It’s like Christmas come early: the final quest of the year lands today, and the new winter Yak Track is here too! Here’s everything you need to know.
New Quest: Succession
The Legacy of Zamorak storyline concludes
This is it – the final quest of 2022. It’s time for Succession!
This adventure closes out the Legacy of Zamorak storyline. Team up with Adrasteia and help her track down Bilrach before he completes his ritual and becomes unstoppable!
Conquer this quest and you'll get access to the mobility heaven that is the Dive ability – an alternative version of Bladed Dive that can be used by all combat styles in any situation where you can't currently use that classic move.
You’ll also earn a host of XP rewards and the final Infernal Puzzle Box upgrade!
To begin your quest, speak with Adrasteia in Falador.
- Daughter of Chaos Quest completed.
- Infernal Puzzle Box Tier 5 unlocked (i.e. you’ve completed Civil War miniquests I-III).
- 60 Mining and Smithing.
Yak Track: The Winter Trials
Including new Yak Track Shop
Our latest Yak Track lands today, packed with new winter-themed cosmetics and bonuses! Either optimise your play through task chasing, or simply reap rewards for your usual activities with ‘skill and chill’ tasks at every level!
Get your mitts on some ice-cool rewards including combat overrides, frosty pets, Fremennik and Mahjarrat-themed cosmetics and more.
This time we’re also introducing a brand-new currency – just the thing to spend in the equally shiny new Yak Track Shop!
Earn Yak Coins every five tasks and from repeatable end tasks. Then head to the new shop and browse every cosmetic item from Yak Track 2 to Yak Track 10! This new store is your one-stop shop for all things Yak, so all existing Yak Track items in the Oddments Store will be moving here too.
Got all the retro swag you needed the first time? There are alternative versions of some of the new cosmetics and XP boosts that you can pick up there too.
Remember, Coins expire one week after the Track finishes, so make sure you use them up!
Yak Track: The Winter Trials runs from today until Jan 29th.
December 6th on limited worlds
We're conducting some planned maintenance to local game world servers in Las Vegas and Sydney on December 6th.
Worlds based in Las Vegas and Sydney will be offline from 11:00 Game Time, with work planned for approximately 5 hours.
No other worlds will be offline, and no other disruptions are expected.
Daily keys and a special cosmetic override!
Have you been opening your doors yet? Remember that you get a free Key each time, so it’s well worth keeping your daily appointment. And on top of that, opening 15 doors this month will get you the Portable Snowfall Aura override!
20 more days to go…
Fresh Start Worlds Week 11
Just five weeks left
Here's this week's XP rates and bonuses:
- Changed from last week: +100% XP (skills below level 70).
- Changed from last week: +50% XP (skills above level 70).
- Continuation of Free Deaths.
- 20% chance to double a monster or boss drop.
- 40% chance to double gathered materials.
- Tier 5 Auras unlocked.
- +100% Accuracy in combat.
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Players will receive a one-off Daily Challenge Reward Box the first time they log in. More details here.
- Plant Power configuration now works with the Trollheim herb patch.
- Damage and accuracy tooltips on objects now use numerical separators.
- The Healer role at Barbarian Assault will once again be rewarded the correct type of points.
- Fixed an issue that prevented completion of the ‘Staff on Stryke’ achievement.
- The Tome of XP awarded for completing the Branches of Darkmeyer quest no longer halves the amount of Invention XP received.
- Players will now approach the cliff side on the Wilderness Agility Course in a sensible manner.
- Fixed an issue that allowed player to bypass building a whirligig flower basket.
- Removed force-walk tiles next to the Grand Exchange.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Spirit Tree’s Grand Exchange teleport to place the player inside Christmas presents. You’re a gift, but not like that…
- The clipping and animation issues for Crux Eqal robes have been fixed.
- Updated login and lobby to support the Jagex Launcher.
- Moved a couple of gargoyles near the furnace in the ruins east of the Wilderness crater who had a tendency to disrupt smelting.
- Kolodion, master of the Mage Arena, now has a spine capable of bending.
- The Persistent Rage relic now generates adrenaline when outside of combat, as the infernal puzzle box prevents adrenaline drain when outside of combat.
- When your adrenaline is full, an activated adrenaline urn now stores adrenaline generated by the Persistent Rage relic.
- The Escape and Surge abilities now require 30 Agility instead of 30 Ranged and Magic respectively, so that movement abilities do not require combat skills.
