The updates, refinements and polishing continues for Necromancy this week, plus there's a fresh format for Assassin's Return - and brand new merch you won't want to miss!
Necromancy Community Round Up
All the updates from Um
Spirits and Skeletons aren't the only thing rising right now in Gielinor. More and more aspiring Necromancers are stepping up to the plate and challenging themselves to take on foes old and new!
KravyRS has created a wonderful visual to help guide you through a potential path to 120:
Did you catch our Necromancy launch livestream? If so you may have seen some of the amazing props Willow has crafted. Check them out!
Top Tips from the Necromancy Community
- Need to get more Soul out of your Rituals? The Multiply Glyph is your friend! Using multiple (heh) Multiply Glyphs, you can significantly boost your yields from Rituals. You can also use Extreme Necromancy potions to boost your level, access the Glyphs early and reap the rewards.
At level 60 you get access to the level 2 Ritual site and the Greater Communion Ritual. If you boost your Necromancy stat to 66 you can set up with some Multiply II Glyphs. Combining that with Dragonkin Bones, you get 36 souls for one Ritual, which will vastly speed things up on the road to more Souls!
- With last week's update, the Tome of Um area task reward now automatically sends Ashes to your Bank when picked up (among other great benefits). This massively helps with acquiring componants for Inks!
- Don't forget to talk to the new arrivals in Um. Not only is it nice to introduce yourself, it will help you orientate yourself in the city. Plus, some arrivals will add extra Souls to your Well the first time you speak with them.
Join the Discord for more top tips and up-to-the minute Necromancy chat!
Watch & Learn
The best way to learn is by observing others! Check out these brilliant videos for further insight into key aspects of Necromancy mastery:
RuneScape Merch Update
In need of a cuddle? Jagex’s new plush partner Makeship has recreated some iconic legacy characters to be a little softer and squishier! If you want to snuggle up to Wise Old Man and Bob the Cat you will need to be quick, because once they’re gone, they’re gone.
These limited-edition plushies will only be available to pre-order for four weeks ending September 20th. Get them while you can!
To order, and for more info on delivery timelines and shipping destinations, check out the Makeship store.
Tuesday August 29th | 16:00 Game Time | Livestream: September Update Reveal
Remember 'Major Update TBA' in the Necromancy Development Update? Join us for a first look at a brand new aspect of RuneScape's core experience. Watch the show live at Twitch.TV/RuneScape
Treasure Hunter Calendar
New Format for Assassin's Return!
Starts August 31st | Ends September 6th | Assassin's Return
The Faceless Assassins return with a new promotion - complete contracts to guarantee pieces of the new Faceless Enforcer Outfit pieces, the outfit's alternate colours, and even the new Enforcer Walk Animation Override!
Contracts will show you the reward on offer, and each contract's reward is randomly assigned. Complete your contract and move onto your next target! Strike swiftly, strike deftly - this promotion will only be around until September 6th!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Necromancy - General
- A typo in the Remains of the Necrolord quest has been fixed.
- The Soul Urn for the Necromancy tank equipment upgrade task will no longer fill when you use a Deathtouched Dart on the active Reaper assignment, or when the active Reaper assignment has been killed in practice mode.
- A Death Mark applied by Necromancy Spirits no longer breaks encounters.
- Players will now correctly face the last altar used within the City of Um Runecrafting area when leaving and re-entering.
- The Deflect Necromancy curse will now display on the buff bar as intended.
- Dodging an attack should now trigger auto-retaliate.
- A typo in the Necromancy! quest has been fixed.
- A typo in the Ghosts in the Machine achievement description has been fixed.
- Crafting Necroplasm now opens the Ritual Candles tab if you only have candle materials.
- Combat level is now calculated properly in the Wilderness at Level 152 as Level 140 + 12.
- The potter's wheel in the City of Um can now be used.
- When the player is tasked to kill TzTok-Jad for the T90 Necromancy tank armour upgrade, the game will now reinforce that only the version in the Fight Caves will count for this task.
- The buy limit of Congealed Blood is now 5,000 every 4 hours.
- The ritual minigame tab now shows the output as affected by any multipliers, such as Multiply Glyphs and the Tome of Um.
- Updated the examine for the Robust Memento.
- Threads of Fate cooldown has been reduced to 45 seconds.
- Threads of Fate duration has been increased to 6.6 seconds.
- Dying on the ritual site will now spawn your gravestone at the entrance to the site.
- The following titles now have both masculine and feminine variants:
- Lord/Lady of Chaos
- the Lich King/Queen
- Antique duelist's cap can no longer be used to transform on the ritual site.
- The Abyssal Link relic description now specifically mentions that it will only work with the Magic Spellbook.
- Added a teleport option to the City of Um through the door in Death's Office.
- Added a line of player dialogue after each band member tells the players where to obtain their instrument.
