Your adventures in Gielinor will be smoother than ever after this week’s Ninja Strike! We've also got a new video series, a Treasure Hunter packed with new rewards (Cosmetic Ability Overrides anyone?) and we're announcing the winners of the Zamorak Fashion Contest!
Ninja Strike: Scattershot
Pyramid Plunder changes, farming tweaks and more!
The Ninjas are back with all manner of Quality of Life improvements – and there should be a little something for everyone!
For the agriculturally minded, Farming clicks are now a whole lot nicer, with no more Farmers and Leprechauns milling around. Message box clutter has also been reduced, and a brand new Shop interface is just a left click away!
Those plucky Ninjas have also taken on some of the minor frustrations with Pyramid Plunder by making all entrances go to the Guardian Mummy and removing its violent outbursts for players with Level 41+ thieving!
On top of that, a variety of Skilling tools are now Bladed Dive compatible, giving you extra mobility even when you’re not in a fighting kind of mood!
Head to the Patch Notes section for details on all these improvements and more...
Treasure Hunter: Academy of Heroes
Wanna score some new Cosmetic Ability Overrides?
We’ve got a new PvM-themed Treasure Hunter! This time you're levelling up a character and slaying monsters to get their loot! Sounds familiar?
Academy of Heroes offers regular Treasure Hunter Skilling Rewards alongside new Cosmetic Ability Overrides and PvM rewards never seen before in a Treasure Hunter promotion. That’s Aura Refreshes, Life Refreshes, Soul Reaper Refreshes and Item Protection Contracts!
So how does it work? Every Key used will give you a reward and damage the monster. Slaying the monster will then give you three items at the rarity displayed.
Don’t stop there, though, because every Monster you defeat will level you up (capped at 138, of course!) and you'll deal more damage on average with every level. Every 10 levels or so you'll get guaranteed PvM-based rewards, including Deathtouched Darts!
Finally, if that's not enough to tempt you – every single Monster loot drop has the chance to include new tradeable Cosmetic Ability Overrides for Hurricane and Dragonbreath. See them in action below:
Treasure Hunter: Academy of Heroes begins Thursday, July 21st!
Series Launch: Let's Chat About...
Developers open up on topics you care about
Did you catch the launch of our new series last Friday, in partnership with The RS Guy?
Let’s Chat About… is a new video series where we invite a community creator to visit Jagex for extended conversations about some of the design topics you care about the most.
We've made this to show to give you an insight into what we’re thinking right now as we work on future RuneScape updates. It's not all about concrete announcements and commitments, more of an in-progress creative conversation that we hope will enable richer, more open discussions between developers and players.
The first episode took a look at a big, complicated topic – Economy and Death Costs – but in an accessible and informative way! Thanks so much to The RS Guy for helping us unpack this complex subject. Check it out!
Zamorak FashionScape Contest Winners
The style icons of the Summer, are revealed!
Thank you all for the submissions to our recent Zamorakian-themed Fashion Contest! In just a short amount of time we had seen over 500 submissions and after much deliberation, our Panel of JMod Judges has decided on the winners!
Massive congratulations to each of our top three winners!
That's not all, though. While not quite making it to the top three, we had a handful of runners-up who will each win a Bond! In no particular order:
Thank you to everyone who had taking part in this amazing showcase! We'd also like to extend a special thanks to the team over at FashionScape – and our fabulous panel of JMod Judges.
Physical prize winners will be contacted shortly to organize delivery and Bond winners will receive them in-game soon!
Prime Gaming Drop
Grab your Treasure Hunter Keys and more!
Our latest Prime Gaming drop arrives tomorrow!
This month our Prime pals are giving you a Currency Pack, which features:
- 35 Treasure Hunter Keys
- 200 RuneCoins
- An Umbral Chest
Prime Members can grab their goodies from July 19th! Find out more at https://RS.Game/PrimeGaming
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Login and Lobby
- The login and lobby screens' text components have been replaced with TrueType fonts.
- Worldmap icon tooltips for the Archeology excavation site are now split over two columns if there are more than three artefacts or materials, so that they better fit a mobile aspect ratio.
- Leprechauns now confirm successful noting of produce by using items with an infobox.
- Leprechauns and Farmers now remain in place rather than wandering about the farm.
