Three-hundred-MILLION accounts have been made for RuneScape to date and we're still a little stunned honestly. It's an amazing number and one worth celebrating - so we're throwing a party in RuneScape all month at the G.E!
And, as the cherry on top of this new party full of goodies, Double XP: LIVE kicks off this Friday too! Read on all for all the info.
300 Million Accounts!
A Huge Thank You
It's actually unbelievable to be marking the creation of over 300M Accounts for RuneScape.
With the counter now correctly showing that at the time of writing over 320M accounts exists (for those interested in the specifics, we're working on getting the exact number to accurately show!), we just wanted to say a big thank you to every single person who has taken the time to enter the world of Gielinor. RuneScape exists and endures because it's more than a game - it's a world, a place, a community.
This is a moment to celebrate all of you who bring this world to life and mark yet another milestone for the history books. While not every account represents a unique player, each one represents someone's time, effort and interest in spending time in this world. That's pretty darn awesome and we'll never forget it.
Now, as you'd expect, we've known this big milestone was coming this year for a while now - so we've been preparing a few things to mark the occasion.
Firstly, we're throwing a Party Event throughout August in RuneScape that launches TODAY! More on that below.
However, we've got something else in the works too. We've been working on this for many months now since we first thought about how we could really celebrate hitting 300M players, and while we're not quite ready to talk about it today, we're almost at that point. Stay tuned for more news next week. It's gonna be fun.
Event: 300M Account Party
Party Pete has plenty of goodies
To celebrate 300M Players, we're throwing a special event party with a whole host of exclusive event cosmetics to collect! Unfortunately, Party Pete was the one asked to put the party together and went a little TOO big by trying to run a Gielinor-wide drop party. He horribly miscalculated and all the balloons ended up popped - leaving fragments all over. We're gonna have some work to do.
The Grand Exchange is party central for this event! Head to the partied-up G.E to find Party Pete, this event's host, and claim your free 300M Keepsake Glasses!
Saving The Party
Party Pete now needs your help to clean up all those Balloon Fragments from his failed drop party plans.
Find balloon fragments simply by playing the game - as you earn XP, you'll earn balloon fragments. You'll also get balloon fragments with every Treasure Hunter key used too. For every 200 Fragments you return to him, he'll give you a special balloon filled with rewards ranging from exclusive event cosmetics to GP and more!
Depending on the balloon color depends on the rarity of rewards you can find beginning with White, then Blue, then Purple and then finally the best of them all - the Gold Balloons. Gold Balloons feature a guaranteed token for one of the Platinum Armour cosmetic sets, or a whopping 300M GP!
You can also claim a free bonus balloon every day from Party Pete. Easy extra opportunities to find those treasured Gold Balloons!
Collectibles & Rewards
Party Pete whipped up a selection of new goodies to put into the the balloons. Here's what you can find that's brand new to this event:
- Platinum Pernix, Torva and Virtus Cosmetic Armour*
- Found as a Tradeable Token
- The Token unlocks a Platinum Cosmetic Override of the full armour set
- Chance to find in all balloons - significantly higher chance in Gold balloons
- Party T-Shirts*
- Found as a Tradeable Token
- 3 cosmetic overrides to find featuring RS Icons: King Black Dragon, Wise Old Man and Gnome
- Chance to find in Purple Balloons
- One of the Many & Party Title Scrolls*
- Found as a Tradeable Title Scroll
- Chance to find in Blue Balloons
Party Pete has also packed the balloons full of other goodies including some past cosmetics! Here's what else you can find across a variety of different balloons:
- 25K - 5m GP (or 300M as a potential Gold Balloon prize!)**
- Boogie Bow (last seen at the 200M Celebrations!)
- Disco, Cool Disco and Super Disco Outfit pieces
- Conga Dance Token*
- Party Fever Token*
- XP Lamps**
- Bonus XP Stars**
- Silverhawk Down**
- Tight Springs**
- Party Food
You've got plenty of time to collect the rewards as you play as these festivities will be running until September 4th!
*Ironman Players also have access to buy these cosmetics on the Grand Exchange
**Not available for Ironman Players
Event: Double XP LIVE
Get 48 Hours of 2XP from Friday
While you're Skilling for your Balloon Fragments, you'll can also revel in some DXP from this Friday until Monday August 22nd!
For those who don't know, Double XP LIVE is a 10 day event where you have 48 Hours of Double XP to use at your leisure. You can even pause the timer if you need to do activities where you don't want to lose precious Double XP time. If you won't be using all your time, every day you can also trade 1 hour of Double XP time for credits to use with Nic The Trader.
Need to know more? Get all the details here.
Time To Train Returns!
Treasure Hunter Calendar
Here's a look at what's happening in Treasure Hunter this week!
Time To Train: August 11th - 17th
Stock-up on supplies for your Double XP skilling with plenty of chances to find Proteans, Portables, Dummies and more! Don't forget about the Combat Dummy improvements that we've made to make them more useful and efficient to use! Find out more here.
Mysteria: August 9th - 10th
Mysteria constantly rotates various versions of Treasure Hunter over the course of two days! Find the super-charged XP bonuses of Prismania through to iconic Loot Duels with beefy multipliers.
Double Dragon Chests: Now - August 9th
Double Dragon Chests award various multipliers to your Treasure Hunter findings, with up to 5x if you find a God Chest.