- The 'My Skeleton Can Beat Up Your Skeleton' achievement from the easy City of Um area task set and the 'My Undead Can Beat Up Your Undead' achievement from the medium City of Um area task set are both no longer location specific.
- Added improvements to the Task Set User Interface: recommended tasks can now be pinned to the Activity Tracker, and a button has been added to view reward details.
- Made changes to how Hardcore Ironman deaths work:
- Hardcore Iron players will no longer drop all their items on death - they instead follow the exact same rules as normal deaths. Hardcore Irons will now be sent to Death's Office along with all their items, which can be reclaimed for the standard fee.
- Lives will still be lost.
- Items will no longer drop to the floor on death.
- In certain situations, players were sometimes incorrectly teleported outside Masuta’s boss arena - this should no longer happen.
- Some of the Falador area tasks’ requirements have been adjusted.
- Items obtained from Reward Caskets via re-rolling are now broadcast to the player log.
- Fixed the rendering order of the Shadow Energy in the Raksha fight so that it will always be visible.
- Arch-Glacor hitboxes have been slightly increased.
- Fixed an issue where cursed magic logs could be taken out of the Spirit Realm by storing them inside the wood box.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the ‘A Cunning Plank' achievement from completing.
- Achievements in the Construction path now display a pop-up when completed.
- Logging out of the second dream during the Dead and Buried quest no longer resets your progress in the dream.
- The chat window should now be hidden during cutscenes when playing on mobile.
- Players can now access the beautifully horrifying Dragonkin Tomb area after completing Dead and Buried.
- The Raptor should now appear less shiny.
- Fixed a typo in the Gemfall Treasure Hunter promotion, and the number of Oddments displayed in the confirmation window when re-rolling.
- The B.A.N.K. Stander now accumulates charges from all the Bank locations in Fort Forinthry.
- Players should no longer get stuck in the dense jungle which separates the Kharazi Jungle from the rest of Karamja.
- Fixed an issue where the Combat section of the What's New? interface didn't open the correct website.
- The History of the Kinshra book has been removed from the Black Knights' Fortress.
- Boulder Pet and Running Scared Walk Override tokens can now be purchased on the Grand Exchange by Ironman accounts.
- Missing graphical options tooltips have been added.
- Having a follower pet present will no longer prevent the placement of training dummies - provided a dummy will not occupy the same tile as the follower pet.
- The Fish Info Interface for the Player Owned House's Bathysphere has been updated to more accurately reflect the Aquarium Prestige progress.
- Fixed an animation bug with the Acheron Mammoth charge attack.
- Players can no longer activate specific premium hairstyles without buying them from Solomon's Store first.
- Added a chat message for the conversion of Enhancers to Oddments in the Parcels from the Dead event.
- Fixed an issue with Elite Edimmus not playing their death animation.
- Fixed an issue where the 2% sales tariff was visually applied when selling a Bond on the Grand Exchange.
- Fixed a bug that didn't disable Sliske's health bar after the fight during Sliske's Endgame.
- Protean Enhancer and Prolonger buff icons now match the items used to give them.
- Players are now able to join others via the Friends Chat list.
- Added a safety check to NPC vs NPC attack tests to prevent familiars from attacking unattackable NPCs.
- Ozan and Leela are now capable of damaging their opponents during Stolen Hearts' mercenary battle south of Draynor Village.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Miss Misty
- Date/Time: Thursday August 31st, 20:00 Game Time
- World: 60
- Location: Edgeville Bank
- FC: Miss Misty
Nex - Angel of Death
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Friday September 1st, 20:00 Game Time
- World: 88
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Boss Guild
Nex - Angel of Death
- Hosted by: Spotleewolf & Nexaodmass
- Date/Time: Friday September 1st, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 92
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Nexaodmass
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
Founded in June 2019, SupportScape is a Discord server providing mental health support for anyone in need. If you've having trouble finding somewhere to unload, the diverse and friendly community here offers support and a friendly face. Whether you have general worries or are struggling with more complex problems, SupportScape seeks to encourage and build confidence, and as a result, empowerment and validation.
They are running a couple events over the next few weeks to help folks unwind and engage with other like-minded players. Here are the dates for your diary:
- August 28th - Mindfulness Exercise. Ever feel stressed out or anxious about something in real life or in RuneScape? Try out the 5-4-3-2-1 grounding exercise! More information can be found in our infographic below. Discuss this exercise and how it made you feel in the #mental-health-forums!
- September 1st, 20:00 BST - Skill 'n' Skribbl. We will be joining our friends at AHelp for some portables at Fort Forinthy in w76 - and playing some RuneScape-themed pictionary as well! A link to the game will be provided at the start of the event.
- September 2nd 19:00 BST - Movie Night. Come hang out in the VC and talk movies and all sorts of fun things!
Everyone is welcome to join - hope to see you there!