Treasure Hunter's home to some exclusive, rare items, and it's high time for a refresh.
First up, we've introduced a new Rare Item Store – the currency for which (rare tokens) are available on Treasure Hunter from 00:00 UTC on 13th March onwards. Access the store by clicking on your tokens.
It's from here that you'll have the last chance to get some of Treasure Hunter's old rare items, which will be gone once their limited stock runs out.
The store also contains new rares – a limited number of which are available at a special early bird price.
Finally, you can win new rares on Treasure Hunter itself – as well as lucky chaotic weapons.
Read on for more information!
Old Rares – Last Chance
The following rares are available - in limited numbers - on the Rare Item Store only. Get them while you can!
- Closed helmet
- Dominion Tower maul
- Headsplitter hat
- Auspicious Katana
- Legendary horns
- Skullbuster hat
- Slayer Tower shortbow
- Wizards' Tower staff
We're rolling out a new batch of rares too, which are up for grabs on Treasure Hunter and the Rare Item Store from this weekend on:
- Gold cane: strut your stuff with this two-handed cosmetic weapon – which modifies your walk animation when wielded.
- Flaming head: get hot under the collar with this head-slot item, which wreathes your face with flame.
- Sunglasses: stylish eyewear with recolourable lenses. Clear, dark, mirror shades and many more – 7 colours in total.
- Leprechaun hat: as worn by everyone's favourite farming assistants.
- Silver hawk: a glove-and-bird combo – equipped as a two-handed cosmetic weapon – that comes with a modified walk animation.
- Imcando pistols: indulge your flintlock fantasies with these dual beauties. Effectively crossbows, they fire bolts – but boast a flashy firing effect. They're usable from level 1, but can re-statted across several tiers up to 70.
- Imcando axes: dual melee weapons from the legendary Imcando smiths. Stats can be switched from 1 up to 70.
- Imcando rod and focus: eldritch artefacts with cool casting animations. Stats can be altered from 1 up to 70.
A limited number of the new rares will be available at a special early bird price - be sure to grab them soon!
Finally, we've expanded the list of available lucky items. These all require 80 in their relevant combat stat, as well as 80 Dungeoneering:
- Lucky chaotic rapier
- Lucky off-hand chaotic rapier
- Lucky chaotic longsword
- Lucky off-hand chaotic longsword
- Lucky chaotic claw
- Lucky off-hand chaotic claw
- Lucky chaotic maul
- Lucky chaotic spear
- Lucky chaotic staff
- Lucky chaotic crossbow
- Lucky off-hand chaotic crossbow
- Lucky chaotic kiteshield
- Lucky eagle-eye kiteshield
- Lucky farseer kiteshield
Note that you will no longer receive a lucky item that you already own – although you can receive an item again if you lose or destroy it.
We hope you enjoy this bumper update to some of the most distinct items in the game. Let us know your thoughts over on the forums!
The RuneScape Team
What is Treasure Hunter?
Playing Treasure Hunter is simple – click the treasure chest icon that pops up when you log in. If you've not played before, just follow the on-screen guide.
If you’d like more, you can also buy Keys on the website, or by clicking 'Buy Keys' within the Treasure Hunter interface in-game.