RuneScape Road Trip 2015 kicks off on the 1st of May – a month of task chasing and community events for RuneScape members where you'll uncover some cool rewards.
Tick off tasks in your new Road Trip Journal – by yourself or with JMod help – and unlock the four-tier Explorer's Aura, which grants you increasing access to your own personal combat or skilling area throughout the month.
Complete the lot and get a new follower pet, plus the Hiker's outfit and Partyhat Firemaking animation, if you missed them last year.
Read on for more information!
How to Play
To start, speak to Challenge Mistress Fara in Burthorpe or Challenge Mistress Heriau in Prifddinas. They'll give you your Road Trip Journal so you can get started.
You can manually complete one task per day. You can also automatically complete tasks, using chits gained once per day by heading to Lumbridge Crater and receiving one from a JMod!
To make sure no-one misses out, JMods will dispatch a team of highly trained JMod clones every four hours on weekends, as well as the 4th and 25th of May.
With those two exceptions, JMods will be available - in person - every weekday in May to hand out chits at 12:00 UTC and 16:00 UTC with JMod clones available regularly outside those hours. For full details of when you can collect your chits from JMods or their cloned counterparts, check out the JMod Schedule forum thread.
Note that chits can be stored up and used at any point during the month.
Tasks fall into four categories:
- Complete a Dungeoneering floor on complexity 6.
- Gather your daily limit from divine locations.
- Teleport two filled urns of any sort in a single day.
- Use a combined total of 100 bars and/or leather (any combination) through normal skilling in a single day.
- Train 15 different skills in a single day.
- Complete a slayer assignment.
- Summon and destroy the Fragmented Spirit, which is attracted to death.
- Kill or die to another player in the Wilderness.
- Kill a creature of at least your combat level.
- Duel another player at the Al Kharid Arena.
- Play a round of Castle Wars.
- Complete a Sinkhole.
- Gain a life point boost from a bonfire tended by at least four other players.
- Pop a balloon at the Falador Party Room.
- Enter someone else's player-owned house.
- Complete a Treasure Trail.
- Complete a quest or Tears of Guthix.
- Complete a Daily Challenge.
- Visit the Grand Exchange while you have six buy or sell offers active.
- Find the Idol of Billy the Goat.
Each task you complete – manually or by skipping – gets you an XP lamp.
Complete a category and you'll unlock the Explorer's Aura. Once per day– for 30 days from when you first unlock it – this will grant you access to an instanced area where you can skill or kill to your heart's content, with increased XP and gathering rates.
Right-click the aura itself to spawn a portal to the area. Whenever you enter, you'll choose whether it contains combat or skilling content. It will contain enemies or skilling spots appropriate to your level, and you can change by leaving and re-entering the area. It'll always contain a bank chest and deposit box.
As you complete more categories, the aura's tier will increase – and so will its activation time:
- Tier 1: 5 minutes
- Tier 2: 10 minutes
- Tier 3: 20 minutes
- Tier 4: 30 minutes
Note that – upon increasing tier – the aura can be activated again the same day.
Each category will also reward you with a compass piece, and when you've got all four of these the completed compass will lead you to the final Road Trip reward: a follower pet and large XP lamp.
You can also get the hiker's outfit from last year by claiming the journal and completing categories, if you don't already have it:
- Hiker's boots and gloves: claim the journal
- Hiker's cap: skilling
- Hiker's jacket: combat
- Hiker's leggings: social/minigames
- Hiker's backpack: miscellaneous
Finally, you can claim the Partyhat Firemaking animation override by completing all the categories, if you don't have it from last year.
We're also running a set of bonus weekends, similar to last year. The order and duration of some of the bonuses has changed, so do read through the list below.
Note that all bonuses start and end at 12:00 UTC (Game Time), on the days given. Ironman accounts are not eligible for these bonuses.
Skiller Weekend | 1st May - 4th May
- Double XP and reputation at Artisan's Workshop.
- Increased node spawns and reward points at Runespan.
- Double chance for gold relic, sceptre and Black Ibis drops at Pyramid Plunder.
- Enriched divination nodes spawn every 10 minutes.
- Fishing spots stay in place twice as long.
- Divination wisps last twice as long.
- Mining nodes and trees replenish twice as quickly.
- +50% base Big Chinchompa XP.
Dungeoneering Weekend | 8th May - 11th May
- Double dungeoneering tokens, including Sinkholes.
- +50% base Sinkholes XP.
Slayer & Boss Weekend | 15th May - 18th May
- +50% base Slayer XP.
- Double Slayer points.
- Expanded drop tables for Kalphite King, Giant Mole and Barrows - Rise of the Six.
- All charm drops offer an extra charm.
- Double amounts of all rare drops, and the ring of wealth doubles in effectiveness.
Special Ports Bonus | 15th May - 1st June
- Ports offer 25 voyages a day instead of 15.
Minigame Weekend | 22nd May - 25th May
- +1 Castle Wars gold ticket per game.
- Extra 600 daily bonus points in Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza.
- Double points from Pest Control/Conquest.
- Double Bonus XP and gamble rewards in Barbarian Assault.
- Bosses killed in Dominion Tower count as two for the purposes of reward unlocks.
- Double produce points at Livid Farm.
- Double points from Stealing Creation.
- Double zeal from Soul Wars.
Please note that we have extended the Minigame Weekend slightly to 14:00 UTC on Monday 25th May.
There are some cracking bonuses to be had over the May weekends, so gather some friends and get stuck in!
Hit the road and have a magnificent May! Have fun, and let us know your thoughts over on the forums.
The RuneScape Team