- Farmers now offer items for sale in a Shop rather than through dialogue.
- Farmers now have Pay as their left-click option.
- Instead of three or four entrances to Pyramid Plunder taking you to an empty tomb, all four entrances now take you to the Guardian Mummy.
- Players with 41+ Thieving entering Pyramid Plunder are now sufficiently stealthy to always avoid a random act of violence from its Guardian Mummy (the poor Sarcopha-guy has a tendency to lash out… but he's working on his mummy issues.) This levelling benefit is indicated in the Thieving skillguide.
- Converted various feedback messages in Pyramid Plunder to infoboxes, so you get feedback if your chat is closed.
Bladed Dive and Skilling Tools
- The (Augmented) Crystal Chime/Chisel/Hammer/Knife/Saw/Tinderbox, (Enhanced) Pyro-matic/Hammertron, and Sculpting Chisels of Bandos/Guthix/Saradomin/Seren/Zamorak ALL now allow you to use Bladed Dive, when wielded with Laceration Boots or an appropriate off-hand item.
- Catalyst fragments from Sliske's Endgame now count as an off-hand item for Bladed Dive, similar to other skilling off-hands.
- Fixed a bug that prevented green text about Laceration Boots from appearing in the Bladed Dive tooltip when the ability's wield requirements are met.
- Clarified the Requirements tooltip for the' 2x' icon when Bladed Dive is dragged to the centre of the Powers parent interface.
- The agility obstacles at Het's Oasis are now easier to tap on mobile.
- Wisps now maintain the same clickbox when turning into fountains.
- Bird Snares are now easier to tap on mobile.
- The agility obstacles on Anachronia are now easier to tap on mobile.
Lord of Chaos
- Adjusted Zamorak's common drop table.
- Adjusted the weighting of rares on Zamorak's drop table so players should see bow pieces slightly more often, and chaos roar slightly less often when rolling a rare.
- Players will now be awarded more common loot and higher chances at rare drops for Zamorak when running the Elite Dungeon.
- Any summoned monster during the Zamorakian Undercity Elite Dungeon will now show '(summoned)' on their name, to differentiate between summoned monsters and standard monsters.
- Completing The Zamorkian Undercity Elite Dungeon will now progress Daily Dungeoneering Challenges.
- Please note: Story Mode will NOT count towards your Daily Challenge progress.
- Following feedback, changes have been made to the way group Enrage works for the Zamorakian Undercity encounter:
- Enrage is now shared between groups of 2-5 players, meaning your highest Enrage will be applied to every group size.
- Messaging has been updated at the end of a Zamorak, Lord of Chaos encounter to clearly state the highest Enrage you have achieved.
- Solo Enrage is tracked separately and remains unchanged.
- When you next log in, your Enrages from groups of 2-5 will be looked at by the system and the highest amount will be taken. A chatbox message will appear to inform you of this.
- During the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos fight, if you are within Infernus, you will now hear Zamorak's VO:
- If you are in a solo encounter, you will hear the VO from the Decimate attack.
- If you are in a group encounter, you'll hear all of the VO whilst inside Infernus.
- To avoid any confusion when trying to enter a Zamorakian Undercity Elite Dungeon with loot to claim, the following change has been made:
- A new interface will appear when clicking the chest, allowing players to choose between collecting dungeon loot or boss loot.
- Following feedback, the amount of Reaper kills given out for a Zamorak, Lord of Chaos task has been brought in-line with other Elite Dungeon boss tasks.
- You'll now be asked to kill Zamorak 2-3 times, rather than 1-8.
- If you have Freedom Mode unlocked for the Zamorakian Undercity, using the Zamorak teleport will now place you directly inside the arena, rather than outside the portal.
- Please be aware, if the boss fight has already started, you will not be able to teleport into the arena.
- Added quick chat option for Zamorak kills and highest enrage.
- When wearing the Vestment of Chaos armour set, the buff icon for the Berserk ability will now correctly last for 26 seconds, rather than 20 seconds.
- During the Infernal Tomb mechanic in the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos fight, the Chaos Demon will now spawn in facing east (towards the portal), rather than south.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Zamorak to appear in an incorrect location during phase seven of the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos boss fight.
- The 'Inner Chaos' buff is now cleared after killing Zamorak and teleporting away from the boss arena.