- Winter is coming and Mod Blkwitch has been up to snow good in the frozen north of the deep wilderness. She's also updated the Mage Arena inside and out.
- Mahjarrat ritual markers have been graphically updated.
- The soul altar and Magister's boss arena maps have had a lighting improvement pass.
- Added an I've Got a Little List (of Miniquests) meta achievement in the Lore category, which requires all miniquests in the Quest List.
- Completionist cape and master quest cape now require this miniquest achievement, instead of each listing individual miniquest achievements. This is to ensure comp and MQC consistently require all quests and miniquests.
- Consequently removed these miniquests from the trimmed completionist cape, since it requires the completionist cape which requires this miniquest meta achievement which requires these miniquests: Desert Slayer Dungeon, Sheep Shearer, Tales of Nomad, Tales of the God Wars, Witch's Potion.
- As there's already a meta achievement for Fremennik Sagas (Bridge over Fremmy Waters), also moved it into the Lore category.
- The Chef's Assistant quest is now listed alphabetically in the Quest Cape requirements. Also removed "A", "The" prefixes from various miniquest achievement names so that they're unambiguously alphabetised.
- Renamed the miniquest achievement Benedict's World Tour, Part 2 to Benedict's World Tour (miniquest) to match all the other miniquests listed in I've Got a Little List (of Miniquests).
- The Twilight of the Gods achievement now uses the Twilight of the Gods quest icon, rather than the City of Senntisten quest icon.
- Created a Legacy of Zamorak season in the Quest Series sort.
- Since they require Extinction, added Twilight of the Gods and the Aftermath miniquest to the end of the Elder God Wars quest series.
- We've removed the Difficulty field from the quest overview screen and quest sort. Quest lists sorted by difficulty on login should change to the Timeline sort.
- Dev note : When developing quests, we place them in a difficulty bracket solely due to their skill requirements (eg our definition of a Grandmaster is that it has 80+ skill requirements). But difficulty is subjective; each player has a unique definition of what makes a quest Grandmaster, Intermediate, etc (length, combat difficulty, required quests, story relevance, position in a questline or season, rewards, etc). We've since added various methods to sort your quest list, including Timeline (which incorporates these difficulty brackets), Length, Combat Difficulty, etc, allowing you to make an informed decision of what matters most to you in deciding a quest's relative difficulty.
- Added a Wilderness category to the Starting Area quest sort, and moved these (mini)quests to it:
- Enter the Abyss
- Spirit of Summer
- Summer's End
- Civil War II
- Civil War III
- Removed a double space from quest reward text of choose-a-skill XP lamps that display the lamp's XP in parentheses.
Engine Patch Notes
- Optimised performance on Intel HD 2000/3000 series and ATI 4000 series
- Fixed app restarting when logging in or minimising the app on Android 12
- Fix for various AMD issues:
- Volumetric lighting now works on AMD GPUs with MSAA, which was broken in driver version 22.7.1
- Client no longer crashes on shutdown on AMD GPUs, which started to occur on driver version 22.7.1
- Known AMD issues:
- Anisotropic filtering still causes visual artefacts. Players can fix this by turning it off in graphics options and turning it on via the AMD driver software
- Various refraction effects are broken when using uncompressed textures with the latest AMD drivers. Switching back to compressed textures will fix the issue
- Known Issue:
- ‘Play’ button text is truncated partially on some Android and iOS devices, this will be resolved with Mondays content update. Monday’s update will also add player display name text to the Play button.
- Various fixes to support Android SDK update
- Fixed an issue with shadows being incorrect for some models
- Fixed some terrains not casting shadows
- Improved point light shadows on high and ultra quality
- Corrected lighting in several area
The latest goings-on from our community
Wondering if the updates to Dragon weapons are the new meta? @ProtoxxGaming has you covered.
@WazzyRS showcasing some of their adventures chasing down boss loot and blood runes!
@YakkiRS giving us a little tour of the end of the FSW Competitive period and their last levels gained in it.
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Patrick K & Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Monday December 5th, 19:00 Game Time
- World: 123
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
- FC: Patrick K
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Dung Titan
- Date/Time: Friday December 9th, 15:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: Armadyl Lobby Gwd1
- FC: Dung Titan
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Dung Titan
- Date/Time: Sunday December 11th, 18:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: Waterbirth Dungeon lobby
- FC: Dung Titan
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!