Bundles for a good cause, a stunning retro armour set and more DXP Live!
Mental Health Awareness Week
Check out this year's bundles for charity!
Each year, we like to take a moment during World Mental Health Awareness Week to pause and reflect on our mental health – nor just how we might improve our own, but ways we can better support one another, too.
There are some amazing organisations out there helping those in need, and once again we’ll be offering special bundles for MHAW 2023, with all proceeds going to a partner charity. Every year the RuneScape community blows us away with their support, and we’re sure 2023 will be no exception!
Our partner charity this year is Rise Above the Disorder - more on their vital work below.
MHAW BUNDLESNOTE: An issue in deployment resulted in the Power Bundle showing an incorrect description in-game. This has now been fixed - apologies for any confusion caused and thank you for supporting a great cause.
- Power Bundle - 250 RuneCoins
- (*Can be purchased up to THREE times. Not available for purchase on Ironman accounts).
- Rock of Resilience (+15 Charges for the Rock)
- The Rock of Resilience provides a 4% experience boost for 60 minutes and a 2% experience boost for other players nearby.
- 50x of each Protean
- 4x Medium Skill Dummy Crate
- 2x Box of Clue Scrolls (untradeable)
- 10x Pulse Cores
- 10x Cinder Cores
- 2x Aura refresh
- 2x Life refresh
- 2x Item protection contract
- Cosmetic Equipment Bundle - 250 RuneCoins
- (Can be purchased up to THREE times)
- 2 Keepsake Keys
- 1 Prismatic Dye
- 1 Chameleon Extract
Solomon’s General Store Discounts
For the duration of Mental Health Awareness Week, ALL proceeds from items in Solomon’s General Store will be donated to charity. There is a 10% discount on items in the Spotlight tab that are over a month old.
When it comes to supporting others, RuneScape fans consistently go above and beyond even our grandest expectations. For who want to give more than the bundles allow, we've set up a repeatable donation package of 25/50/100/500 RuneCoins for those who wish to use it.
While this package doesn’t provide any in-game items or benefits, you will receive the title 'the Giving' if you donate 100 RC in one go (must be purchased as one bundle to unlock), and further donations taking you to 500 RC will unlock the title ‘the Altruistic’! Please note that the 500 RC donation alone will not unlock 'the Giving' automatically - this must be purchased as one 100 RC bundle.
OUR CHARITY PARTNERS
Proceeds from the sale of the Power Bundle, Cosmetic Equipment Bundle, Solomon’s General Store and any RuneCoin donations will go to Rise Above the Disorder. Here’s a reminder of the valuable work they do!
'Rise Above the Disorder is a non-profit covering the cost of mental health care for people all over the world. They have covered therapy for over 39,000 people. Their goal is to make mental health care free and accessible to everyone.'
Double XP LIVE
Begins on Friday!
DXP LIVE is a 10-day train-fest where every one of you gets 48 hours of Double XP to use at your leisure. Play it however you want - you can always pause the timer if you need to do other activities but don't want to lose out on that precious DXP time. Plus, if you won't be using all your hours, you can trade an hour of DXP per day for credits to use with Nic The Trader. Full details here!
Double XP LIVE returns this Friday, May 19th until Monday, May 29th, starting and ending at 12:00 PM Game Time.
Since our current Forinthry Frontier Yak Track has been extended, surely that means… Why yes, you’re right! This will be the first time both a DXP and Yak track will be active simultaneously. This means:
- Yak Track XP bonuses will not apply when Double XP is active.
- If you pause your timer, the Yak Track XP bonuses you've earned will apply as normal.
Retro Gilded Armour
Always believin', you are GOLD!
The Gilded Rune Armour Bundle arrives with today’s update, costing 630 RuneCoins - or 567 for Members! And, with ALL proceeds from items in Solomon’s General Store being donated to charity this week, this is another great way to support MHAW while picking up a sweet new look!
This Bundle contains the following:
- Replica Rune Armour (Gilded)
- Reforged Rune Armour (Gilded)
Both contain a full set of armour:
With this drop, we have officially completed all five winners of the Retro Poll! It’s been quite a journey since we first asked you which retro cosmetics you’d like to bring back. Along the way, we’ve learned a lot about what players would like to see from retro updates in future.
So, before jumping into our next override project, we are going to go back to the drawing board for a little bit. Once we have a proposal in mind, we’ll let you know, and rest assured we’ll be working closely with you to bring you the cosmetics you want to see!
With that said, we aren't quite done with all the planned retro overrides - it really was a very close race for the top five, so we decided to also create a sixth item: the Helm of Neitiznot!
Unfortunately, the work is a little delayed, so we don't have an arrival date yet. It’s coming, though!
With the launch of the Helm we will also bundle together all previous rewards, which you can purchase as a group. More info on that when it’s ready.
Jagex Accounts Survey
Open To All
It’s been over a month since Jagex Accounts went into Open Beta and we're looking for your feedback!
