We're almost about to kick off our new Storyline! Join us for a reveal this week, alongside the arrival of Devotion Sprites, a new Prime Gaming Drop and more fixes.
Fort Forinthry Content Reveal
Join us this Wednesday!
Late last year, we gave you your first look at some of the content on the way for RuneScape - including our new storyline Fort Forinthry. As we ramp up into the second month of the year, we're finally about to crest the hill of that next storyline and show you what the first content is that's waiting on the other side, which launches next week!
In this new storyline, Fort Forinthry is named after the once-vibrant land that was decimated by the God Wars. It's a story that will be featuring an extensive cast of characters including King Roald and Queen Ellamaria, as well as the main character... you! Our first content drop, Fort Forinthry: New Foundations, marks the start of this new series of content.
Join us for the reveal live on Twitch this Wednesday at 5pm Game Time or head to RuneScape.com shortly after the show for your first look at RuneScape's next content drop!
Get Heartments, Chocolates or Rose Tinted Glasses!
As Valentine's approaches, new loved-up Devotion Sprites will begin to appear near the lodestones in Burthorpe, Varrock, Lumbridge and Prifddinas! Each day, catching one of these Devotion Sprites will award you a Lovely Gift Box, containing either Heartments (or Oddments for Ironmen), Valentine's Chocolates or the new Rose Tinted Glasses from the Gifts From The Heart Treasure Hunter promotion.
Devotion sprites will give you a Gift Box from Feb 9th to Feb 15th.
Melvor Idle: Expanded Edition
Throne of the Herald!
Our friends at Melvor Idle have just released Melvor Idle: Expanded Edition, and given it's made by a RuneScape fan and RuneScape inspired, we couldn't not give it a shoutout
For those of you who don't know, Melvor Idle is an idle/incremental game inspired by RuneScape. You'll master 25 skills, battle 200+ monsters, topple boisterous bosses - and all with a click or a tap as you'd expect from the Idle/Incremental game genre.
This new edition includes the Throne of the Herald expansion, including new locations to explore, new gear to craft, more monsters to fight and a massive expansion to the story. Discover more about the mystic forces that surround the lands of Melvor, and the dark forces that remain hidden beyond the Capital...
If this sounds like your kind of game, head on over to here to pick it up
Prime Gaming Drop
7 Days Membership & Prime Package
Prime Gaming 'Scapers can pick up a brand new Prime Gaming Drop from Tuesday!
This latest drop contains 7 Days of RuneScape Membership, along with a Prime Package containing 1x Deathtouched Dart, 5 x Large Prismatic Lamps, 2 x Aura Refresh, 5 x Pulse Cores and 1 x Monthly D&D reset.
Claim this pack from February 7th.
Treasure Hunter Calendar
Gifts From The Heart Returns
Live Now | Ends Feb 6th | Rainbow Trail
Earn Rainbow Dust and use your Dust on multipliers to get even more from your Chests.
Starts Feb 7th | Ends Feb 8th | Mysteria
A fast-rotating selection of different Treasure Hunter promotions
Starts Feb 9th | Ends Feb 15th | Gifts From The Heart
The Valentine's themed Gifts From The Heart promotion and the associated Heartment's Store return from Feb 9th. This year, we've introduced the brand new Rose Tinted Glasses - a tradeable object that, when worn, have the ability to toggle a rose coloured filter that will make the world look a little more... well, rosey!
The Heartment store also makes a return with three brand new items. Shower yourself in Rose Petals with the new Rose Petal Aura Override, or add two new Pets to your collection with Lovebird and Lovebug. All are available through the use of Heartments until the store availability ends on Feb 22nd. Heartments can be earned through Gifts From The Heart and the Devotion Sprites.
Fort Forinthry's first content revealed!
Wednesday February 8th | 17:00 Game Time | Fort Forinthry: New Foundations Reveal
See the first ever look at Fort Forinthry's first content drop, New Foundations, as the J-Mods give you a tour of this new content releasing on Monday!
Watch the show live on Twitch.TV/RuneScape.
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Fixed an issue causing items in the player's inventory to disappear after curing a farming patch.
- Corrected misspellings of "receive" across the game
- Made some minor changes to the duel system and PvP so that dying in a duel outside of the wilderness should consistently result in a safe death.
- Fixed instances where the 'Remove Roofs' display setting would get overwritten when viewing certain Wanted! quest cutscenes.
- Damage cap was removed from the Aegis aura, alongside the absorption rate being connected to the player's Defence level. Now the aura's protective shield consistently reduces all damage by 10%.
- Right-clicking Max Capes or any eligible back slot items while worn will now show available stored skillcape perks.
- Rest animations will now be displayed correctly when toggling between minimum and high graphics settings while resting/listening to a musician.
- Fixed an issue with Spell book tabs overwriting Skilling book tabs on mobile devices.
- Updated the appearance of the Hellhounds by adjusting their roughness and metal spec values.
- Fixed a crash on loading into the game on some devices with Intel GPUs.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Android when loading into new areas.
- Fixed point light shadows flickering for 1 frame when new lights are selected for shadow casting.
- Fixed strange corrupted tiled point light rendering on AMD observed in faraway map squares without light data.
- Fixed volumetrics sometimes not appearing first time on various GPUs.
- Fixed inconsistent draw distances in cutscenes after adjusting graphics settings.
- Fixed debug output on windows and android.
- Fixed an issue where object outlines would persist on mobile when switching floors.
- Fixed an issue with treasure hunter particles.
- Fixed an issue causing some locations, such as farming patches, to sometimes appear incorrectly when logging back into the game.
- Fixed inability to connect to game via certain ISPs.
- Improved performance at locations containing many particle effects.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Patrick K & Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Monday February 6th, 19:00 Gametime
- World: 123
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
- FC: Patrick K
Nex - Angel Of Death
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Friday February 10th, 20:00 Gametime
- World: 88
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Boss Guild
- Hosted by: Lady Spyra, heathychan, and Fast SC
- Date/Time: Saturday February 11th, 18:00 Gametime
- World: 99
- Location: Stealing Creation Lobby
- FC: Fast Sc
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!