We asked – you responded – we came back and asked for more feedback, please – now it's finally here: your first community-voted cosmetic Override! Read on to find out how to grab your shiny new Dragon Scimitar, plus all the latest Prime Gaming goodies.
Marketplace: Dragon Scimitar Retro Override
The first community-voted release!
Earlier this year we asked you to suggest retro-themed Overrides that you'd want to see as future cosmetics in RuneScape.
We got an amazing response to the initial call, and over the past few months you've been guiding the development process, from voting to feedback.
Now our first release is finally here – it's the Dragon Scimitar!
We've listened carefully to your input, and the Scimitar comes with two variants – one that has a more retro feel, and a remastered version which gives you that vintage spirit but with more modern graphical features.
The full pack, available today, includes:
- Replica Dragon Scimitar
- Replica Dragon Off-Hand Scimitar
- Dragonwing Scimitar
- Dragonwing Off-Hand Scimitar
Pick it up in the Marketplace for 180 RuneCoins (200 for Free to Play)!
Prime Gaming Drop
Membership, Deathtouched Dart and more
As we announced last week, the latest Prime Gaming rewards are coming this Tuesday!
This drop gives you 7 days of Membership and a bountiful Prime Package, containing:
- 1 Deathtouched Dart
- 5 Prismatic Lamps
- 2 Aura Refreshes
- 5 Pulse Cores
- 1 monthly D&D reset
Prime Members, grab your goodies from September 13th. Find out more at https://RS.Game/PrimeGaming
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Brawling Gloves had no charge when received from the Wilderness Slayer Chest – this has been fixed.
- The Spirit Realm portal located at the Castle Ruins in the Deep Wilderness is now visible
- In the Player-owned Slayer Dungeon interface, Greater Demon and Hellhound models have been given their vitamins and are now back to their animated selves!
- Updated the model and animations for the Smoulders miniboss in the Dragonkin Laboratory.
- Boss health bars now use the correct thousand separator in localized game versions.
- Reduced the amount of fog across the Wilderness to improve visibility.
- Devotion now works as intended against Abyssal Lords.
- Fixed an issue where the 'Bait and Switch' Relic power would activate on a catch that can't be cooked.
- Fixed Wilderness ash texture so it matches the ash around it.
- Telekinetic Grab will now correctly pick up Clue Scrolls.
- The Blacksmith UI has been updated so players can more easily see the creation requirements.
- Resources in Big Game Hunter will now appear on the map as rare resources.
- The Bullsmith mask chat head now shows correctly, in all its beefy goodness!
- The One of a Kind instance prompt in Brimhaven Dugeon will now stay up until interacted with, or until you leave the room. The prompt will pop up once player is fully in the room.
- XP-boosting skilling outfit effects will no longer work with replacement items if the original item isn't owned.
- Fixed an issue which caused information about Spirit Cape to be displayed each time it was purchased.
- Shelves in the Rimmington General Store will no longer refer to the Citharede Abbey.
- Fixed an issue where the moustache could clip through the Warrior of Het helmet.
- Fixed stretching issues with the Warrior Of Het outfit on male characters.
- Re-added the trapdoor leading to the Thieves' Guild in Lumbridge.
- Re-mapped the trapdoor at the Lumbridge Watermill.
- Added blocking to various walls at the Edgeville Ruins.
- Removed the flying donut on the east side of Lumbridge Crater.
- Fixed grammatical mistakes during the chat with Mandrith in Burthorpe
In the coming months, RuneScape will no longer support Windows 32-bit builds or graphics cards that do not support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. This change allows us to focus our technical development and testing resources on more commonly-used platforms.
For more information, and to check if your system meets these requirements, head here.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Skill 'n' Chill
- Hosted by: MadClikr & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Monday September 12th, 23:00 Gametime
- World: 85
- Location: Burthorpe Bank
- FC: Lil Tuzzies
- Hosted by: M E R C Y & Dung Titan
- Date/Time: Saturday September 17th, 13:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: Rex Matriarch Lobby
- FC: Dung Titan
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Sunday September 18th, 20:00 Game Time
- World: 88
- Location: Glacor Front
- FC: Boss Guild
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!