Whether you’re already enjoying improved account security or you’re yet to give Jagex Accounts a try, we want to understand more about how you're feeling about them so far.
You can join the survey here: https://jagex.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cx2maNfCkPumNnw
New goodies for Prime Gaming members
It's high time for May Prime! This month you will receive 5 Knowledge Bombs and the Umbral Knight Outfit, so make sure to grab your goodies from May 16th. Find out more at https://RS.Game/PrimeGaming.
Treasure Hunter Calendar
What's up next on the calendar?
Starts May 11th | Ends May 15th | Looting Range
Take aim and let loose at the Looting Range to win the fabulous new Woodland Archer's Outfit! And if your aim is right and luck is on your side, you could also win the Ranger Roll Walk Override...
Starts May 18th | Ends May 24th | Foresight to Train
It's time to train, but this time with extra foresight! New to this edition are Slayer Wildcards, a consumable item which makes your next Slayer count as on-task for XP and drops, plus two new Drop Cleaners - one for Crafting and one for Fletching - which use the new Artisanal Gears to power them!
PSA: Alternative Methods To Earn Treasure Hunter Keys.
On January 27th, we had to temporarily freeze the ability to earn Treasure Hunter Keys via alternate methods (such as completing surveys) due to a change in provider. This work has now been completed and Treasure Hunter Keys can now once again be earned through these methods.
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Graphical Area Update Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused Trindine not to spawn during Azzanadra's Quest.
- Restored the cave entrance for Song from the Depths and spruced it up to better match its new environment
- The Curator has been returned to Burthorpe after his holiday around the refreshed Karamja.
- Mos Le'Harmless, Harmony Island and Evil Bob's Island have had a prune along their Palm Trees. There shouldn’t be any more floating Palms on these islands!
- Removed some force walk tiles at the Karamja Volcano near the TzHaar City entrance.
- Removed some force walk tiles at the back of the Karamja Volcano.
- When players fail the agility shortcut east of Shilo Village, they will no longer get stuck in the terrain.
- The Mudskipper Point Hidey Hole has been re-added.
- You can no longer use the gangplank at Captain Barnaby's ship in East Ardougne. The Brimhaven trips are still accessible from the Captain himself.
- Removed some bad blocking around the Musa Point Grapple.
- Fixed a rock clipping issue at Zambo's building in Musa Point.
- There are no more textures floating in the air at Musa Point's northern dock.
- Nic The Trader has been moved to Fort Forinthry.
- Protean memories have been reworked - they now behave like Protean Essence, and the player has to take them to a divination crater to use them. They have also sped up their usage from eight ticks to seven per Protean.
- Their XP has also been buffed by about 60%.
- Protean Memories can now be handed in at rifts. Each rift has a level requirement for the Protean that matches the level of the wisps around it. XP scales with this requirement.
- Removed Cursed Wisp teleport from the Elite Divination outfit
- Added a new XP rate for Elder Divination approximately halfway between the level 70 and 80 Protean Memory values.
- Updated models for skeletons, zombies and giant rats within the Wilderness, giving them the new Unwelcome Guests models.
- Dark beasts (excluding revenant dark beasts and the Helm of Darkness' dark beast emote) have been graphically updated.
- Dark beasts no longer inexplicably shoot a fireball at the player.
- Elite dark beast's special attack now has a longer telegraph period and can be evaded if more than 3 tiles away when they roar.
- Changed the Duke/Duchess title to be unlocked as part of the New Foundations Mini Quest, rather than on Solomon's General Store. If you had already completed this quest, these titles will be automatically unlocked.
- The few remaining Dark Warriors that stayed at their fortress have died. (F)
- Players can no longer switch which item they are buying or selling when editing a Grand Exchange offer.
- Fixed an issue where Tongs were missing from the player's Toolbelt.
- Sir Owen and Sir Upticious no longer remain by a safe in Falador Castle if you skip their dialogue during Azzanadra's Quest.
- Corrected tooltips for Crystal equipment unlocks in the Skill Guide menu - they now have the correct gear pieces.
- The Frost Dragon dungeon entry in the Dungeoneering Skill Guide was showing a Pit Iron Dragon icon instead. This has been updated.
- Spiritual Warriors, Rangers and Mages now have the correct tooltip in the Slayer Skill Guide.
- Corrected ‘balony’ to ‘balcony’ at a stage in the City of Senntisten quest journal. Oops!
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Skill 'n' Chill
- Hosted by: MadClikr & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Date/Time: Monday May 15th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 85
- Location: Fort Forinthry
- FC: Lil Tuzzies
Nex - Angel of Death
- Hosted by: Spotleewolf & Nexaodmass
- Date/Time: Saturday May 19th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 92
- Location: Stealing Creation Lobby
- FC: Nexaodmass
Mega Duck Hunt
- Hosted by: Steve20058, Mega Duck & IcyLove
- Date/Time: Saturday May 20th, 18:00 Game Time
- World: 5
- Location: Falador Park
- FC: Mega Duck
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!