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Wednesday August 10th | 16:00 Game Time | 300M Party & Wilderness Reborn
Join the team as we talk about two recent updates – the 300M Party & The Wildy Reborn!
See you on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Based on your feedback we have made the following changes to the Abyss:
- The Abyss can now be entered without the requirement of being opted-in to PVP. The 250% Runecrafting XP bonus still applies for opted-out players who Runecraft via the Abyss
- The Forinthry bracelet no longer consumes charges when entering the Abyss while equipped. The examine has been updated to reflect this change.
- Players who do opt-in for PVP and use the Demonic Skull receive the 350% XP bonus
- Fixed an issue with the Wilderness Slayer Chests being destroyed on death. They now work as follows:
- If you are inside the Wilderness with PvP enabled, the chest will be destroyed.
- If you inside the Wilderness with PvP disabled, the chest will be protected
- If you outside the Wilderness with PvP disabled, the chest will be protected
- If you outside the Wilderness with PvP enabled, the chest will be protected
- Additional sound effects have been added for the following
- Wilderness Volcano shortcuts
- Wilderness Volcano random event (projectile)
- Wilderness Ambushes (spawn sound)
- Super antifire potions can now be traded and bought/sold on the Grand Exchange.
- Picking up coins outside of the Wilderness - no matter your pvp state - will now see them go directly into the coin pouch, rather than your inventory.
- Fixed a small section of tiles that did not count as being "Wilderness"
- Updated two of the Onyx dragons in the wilderness dungeon to Dragonstone dragons
- For their own safety, the Ghostly piper has moved away from their old spot to a new spot nearby. One that is a bit less dragon contested
- Fixed an issue where creatures spawned in via Wilderness Threat could appear at higher mapping levels, making it look like they are floating.
- Wilderness dark beasts now drop loot matching other dark beasts
- Killing Soulgazers whilst on a 'Soulgazers (Wilderness)' task will now decrease your slayer count.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to attack Abyssal Demons inside Kuradel's Dungeon if they were on an 'Abyssal Demons (Wilderness)' slayer task.
- Dummies can no longer be placed down whilst inside the Wilderness.
- The reward chest outside of the Dragonkin Laboratory has been re-mapped down on the surface world.
- Moved a piece of the environment that was blocking access to the Sword of Edicts Engram
- May's quest teleport now takes you to the bottom of the Falador throne room stairs, instead of the version of the throne room not used for Daughter of Chaos
- Made changes to the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos rare drop table to incentivize pushing higher enrages:
- Rare chance now increases further with boss enrage
- Bow chance now increases with boss enrage
- During Phase 7 of the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos encounter, the chaos demon(s) that spawn into Infernus could be used to negate the damage done by the attack itself. This should no longer occur.
- Completing a Zamorak, Lord of Chaos kill at 2000% enrage now unlocks the 'Chaos Witch Master' outfit, rather than the 'Chaos Witch Adept' outfit
- Fixed an issue with the Resonance and Reflect abilities when engaging in PvP whilst having the Bow of the Last Guardian equipped
- The following boss encounters were missing a broadcast for completing their respective boss collection logs. This now been fixed!
- Zamorak, Lord of Chaos
In the coming months, RuneScape will no longer support Windows 32-bit builds or graphics cards that do not support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. This change allows us to focus our technical development and testing resources on more commonly-used platforms.
For more information, and to check if your system meets these requirements, head here.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Patrick K & Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Monday August 8th, 19:00 Gametime
- World: 123
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
Nex - Angel Of Death
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Friday August 12th, 20:00 Gametime
- World: 88
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Boss Guild
Nex - Angel Of Death
- Hosted by: Spotleewolf & Nexaodmass
- Date/Time: Friday August 12th, 23:00 Gametime
- World: 92
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Nexaodmass
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy
Shining a little light onto community events and activities.
RuneScape Art Community Art Fight
The RuneScape Art Community continues to battle it out in a vicious gang war of drawings, comics, fan fiction, music, sculpting and a whole host of other mediums as after a whole month there has been a total of 526 pieces created!
Here is what the scores currently stand at!
If you are not familiar with the Art fight premise here are the rules, to summarize, 2 teams of talented artists are creating artworks of the opposing team (of their own allies in some instances) in order to gain points based on a variety of factors with the team with the most points winning!
We have gathered up a few of these recent attacks to showcase just some of the wonderful work that is on show!
First up! Ravon of the Black Arm Gang attacking Geena using Sliske to a devastating effect!
Black Arm Member Suizzy with a beautiful portrait of ChunksOfPlum and some Guthixinian butterflies.
DrTigrexPHD of the Phoenix Gang attacking Elej with a astounding full sculpture of their in game character.
And last but definitely not least Willoway of the Phoenix gang with this fantastic group shot of various members of the teams in a High School Anime style to strike back at Nikki, for a little more context, Nikki has been creating some amazing art of the teams as if the members all went to the same school and the whole Art War was just rival school gangs and it is hilarious and wholesome. This piece is littered with in-jokes of the community and it is a fantastic amalgamation of the Art fight as a whole.
Finally a special shout out to Siroquois for their contributions to the event, they have personally created 37 Art pieces hitting each and every member of the rival gang in a variety of formats from solitary drawings, to comic strips, parodies, and even a 22-page (11 sheets) long graphic novel they have been an absolute Art Fight Professional and deserve a thunderous round of applause!