s) that would need a further explanation. It couldn't hurt to add a sentence or two explaining why you went out of your way to report the player.

I've seen other games use a similar feature and I want to believe that it helps expedite the reporting process.

In the end, I don't see this being hard to implement, nor very labor intensive for the player or Jagex. All in all good suggestion and you have my support on this.


Thanks for the support! :)

HC Whatusay said:
As a former activist in trying to get the report systems updated, i can say with absolute certainty, Jagex will absolutely never do anything for it.

Good luck trying.


Well, no harm in trying! ;)
Nex: Angel of Death - Massive
Click here

06-Aug-2020 13:37:02

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 12,962Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MegaáDuck said:
Dilbert2001 said:

Not needed as Jagex has all the information recorded and if they need more information they will contact you through your inbox.


I'm fairly sure Jagex doesn't have an all seeing eye, for example, when there are more players in on trying to lure someone, certain individuals will get away with it because they haven't said anything reportable. This could be noted in the comment box. Jagex doesn't inbox players players for things like this.

Dilbert2001 said:
There are far less ways to scam now than in the early 2010's..

I stopped reading here because that comment is just pure ignorant. There are far more complex ways to scam now, also taking advantage of flaws ingame, which imo definitely should be made aware of.

I will not reply further, because as a frequent forumer, i have noticed all you do in threads is disagree with everything. Gl! :)


The fact is Jagex doesn't rely on your "seeing eyes" for reporting. They have said things like screen shots won't be considered or look at for processing a report. It won't matter what you tell them because they have their own judgement based on their own records.

I stopped reading your second paragraph because it is purely ignorant. "Flaws" in games are either no "flaws" or they are just bugs. If they are bugs, file a bug report. In recent years, Jagex has designated sites to handle specific scam and real world issues like phishing and tipoff@jagex.com too.

06-Aug-2020 19:34:01

Adarajin
Jan Member 2005

Adarajin

Posts: 12,867Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex can only action evidence that their automated systems provide to them, not hearsay that a player might add. If you feel that you have greater information on a situation that would cause Jagex to look at more than they initially would have based upon your report, then you can send in an email to tipoff@jagex.com.

Jagex has to read every bit of information that is presented to them, whether they are able to act on it or not - adding in the ability for players to add in additional 'fluff' information will only slow them down, as it will be heavily 'abused' (although usually not with malicious intent) with unnecessary content to read.

Again, if it is actually important enough to need to file additional information with Jagex (such as a bit of info asking them to link multiple reports over an extended period of time to see a behavior trend) then sending an email is easy enough, but if it's not needed, most players won't bother.
Things may be looking down now, but I see a light at the end of the tunnel;
Do you think I should get off the tracks?

07-Aug-2020 01:51:10

Quick find code: 74-75-710-66173676Back to Top