This week we’re bringing you a weapons beta and a free comic book - plus, the chance to have your say in our Spring Survey!
NOTE: it's a Bank Holiday in the UK next Monday, so the next edition of TWIR will arrive on Tuesday 9th. See you then!
FSOA & AD Beta
The Beta Bus is coming May 4th
Last month we opened up the conversation around some upcoming changes to the Fractured Staff of Armadyl and Animate Dead. A common theme in your feedback was that it would be hard to know how impactful these changes would be without trying them out. Well, guess what… Yep, we’ve been given the greenlight to launch a beta for the upcoming FSOA and AD changes! Dive in, give ‘em a whirl and let us know what you think.
The beta will be going live on Thursday May 4th and will be available until May 16th. Here’s how to access it:
- Jagex Launcher
- Head to the taskbar and close any running instances of the Jagex launcher.
- Click this link.
- The link will load the Jagex launcher then start loading the beta, logging you in automatically.
- Non Jagex Launcher
- Click this link, then log in as normal.
On first login, your live save is imported into the beta. You can re-import your save into the beta once per hour.
Q: I want to test Animate Dead and Fractured Staff of Armadyl - do I need to have them already?
A: Yes. Accessing the beta will transfer over a copy of your save, so you’ll need to own these items already. You will not be provided with a FSOA or have AD unlocked upon login to the beta.
Q: How do I give feedback?
A: You will be able to respond to some in-game polls in the beta, and we will be coordinating an official thread on Reddit too!
What's on the horizon?
We always want to be transparent about the development process here at RuneScape. We also love sharing our plans for the future, so you know how much you have to look forward to!
We’ve just posted a blog outlining some of the upcoming and ongoing projects, so check it out for info on Necromancy, Fort Forinthry and more!
RuneScape Spring Survey
Make your voice heard!
Now Spring is underway and the Fort Forinthry Season is in full bloom, it’s time to reflect - and we’re looking for your feedback on the game! Follow the (LINK) and share your thoughts on all things RuneScape.
This survey will be available from today (May 2nd) for a limited time only, so be sure to get your responses in early!
We’re also giving away £20 shopping vouchers to 20 participants who complete the survey in full. Vouchers can be spent at a selection of participating online retailers. The winners will be randomly selected from all participants and announced in an upcoming edition of This Week in RuneScape. Good luck!
Free Comic Book Day
Get your free comic on May 6th!
It's Free Comic Book Day (FCBD) on May 6th - just in time to get your hands on the new RuneScape comic, totally free from participating shops!
Check out our article here for more details and find your participating local comic store with here.
Upcoming Livestreams this week!
Tuesday May 2nd | 16:00 Game Time | First Look at "Untold Tales of the GodWars" and Skill & Chill with Mod Doom + Mod Spear
Tune in to get a first look at the upcoming "Untoled Tales of the GodWars" comic and maybe get your hands on your own copy also catch up with Mod Doom and Spear on their misadventures in RuneScape. Watch the show live at Twitch.TV/RuneScape
Wednesday May 3rd | 16:00 Game Time | Designing Runescape
Hang out with Mod Jack as he talks about the design of Runescape. Watch the show live at Twitch.TV/RuneScape
Treasure Hunter Calendar
Rise like a Phoenix
Starts May 4th | Ends May 8th | Phoenix Rising
The phoenix is on the rise and the rewards are red hot! Get ready to burn bonus experience, unlocking boosts and stronger Lamps. Ya gotta burn it to earn it…
Starts May 9th | Ends May 10th | Mysteria
Mystery is the name of the game - this Treasure Hunter will keep changing throughout each day, so check back regularly for new challenges and sur(prizes)...
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Fixed further typos in the Unwelcome Guests update.
- Demon Flash Mobs are no longer affected by the Guardhouse instakill buff.
- Linza, Akrisae and the WildyWyrm are no longer affected by the Guardhouse instakill buff.
- Fixed an issue where checkboxes for the legendary Lumber Yak pet were resetting after closing the Pets interface.
- Players can now progress in the While Guthix Sleeps quest when they have destroyed a specific item.
- A typo with the Silvthril Rod has been fixed.
- Removed the possibility of a player getting stuck in the tutorial after lighting a fire by the door of Reginald's House.
- The Hunter Skill Guide entries for Carrion, Draconic and God Jadinkos now say ‘preferred’ instead of ‘required’ bait.
- If you dismiss a familiar after killing Bork, the familiar will no longer return.
- An accidental change made the Lodestone icons on the Action Bar blurry - this has been corrected.
The latest goings-on from our community
RuneTube@TheRSGuy takes us through the process from no gear to max gear in just seven days!
Want to sit back, relax and enjoy someone else's arduous journey? @Waydot has you covered with this nearly 12 hour compiled video of their travels across Gielinor.
@rsbandb tackles the tricky subject of Completing the Completionist Cape!
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: RuneScape Discord Mentors
- Date/Time: Friday May 5th, 18:00 Game Time
- World: 91
- Location: Falador Lodestone
- FC: Ahelp
Mega Duck Hunt
- Hosted by: Steve20058, Mega Duck & IcyLove
- Date/Time: Saturday May 6th, 18:00 Game Time
- World: 5
- Location: Falador Park
- FC: Mega Duck
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Sunday May 7th, 20:00 Game Time
- World: 88
- Location: The Heart of Gielinor - Zamorak Lobby
- FC: Boss Guild
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!