Do you hear the call to battle? Do you want to prove your PKing prowess? Then you’re in the right place! As per Mod Pips' message to the community, we’re pleased to announce the Old School RuneScape 1v1 Tournament!
WHAT IS IT?
512 skilled fighters from around the world will battle through regional qualifiers to stake their claim for supremacy, but only one will walk away as the Champion of Gielinor in the Grand Final!
WHEN IS IT?
The Old School RuneScape 1v1 Tournament is a three-day event taking place between Friday April 17th - Sunday April 19th. With four qualifying tournaments in Europe, North America East, North America West, and APAC, there’s plenty of opportunities to fight your way to victory.
- The APAC qualifier will begin at 18:30 AEST (09:30 BST) on Friday April 17th
- The European qualifiers will begin at 19:30 BST on Friday April 17th
- The North America East qualifiers will begin at 12:00 ET (17:00 BST) on Saturday April 18th
- The North America West qualifiers will begin at 12:00 PT (20:00 BST) on Saturday April 18th
- The Grand Final will begin at 20:00 BST on Sunday April 19th
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Each qualifier will have 128 participants (512 participants worldwide). Each region will have their own bracket, and each bracket will run a single elimination, best-of-three mechanic.
Brackets will be built using Challonge.com which will assign matches at random.
Players will sign-up and, once their account has been checked, will:
- Receive an email (sent from OSRSEsports@Jagex.com) and an inbox message to confirm participation.
- Be invited to a Discord server for discussion and match-reporting purposes.
Participants will report their scores in the Discord server, and J-Mods will update the brackets accordingly.
The tournament will take place on no-save game worlds with access only allowed to Clan Wars, like the ones we've used for betas.
Only the account used to sign-up will able to play on these games worlds.
Every participant will have the same stats, will all be using Ancient Magicks, and will have a choice of two gear load-outs (the only difference is the special attack weapon).
CLICK HERE FOR A HANDY GUIDE OF HOW IT'LL WORK ONCE YOU'RE A CONFIRMED PARTICIPANT.
Step 1 - Login to the world and interact with the benches by the Clan Wars portal. You can choose which gear you'd like to use, but you cannot change your stats.
Step 2 - Choose whether you want your special attack weapon to be an Armadyl Godsword or Dragon Claws. The rune pouch contains runes for Ice Barrage, and there are plenty of them.
Step 3 - Join your own account's Clan Chat. This is necessary because each fight occurs in the Clan Wars portal.
Step 4 - Challenge your next opponent opponent in the bracket.
Step 5 - Fight your opponent and report the score in the Discord server.
Step 6 - If you win, proceed in the bracket to face your next opponent. If you lose, watch the rest of the action on Twitch!
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
- Participants agree to everything outlined in our T&Cs
- Sign-ups will occur on a first-come-first-served basis. In the event that sign-ups become full, you will be added to a wait-list. Due to the limited number of slots, you will only be able to sign up with one account.
- Participants will be notified of their confirmed acceptance into the competition no later than 24 hours before the tournament.
- Any player found to have signed up to a qualifier outside of their region will be automatically disqualified from the tournament.
- Any players found to have signed up with multiple accounts will see both their main account and alternate account disqualified from the competition and banned from competitive play for the remainder of 2020.
- If for some reason circumstances change and you can no longer participate, please notify the tournament organisers at OSRSEsports@Jagex.com as soon as possible.
- All matches will take place within the Clan Wars arena. In between matches, players will have access to chests to change their gear or to re-supply. You may not alter any rules of the competition (excluding map choice) when setting up your matches.
- All matches will take place on the following no-save worlds: APAC - world 412; EU - world 408; NA East - world 400; NA West - world 409.
- Victors will move up in the bracket and face the winner of the adjacent bracket.
- The final eight from each region will qualify for the Grand Final. The same rules and regulations will apply to the Grand Final as in the regional qualifiers.
- During the Grand Final, rounds one and two will be played on participants preferred worlds. The deciding round three (should it be necessary) will be played on the NA East world, as it is deemed the most neutral.
- Leaving the tournament for any reason for longer than 15 minutes will result in automatic disqualification in which your opponent will receive a bye.
- ailure to report accurate outcomes from your matches will result in a six-month suspension from all competitive play.
- Jagex will intervene using game data in the event of any dispute when reporting the outcome of matches.
- Jagex will be conducting anti-cheating checks to ensure validity of results. If any player has been found to have cheated, they will be disqualified from the tournament, their Old School RuneScape account will be banned, and affiliated accounts will be banned from competitive play indefinitely. You will not be given the chance to appeal this decision, so play safe and play fair!
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
In Mod Pips' message to the community we stated that we were planning to raise over £100k for our charity partners. We're delighted to announce that £6k of that will be shared by our charity partners for prizes in this tournament.
In addition to to this, we'll also be awarding the following:
- 1st Place: $1,000 USD and a HyperX Ultimate Gaming Bundle
- 2nd Place: $500 USD
- 3rd Place: $250 USD
- 4th Place: 1 Year Old School Membership
- 5th – 16th Place: 6 Months of Old School Membership
- 17th – 32nd Place: 3 Months of Old School Membership
We'd like to thank our friends at HyperX for supporting the tournament by supplying the Ultimate Gaming Bundle.
HOW CAN I WATCH THE EVENT?
We're thrilled to reveal that we're going to be working with some great content creators in the regional qualifiers!
- Purpp will be hosting the APAC qualifier on Friday April 17th
- Ayiza will be hosting the European qualifier on Friday April 17th
- Faux will be hosting the North America West qualifier on Saturday April 18th
- Abyss will be hosting the North America East qualifier on Saturday April 18th
- And you can join us for coverage of the Grand Final over at OldSchoolRS on Twitch on Sunday April 19th
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?
Firstly, make sure you're familiar with the rules and how the tournament works!
The below sign-ups will close at 23:59 BST on Tuesday April 14th.
The Old School and the Esports Teams