We've got new bundles to support our charity partners for Mental Health Awareness Week, plus another tantalising boardgame update and news about upcoming downtime sessions that will keep everything ship-shape!
Mental Health Awareness Week
Take a look at this year's bundles and support our charity partners!
Each year, we take a moment during World Mental Health Awareness to pause and reflect on our mental health – how we might improve it, and better support one another.
There are some amazing organisations out there helping those in need, and every year the RuneScape community blows us away with support for our partner charities!
This time around, there are even more ways to bolster the amazing work of CPSL Mind and RAD, two of our charity partners who specifically focused on Mental Health – and grab some goodies in the process.
2 New MHAW Bundles
- Power Bundle - 250 RuneCoins
- Rock of Resilience (+15 Charges for the Rock)
- The Rock of Resilience provides a 4% experience boost for 60 minutes and a 2% experience boost for other players nearby.
- 2 Deathtouched Darts
- 2 Aura Refresh
- 2 Life Refresh
- 2 Box of Clues (untradeable)
- 10 Advanced Pulse Cores
- 10 Cinder Cores
- 5 Large Protean Packs
- 3 Large Skill Dummy Crates
(*Can be purchased up to 3 times. Not available for purchase on Ironman accounts.)
- Cosmetic Equipment Bundle - 250 RuneCoins
(Can be purchased up to 3 times)
- 2 Dragon keepsake keys
- 1 Prismatic Dye
- 1 Chameleon Extract
Returning MHAW Cosmetics
|Bastion of Fortitude Outfit||195|
|Cloak and Banner of Meditation||195|
|Guardian of Fortitude Outfit||195|
RuneScape fans often go above and beyond even our grandest expectations in their support for others and for charities. To support those who want to give more than the bundles allow, we've set up a repeatable donation package of 50 RuneCoins for those who wish to use it.
While this package doesn’t provide any in-game items or benefits, you will receive the title 'the Resilient' with your first donation through this pack as a thank you for your thoughtful, generous gift to charities in need of your support.
Our charity partners
Proceeds from the sale of the Power Bundle, Cosmetic Equipment Bundle, previous MHAW cosmetics and any Runecoin Donations will support two of our charity partners who focus specifically on mental health: CPSL Mind and RAD. Here’s a reminder of the valuable work they do.
CPSL Mind provides support to individuals experiencing mental health problems in the Cambridge and Peterborough area, where Jagex is based. Their STOP Suicide campaign aims to prevent suicide by raising awareness and giving ordinary members of the public the skills and confidence they need to help those at risk.
Rise Above the Disorder (RAD) began as one gamer's mission to overcome depression and has turned into a massive worldwide community aiming to make mental health care available to everyone, everywhere. RAD provides entirely free mental health services to gamers through its grant program and has helped over 28,000 people find the hope and happiness they deserve.
RuneScape Board Game Update
Your weekly RuneScape Kingdoms news is here!
By now we expect you’ve seen the news – we’ve partnered with Steamforged to bring the magical world of Gielinor to the tabletop in RuneScape Kingdoms: Shadow of Elvarg!
Steamforged are releasing weekly blogs in the build up to their Kickstarter on May 31st. Tune in to learn all about how to play the game, and be among the first to see new cards and minis!
The latest blog gives first sight of the player character sheet, covers how skilling works in the game and reveals the latest player avatar mini – the archer.
When danger strikes, the archer ensures no foe gets close enough to pose a threat! Completing the melee, magic, and ranged combat triangle, the archer gives you a full selection of combat-focused minis to choose from.
Inspired by early-game ranged gear, archers are equipped with a Shortbow and Bronze Arrows. Like their weapons, their Leather Body, Chaps, and Boots are cheap and easy to come by — ideal for someone just beginning their journey in RuneScape Kingdoms.
Steamforged's Kickstarter will only run for 10 days, so sign up here and be the first to know when it goes live!
Maintenance & Downtime
Upcoming disruptions in the name of improvements!
We'll be conducting some essential maintenance on a variety of our systems during the month of May.
There will be some downtime on each of the systems as the modules are moved, but we expect this to be at most 30 minutes for each area affected! Here's a look at what systems will see some impact over the next month:
|Date and Time||Potential Impact||Approximate Downtime|
|May 10th - 10:00 BST||Account Creation unavailable.||30 minutes|
|May 11th - 10:00 BST||Unable to login into both games via Google and Apple.
