Itís Game Jam this week, so keep an eye on socials to see what the J-Mods are up to!
September Game Jam
If it's made with citrus fruits it's a marmalade...
Our regular Game Jams give our J-Mods the chance to spend a week exploring personal projects, community suggestions, and other exciting ideas. Keep an eye out on social media this week to catch a glimpse of some of the projects that are in the works!
Like previous projects we aim to give you all an update on how things went next week!
Please note that everything shown is subject to internal reviews, scheduling and testing processes. While these projects may appear complete in places, all Game Jam projects take a significant amount of additional work to implement - not all Game Jam projects shown may make it into the game, and we can't offer a timeline or guarantees of Game Jam content releases.
Prime Gaming Drop
Grab you September goodies!
Our latest Prime Gaming drop has arrived! This month our Prime pals are giving you seven days of Membership plus a Deathtouched Dart and five Large Prismatic Lamps.
Prime Members can grab their goodies until October 10th. Find out more at https://RS.Game/PrimeGaming.
Oh, and if you haven't picked up your Prime rewards for August - that's a Currency Pack and an Umbral Chest - remember that theyíre still available till September 27th!
Treasure Hunter Calendar
What's up next?
The events mentioned below also includes the tradeable tokens of the Faceless Enforcer Walk Override and the Hedge Teleport as Ultra-Rare prizes!
Starts September 19th | Ends September 20th | Rainbows End
What can be found at the end of the Rainbow? Lamps, Stars and Rainbow themed items of course!
Starts September 21st | Ends September 25th | Vault of Riches
The Vault of Riches is set to open once more... and with it, your chance to grab the Hall of Fame Walk Override! Plus, the new rewards system means youíre guaranteed certain rewards from the vaults in a set number of chests (if you don't already own them).
Such as an untradeable version of the Hall of Fame walk within your first Diamond Chest!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Cleaned up & reorganized a number of damage buffs to work in a more consistent manner.
- Note: This will have changed the order of operations for a number of buffs, and will likely act as a slight buff for magic/ranged/melee, as the majority of buffs have been grouped after potion stat boosts (apologies as your PVM calculators will need retuning)!
- Reworked a number of damage buffs that previously only affected 'random damage' to affect all damage.
- Previously effects like the Slayer Helmet claimed to boost damage by 12.5%, but due to how this was applied, they actually boosted damage anywhere from 1% up to 12%, These effects have been reworked and rebalanced to consistently buff damage by a fixed amount:
- Slayer helm (Rebalanced from 12.5% random damage to 7.5% total at the lowest tier, 9.5% at the highest tier).
- Genocidal (Rebalanced from 7% random damage to 5% total damage when fully stacked).
- Fort Forinthry guardhouse buff(values remain the same, changed from random to total damage).
- Revenge (Rebalanced from 10% random damage per stack to 5% total damage per stack).
- Spendthrift (values remain the same, random damage changed to total damage).
- The examine texts of Protean Planks and Protean Logs have been updated to better reflect how they work.
- The Required Items description for the Unwelcome Guests quest has been corrected.
- Fixed an issue in the first dream of Dead and Buried where a player could not progress because of quickly moving between adjacent pressure pads.
- All fletched items that are nonspecific to quests or promos now have Fletching XP buffs applied.
- The execute chance that was part of the Tier 3 Guardhouse perk was affecting the Hobgoblin Geomancer and Unholy Cursebearer bosses. This has been corrected.
- Additional options to disable Hero Pass messages are now available in the settings.
- Removed the on-login popup for the Hero Pass.
- Skill guide entries for Necromancy prayers were updated - Hand of Judgement and Decay prayers no longer say they require level 10 in Necromancy.
- Metamorphosis correctly applies magic damage boosts to all elemental forms.
- Necromancy Runes and Ectoplasm can now be taken into Castle Wars.
- Fixed an issue where occasionally Glyphs may not be recognised for the active ritual.
- Sitting on benches anywhere now triggers rest.
- Sitting on stools in the City of Um now triggers rest too. Ahh!
- A new Necromancy gameplay settings option has been added, which ensures the highest tier communion item is automatically placed on the pedestal from focus storage, rather than continuing to use the already-selected item.
- Fixed an animation issue with the waterfall Agility shortcut east of Shilo Village.
- The 'Limber Lumber Jumper' Elite Fremennik achievement no longer requires Defence and Constitution.
- The elements on the ribbon bar now correctly expand and collapse when hovering over them with the mouse cursor.
- Empty large Rune pouches and grasping Rune pouches can no longer be equipped via the Bank.
- Fixed an issue with the Agoroth boss fight - in some cases the player could be killed by a tentacle attack in phase 1 after defeating all the tentacles - and in phase 2 after defeating the main boss. This has been corrected.
- Fixed an issue where Agoroth tentacle attack rate was not being set correctly in the boss's second phase. Tentacles now attack more frequently during phase 2.
- The Arch-Glacor Collection Log will now correctly check if it's complete when crafting any of the weapons.
- You can now take the shorter path between River Lum and the wheat farm.
- Removed an unecessary forcewalk tile in the Slayer Tower.
- Converted the magic carpet ride in the Jack of Spades quest to use the activity override system of the Stormguard wing suit and Um gondolas, to standardise safety checks.
- The Demon Hunter Bow no longer appears in the Wardrobe interface when the filter is set to 'Spears'.
- An appropriate message is now displayed in the chat when using the Agility shortcut connecting the Tree Gnome Stronghold and the Barbarian Outpost.
- Dismantling a Cramulet without having the required Inventory space no longer gives a placeholder message.
- Volatile Clay Hammers and Fletching Knives can no longer be equipped from the Bank to the character's hand.
- The Re-Roll Token (Master)'s destroy message has been updated - it was previously saying it could be bought from Zaida, which it can't!
- Fixed a typo in the broadcast message you get when receiving a Magma Tempest Ability Codex from TzKal-Zuk.
- Fixed an issue that was showing a wrong dosage amount for the antipoison potions within the Herblore skillguide.
- The price checker now correctly shows the Alchemy value for Headless Arrows on Ironman accounts.
- Your magic carpet is no longer invisible when flying to Menaphos during the Jack of Spades quest.
- Fixed an issue where the taget panel moved to the top of the screen with the Legacy Interface Mode activated.
- Fixed an issue where Bagrada Rex changed color after being defeated.
- Players no longer require a Bank pin to clear Nastroth's reminder that a week has elapsed since they requested a skill reset.
- The Dive and Bladed Dive abilities are always displayed in the Ability Book once unlocked.
- Fixed an issue that meant the Icefiends within the God Wars Dungeon were set to level 1. They are now level 84 as intended.
- Fixed an issue that flipped the 'Sheath/Unsheath' option when using an Eldritch Crossbow.
- Fixed an issue causing the Off-hand Drygore Longsword (Soul) and the Off-hand Drygore Longsword (Soul)(Broken) models to be switched.
- Movement abilities (surge, escape, and dive/bladed dive) no longer incorrectly reset each other's cooldown if either a powerburst of acceleration or the 'Overcharged' buff from Pthentraken is active.
- The colours of the 1-dose Holy Aggroverload potion have been fixed.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Patrick K & Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Monday September 18th, 19:00 Game Time
- World: 123
- What: Gregorovic
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
- FC: Patrick K
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Dung Titan
- Date/Time: Saturday September 23rd, 13:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Dung Titan
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted by: Princess Rae
- Date/Time: Saturday September 23rd, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock West Bank
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. Thereís sure to be something youíll enjoy!