- Whilst in Infernus during the Zamorakian Undercity Elite Dungeon, the 'escape' option on the portals didn't actually do anything! Now, you will be able to leave the dungeon completely, as intended.
- The players will no longer be stalled when Eterna teleports.
- Fixed an issue where wearing the Vestments of Chaos armour would show the incorrect amount of player adrenaline when a piece of the outfit was removed.
- Fixed an issue with clickbox size of the portals within The Zamorakian Undercity.
- Added 'The Worst Witch's Grimoire' requirement for the Master Quest Cape achievement.
- Finding and reading Archaeology Journal - H.F.A now awards the 'Madness and Malediction' achievement.
- Added 'Madness and Malediction' requirement for Master Quest Cape.
- Zamorak, Lord of Chaos is now correctly displayed on the Grim Gem.
- Corrected typo in 'The Zamorakian Undercity' option in the Elite Dungeon Chest teleportation UI.
- Updated visibility of rare drop animation around the player.
- Hotfixed: Fixed an issue where Zamorak's red bar would reset in phase 7 at 1500+ enrage.
- Damage done to Raksha's shield is no longer capped based on Raksha's remaining health.
- Ironmen are now included when sharing drops via group lootshare.
- The Beach: Using the Sunshine ability while attacking and destroying the piñata no longer causes a script error.
- Added the missing 'Activate' option to the remaining auras in the Aura Management interface
- Jellyhead-head will no longer spawn on the water on the Cannonball Run island
- Added a missing Plover Birds teleport option to the Trapper outfits.
- Hydra's Regrowth ability can now be cast on the Trahaearn Tree Patch
- An issue preventing some players from completing Missing, Presumed Death has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Kerapac's Wrist Wraps to appear twice in the Grand Exchange window.
- Fixed an issue where a Dinarrow projectile shot backwards.
- Halved the drop chance of dino eggs from Seggregation and zygomite sporelings from Carestyling.
- Fixed an issue with gathering resources after the Croesus encounter.
- Corrected a few typos during the Desperate Measures quest.
- Fixed an issue with being able to use the Strange Device in the Wilderness.
- Fixed an issue where gathering Fungal Spores from Decaying Varrock guards with the Volcanic Trapper outfit equipped resulted in the player collecting only one piece of Fungal Spores instead of two.
- Fixed an issue where the Collection Log was shown every time the Red and Green Goblin Mail was obtained.
- Changed Arc Journal to no longer work while on the Hefin Agility Course.
- Twisted Jester Walks preview now shows up correctly in the Customisations menu.
In the coming months, RuneScape will no longer support Windows 32-bit builds or graphics cards that do not support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. This change allows us to focus our technical development and testing resources on more commonly-used platforms.
For more information, and to check if your system meets these requirements, head here.
The latest goings-on from our community
u/Dominwin is back at it again, this time casting the Lord of Chaos in beautiful bronze. Exquisite!
@BidoAE has made this wonderful take on the Sword of Edicts. Aren't they fab?
Our very own @Mod Dragon took it into their own hands to get themselves some IRL Gators. Blessed or utterly, utterly cursed? You decide!
u/Intellig8 looking like the hero we need but not the one we deserve. Or whichever way round it is. Definitely looking fierce!
Sir Theodore of Falador getting ready to hold the line against whatever is on the other side of that portal. Rather him than us!
You fight the gods if you want to. Elej is taking it easy!
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Patrick K & Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Monday July 18th, 19:00 Gametime
- World: 123
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
- FC: Patrick K
Nex - Angel of Death
- Hosted by: Spotleewolf & Nexaodmass
- Date/Time: Friday July 22nd, 23:00 Gametime
- World: 92
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Nexaodmass
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Saturday July 23rd, 20:00 Gametime
- World: 88
- Location: The Heart of Gielinor - Sliske Lobby
- FC: Boss Guild
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
Shining a little light onto community events and activities
Official RuneScape Discord
It has been two weeks since Zamorak launched, and we have had a blast watching you all taking on the Lord of Chaos. We want to give you the opportunity to display your Zamorak achievements out-of-game as well as in-game, and to flex your PvM prowess in our official Discord!
Post in the #zamorak-clears channel proof of 100% and 1000% Enrage to earn exclusive roles and icons in the server!