The Ninjas are back with another strike, and this time, they're honed in on some much requested changes for Mobile! There's also a brand new Prime Gaming drop hitting this Tuesday and the return of our RuneScape Livestreams on Wednesday!
Mobile Ninja Strike
Improved Mobile UI this way!
This week the Ninjas have turned their attention to some hotly requested UI improvements for Mobile!
Highlights from this Strike include:
- Improvements to 'child windows', such as Inventory screens and popups. You should find these windows more responsive when dragging and interacting.
- UI icon updates to make Prayer more distinguishable in the ribbon – plus, we’ve added icons for Prayer and Summoning points in the Combat Bar for clarity.
- You can now have the right action buttons always visible regardless of screen size. Previously this option was only available on tablets.
Check Patch Notes for the full slate of improvements!
Prime Gaming Drop
More goodies from Prime Gaming
Once again our friends at Prime Gaming have got some fantastic rewards for you! These will be available from April 19th to May 17th, so make sure to grab yours.
This month's drop contains 5 XP-boosting Knowledge Bombs and the Umbral Templar cosmetic outfit!
Find out more at https://RS.Game/PrimeGaming
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Wednesday April 20th | 17:00 Game Time | JvM Adventures
Spear and Hooli are back at it taking on some of the toughest bosses in Gielinor. Can they finally git gud?
See you on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Mobile Ninja Strike Patch Notes
Top-level Mobile Interface
- The right-hand menu is now fixed, and can no longer be customised.
- Windows (such as Backpack) have been reduced in size to use up less screen space, and their contents (such as Backpack slots) have been reduced in size slightly.
- Updated border added to the right-hand child windows and minimap.
- Header added to access desktop's footer buttons (e.g. Currency Pouch).
- Footer added to each child window, displaying the single most prominent button and an info display (e.g. Currency Pouch and Coins).
- Hardcoded tab support has been added, which is utilised by mobile Ability Books.
- The icon for the Prayer book has been updated to look closer to the desktop icon instead of a book, to avoid confusion between three book icons.
- The icons for the Summoning and Prayer Point displays have been improved, more clearly indicating which is which.
- A new setting has been added into Gameplay Settings → Interfaces → UI Customisation to make the right-hand combat buttons always visible.
- If enabled, windows such as the Backpack may have a scrollbar when combat mode is active.
- Taller screens such as tablets will display the right-hand buttons and a full size window if there is enough space, regardless of this setting.
- Many players wanted this to never scroll, and many wanted to always have access to combat abilities. Now, the choice is yours!
- A long-press option has been added to the Chat Modes button.
- This provides quick access to switching between chat modes without needing to access the Chat Settings interface.
- The Loot window has been moved from the centre of the screen, and is now towards the top-left.
- Opening the Chat panel closes the Loot window.
- Opening the Loot window while the Chat panel is open will allow both to be open together.
- The red font used in warning messages has been changed to a lighter colour, as the darkness often contrasted poorly with the game world.
- The Worn interface Aura slot now has a graphic indicating it access settings when an aura is not active.
- The Notes interface has been improved, with the desktop window now resizing correctly and both platforms having backgrounds for each entry.
General Mobile Improvements
- Drag responsiveness has been improved.
- The mouseover highlight when dragging an item in the Inventory is now available on mobile.
General Patch Notes
- Removed the catch success animation for the Giant Guthixian Butterfly to help improve performance on worlds with a high population count.
Elder God Wars
- It's now possible to return to the Seren dialogue before Phase 3 of the Extinction quest.
- Fixed the overlapping sections of the Player-Owned Farm noticeboard interface.
- Players will no longer be told that they cannot play Treasure Hunter when leaving an active dungeoneering dungeon.
- TzKal-Zuk's 'Immune' hitmark now shows in the correct language when using non-English clients.
- Fixed an issue where the Superglass Make spell was requiring the As A First Resort quest rather than the Dream Mentor quest to be unlocked.
- The Aura Management interface will no longer direct you to buy Auras from the Loyalty Store if they are only available in Wars Retreat.
The latest goings-on from our community
An assortment of awesome art from our lovely community!
u/LegendaryBadArtist showing us the true potential power of the Yak! LOVE this concept!
u/SonicSingularity has been hard at work constructing their very own Trimmed Skill Cape in all its swishy glory! We're in awe of your textile talent!
u/Mavrick882 has an interesting take on how they wanted the Extinction quest to play out!
@Bz07061 asks what would you do if your world was moments from destruction? Thank you for this thought-provoking piece.
@Enkoro_art was wondering what Zaros would have been up to.
Pink Skirts Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted by: Steve20058, Lynxlynx & Saphhirra
- Date/Time: Monday April 18th, 19:15 Gametime
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock West Bank
Nex - Angel Of Death
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Friday April 22nd, 20:00 Gametime
- World: 88
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Boss Guild
Nex - Angel of Death
- Hosted by: Spotleewolf & Nexaodmass
- Date/Time: Friday April 22nd, 23:00 Gametime
- World: 92
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Nexaodmass
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!