This week in RuneScape, the Ninjas are back with a Combat Strike!
Combat Ninja Strike
Solo Solak, Dag King Pet Reworks and More!
The Ninjas have cooked up an epic Combat Strike for us this month!
First up - a game changer for Ironman players. Ironman players will no longer be restricted from grouping up with normal accounts for bossing. We're super excited to better support Ironman bossing with these changes, and you can find out the changes to the restrictions in the Patch Notes.
Secondly, you can now fight Solak – traditionally a group boss – solo! We can’t wait to see more people engaging with this beloved boss.
The long (long… long…) awaited Dagannoth King pet rework has also finally landed, and they’re looking better than ever! You know what they say, good things come to those who wait. Seriously, thank you for waiting.
Lastly, the Zamorak boss loot table has been rebalanced based on your feedback. For all the deets, and all the rest of this week’s changes, check out the Patch Notes!
Fresh Start Worlds
New: Trade Bonds for Membership Passcodes!
Fresh Start Worlds are right around the corner, and we can’t wait! It’s so exciting to launch such a special experience for returning players and newbies alike. We’d like to thank everyone for their feedback, which helped make this event the best it can be.
Fresh Start Worlds will officially launch at 12:00 Game Time on Monday, September 26th.
You can feel free to set up your secondary account now if you’re planning to take part, but don’t log into the game until after launch, or you won’t be able to participate! We also recommend not activating your Membership until release day to avoid wasting any of your subscription time.
And there’s some more good news for existing players: today, we’re launching the ability to convert your hard-earned Bonds into Membership Vouchers that can be used on your new Fresh Start Worlds account!
Here’s how to use your Bonds for Membership:
- Redeem a Bond from your standard game account to get a FSW Membership Passcode.
- Check your Message Centre on your standard game account to get the message that has your FSW Membership Passcode.
- First, MAKE SURE you are logged in to your Fresh Start Worlds account before redeeming your FSW Membership Passcode.
- If you do not have a FSW account, create a brand-new account here.
- On or after September 26th at 10:00 Game Time, after your new account is created, you can activate your Membership in one of two ways:
PLEASE NOTE: The Membership Passcode provides you with 14 days of Membership. To continue playing in Fresh Start Worlds using Bonds, just repeat the steps above.Note: Fresh Start Worlds only permits accounts that have never played RuneScape into FSW Worlds. Please do not play RuneScape on your intended FSW account prior to FSW launching.
What We're Working On
We’ve been a little quiet since we (almost!) reached the end of our announced Roadmap this year.
Later today, we’ll be dropping a new update about where we’re at, what’s coming up, and a few of the big things we’re working on for the future.
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Thursday September 22nd | 16:00 Game Time | Fresh Start World Theory Crafting!
Fresh Start Worlds is on the horizon! Join the team as we speculate on our first week in FSW - and share our thoughts on your plans.
See you on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Removed combat restrictions for Ironman accounts interacting with normal ones:
- Iron accounts can now enter boss instances alongside regular accounts.
- Iron accounts will now be awarded drops in the same manner as normal accounts, including via Lootshare.
- Removed grouping and matchmaking restrictions between account types for bosses.
- Iron accounts are no longer required to use instances for bosses where an uninstanced version is available.
- In line with the above, we have also removed the Iron discount for instances.
- Solak will now scale down to solo play using the same values per player as other group sizes.
- Base lifepoints: 2,000,000
- Core lifepoints: 125,000
- Arm lifepoints: 45,000
- Leg lifepoints: 35,000
- If players damage Solak to his phase cap during Phase 2, further damage will now continue to deplete Solak’s purple bar instead of scaling down.
- Removed the clearing of buffs and debuffs for the player who climbs up Solak’s arm.
- Fixed a double-space typo in Solak’s chat attack callouts.
- Retimed the projectiles to be consistent with the recent Raksha and Zamorak bosses.
Thank you to all the Solak Discords we consulted on this one!
- Bad luck mitigation can now only be accumulated if you are doing kills at 100% enrage or higher.
- Your bad luck mitigation modifier now increases at different speeds depending on your enrage% of the kill
- 100% - 1
- 500% - 2
- 1000% - 4
- 2000% - 8
- The drop chance of a rare item used to be caped at a 1 in 20 chance with bad luck mitigation, if you are doing a higher enraged kill this cap is lowered further to 1 in 10 at 1000% and 1 in 5 at 2000%
- This is to fill in the gap between achieving the 500% enrage base title and the 2,000%'s silver title.
- All future enrage bosses will release with Base, Bronze, Silver and Gold titles to reflect this change
- The Dagannoth King pets have been visually updated to better reflect the bosses they come from.
- NPC health bars should now more reliably disappear when the NPC dies.
- Fixed an issue where daily challenges were not being progressed in some scenarios when using make-x
- Fixed an issue that stopped rewards from the daily challenge ladder from being claimed in the Daemonheim lobby area
- Fixed an issue where Arch-Glacor's Silver/Gold Iceborn titles wouldn't broadcast when earnt.
- All default gameplay settings have been updated for new players to offer an improved experience
- The money pouch tooltip has been reinstated.
- Added missing blocking to walls in the tower south of Lumbridge Castle and the Champions’ Guild.
Bronze Boss Titles
Each of the 'Enrage' system bosses now has new 'Bronze' titles, achieved at kills of 1,000% enrage.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Mega Duck Hunt
- Hosted by: Steve20058 & Mega Duck
- Date/Time: Wednesday September 21st, 19:00 Gametime
- World: 39
- Location: Falador Park
- FC: Mega Duck
Nex - Angel of Death
- Hosted by: Spotleewolf & Nexaodmass
- Date/Time: Friday September 23rd, 23:00 Gametime
- World: 92
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Nexaodmass
- Hosted by: Lady Spyra, Avatar Korra, and Fast SC
- Date/Time: Saturday 24th September, 19:00 Gametime
- World: 99
- Location: Stealing Creation Lobby
- FC: Fast Sc
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!