A delay to delivery from Steam DLC purchases.
|May 16th - 10:00 BST||Unable to log in or world hop (Old School & RuneScape).||30 minutes|
|May 17th - 10:00 BST||Unable to log in or world hop (Old School & RuneScape).||30 minutes|
|May 25th - 10:00 BST||Payment systems unavailable.||30 minutes|
If you're already in-game during any maintenance impacting login or world-hopping, you should be able to continue playing with no impact - though we would advise avoiding any risky activity, just to be safe!
Stay tuned to @JagexSupport on Twitter for updates on each deployment.
Vic The Trader's Last Week
Time to trade in that excess bonus XP!
Don’t forget that Vic The Trader is in town, and ready to trade your bonus XP for credits! You can use them to stock up on Lamps, Skilling Outfits and more.
He won’t be around forever though – adventure calls and May 15th is the last day you can visit Vic before he disappears. Until next time…
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Tuesday May 10th | 16:00 Game Time | RuneScape Kingdoms: Shadow of Elvarg Digital Playthrough
See the RuneScape Kingdoms board game in action for the first time with Steamforged and a couple of special J-Mod guests!
See you on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Prehistoric Potterington's 'Accidental' Fletching & Firemaking
- Fixed an issue where switching the inventory slot for the dinosaur during feeding activity caused the player to disconnect.
- When a Baby Rex uses a mystical tree, the teleporting vines are now invisible if the Baby Rex is invisible.
- If you have an augmented Tinderbox equipped, Prehistoric Potterington's 'Accidental' Firemaking methods now benefit from the typical Firemaking XP bonus.
- Given the amount of running involved, we've changed the token XP when feeding adorbs baby dinos from Farming to Agility!
- Corrected an issue where a free sample of dino farm Teleport Scrolls received on first login were destroyed if logging back in to the Broken Home item-restricted instance.
- The Necklace of Salamancy is no longer lost on death.
- Increased chances for lore drops from skilling stations in Iaia when a Lorehound pet is summoned.
- Added The Elder God Wars season to the Series quest list.
- Adapted the quest list's Mahjarrat, Return of the Gods and Sliske's Endgame series' into seasons.
- Seasons in the Series quest list now have an alternate heading colour to differentiate them.
- Added a Violet Is Blue quest series. Added missing quests to the Gnome, Fremennik and Tales of the Arc quest series'.
- Instead of Area, new and returning players now default to the Timeline quest list sort.
- The default player model setting can now be toggled in the graphics options interface.
- There is now clearer messaging given to players who haven't started Sins of the Father after completing Extinction when trying to enter the Effigy Incubator laboratory.
- Players can no longer descend down the winches around the Varrock dig site during Battle of the Monolith.
- The retro fishing Waxskin Top no longer has a gap in the model when wielding the Egg Smasher Hammer.
- Wearing Fox Ears or similiar items no longer causes the long curtain haircut textures to stretch.
- Woodland Fox Ears no longer use tiara versions of hair
- The hands of the female player character no longer appear stretched when using the Bastion of Fortitude platebody.
- Music boxes are no longer placeable in the Wilderness.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Lost Toys Miniquest being incompletable after dying in the Wilderness. Players who are currently stuck can speak to Lex to continue.
- The Wicked Hood and Heated Tea Flask animations now cancel when the player moves.
- Players are no longer told that they cannot play Treasure Hunter when leaving an active Dungeoneering dungeon.
The latest goings-on from our community
An assortment of awesome art from our lovely community!
We are in awe of u/killerfishy24 out-of-this-world depiction of the God of Chaos!
u/RsElej thinks Max takes his cape monitoring job a little too seriously...
@Enkoro showcasing the peaceful and beautiful way of life at the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede!
u/leinty1 showing just how terrifying Torag looked while fighting in the God Wars! That's some serious weaponry!
Pink Skirts Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Helpscape
- Date/Time: Wednesday May 11th, 12:00 Gametime
- World: 35
- Location: The Heart of Gielinor - Sliske Lobby
- FC: Helpscape
- Hosted by: Lady Spyra, Michael Silk, and Fast SC
- Date/Time: Saturday May 14th, 22:00 Gametime
- World: 99
- Location: Stealing Creation Lobby
- FC: Fast Sc
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Saturday May 14th, 20:00 Gametime
- World: 88
- Location: The Heart of Gielinor - Sliske Lobby
- FC: Boss Guild
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!