Rituals and Racing, Necromancy is out and players have been getting in touch with their inner soul!
Necromancy is (a)Live!
With the launch of Necromancy, we had not only RuneScape's 29th skill but its 4th combat style and it has been an absolute blast! From the dedicated racers to the cinematic photographers, Necromancy has had players sprinting all around, taking part in quests, rituals and epic combat encounters and we have loved watching everyone's adventures and escapades!
Here are just some of the fantastic things that have come out of the skill already!
From watching a heatmap of players' first hours in Um
To a visualization of the race to 99
To the many beautiful screenshots of Um and its surroundings.
We have enjoyed every minute of it and are looking forward to seeing what you all will come up with next!
The Journey Continues
As we mentioned in the Journey Begins blog, the launch is just the beginning of the skill. We will continue to work on iterating on the skill going forward with the players helping to shape what is to come in the future.
We have our new weekly update blog coming each Friday to let you all know what is on the radar and to give a heads up on changes coming your way, we have also dedicated this whole month to focus firmly on working with you to make Necromancy even better!
World's First Race
The races to 99 and 120 are complete!
With the new skill came a new race to the top of the leaderboards and players have not disappointed. With blazing speeds and "something something something" a dedicated few players have already reached 99 and 120 in Necromancy!
We would first like to congratulate "Balletje", the first to reach 99 in just under 25 hours
and "Its Dave" for being the first to reach 120 in a staggeringly quick 71 hours and 21 minutes!
The race has been a wonderful showing of community spirit and the racers determination!
Pretty fly for a wight guy
With Necromancy in full swing and players getting their hands on the upgradable necromancer outfits, it's time to think fashion!
The Necromancy Founder Pack offers you cosmetic rewards that will get you on-theme for Necromancy, including the Death Shroud Cape, Rivers of Souls Aura, Solace Companion Pet and three exclusive titles!
Better yet if you are on the fence about kickstarting your Necromancy journey and don't have Membership you can grab the Founder Pack and a month of Membership for just £12.99 / €14.99 / $14.99!
*Founder Pack + 1 Month Membership bundle for non-members only. This is a recurring membership package. Subscription will renew automatically at $12.49 / £8.99 / €10.99. See the Cancel Subscription Support Page for how to cancel.
**Founder Pack + 1 Month Membership offer price valid until 31st December 2023 - normally $22.48 / £17.98 / €20.98
Prime Gaming August
This month's Prime Gaming drop contains an Umbral Chest and a Currency Pack, containing 35 Keys and 200 RuneCoins. Unfortunately due to a unforeseen issues we have had to postpone the launch of this months Prime Gaming Bundle, we will update players on it's new launch date as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay.
Wednesday August 16th | 16:00 Game Time | Necromancy Skill, Chill & Chats
The candles are lit and the mood is set, Mod Doom & Mod Spear will be joined by members of the Necromancy team as they dive into the skill and the City of Um. Watch the show live on Twitch.TV/RuneScape.
Treasure Hunter Calendar
What's up next?
Starts August 10th | Ends August 16th | Solstice Showdown
Battle against the Solar and Lunar Inquisitors to earn their new Inquisitor armour! Collect sigils from the defeated knights for the chance to unlock the new Boulder pet or the Running Scared Walk Override!
Starts August 17th | Ends August 21st | Tinkerer's Trail
Collect Curios to modify multipliers in the Tinkerer's workshop and stack up modifiers for massive multipliers all the way up to x8!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Necromancy - Hotfixes
- When depleted and relogging, the multiply I glyph should no longer work until it has been repaired.
- Unpowered necromantic seals will now drop as expected during the Tier 90 equipment upgrade task, for those with maximum reputation.
- TzKal-Zuk can now be killed in hard mode as intended.
- Tweaked the amount of XP gained from Ritual random events.(This update was added on Wednesday August 9th)
- Necromancer's tome of experience are no longer deposited inside the ritual reward chest - they instead go directly to your inventory or the floor.
- Capped the types of random events that can spawn for T1, T2 and T3 rituals."
- The Praseul Codex no longer gets removed from the players' inventory if they select 'Cancel' when unlocking prayers.
- The broadcast regarding the maximum virtual level now includes Necromancy.
- The Bonecrusher will now crush all selected bone types.
- The Ankou, that drops the Ankou residue, will no longer reward XP when killed.
- The 'Hardened Kal-Zuk' cape is no longer lost on death.
- The 'Animated drumsticks' from Hermod have had their drop rate tweaked in order to give it a higher drop chance the more boss kills you have
- The '200M XP in all skills' broadcast no longer ignores Necromancy.
- Rasial is now poison-immune.
- Ghost Wall now deals damage when a player is hit by the ability.
- Fixed Double Dragon Chests from giving out Last Wills and instead exchanged them for oddments.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from having a chance at getting 'Necromancer's Flippers' if they clicked out of dialogue with Kili.
- Fixed an issue that prevented affected players from being able to complete the 'Tomes of the Warlock' quest as they could not hand in all 4 books.
- Eating a ghostly sole no longer causes an error message.
- Divine Locations and Fires can no longer be placed down within the City of Um ritual site.
- Challenge gems can no longer be placed in the ritual site.
- Telos's fragment of anima will now drop at your feet.
- Added in a 'watch cutscene' or 'skip cutscene' option when entering the City of Um for players who are experiencing long wait times via a black screen.
Necromancy - General
- You can no longer teleport whilst sitting on a bench.
- You can no longer wear a bedsheet whilst sitting on a bench."
- XP Lamps rewarded after completing City of Um Area tasks can now be used on the Necromancy skill. Players that have already claimed the rewards can reclaim the lamps by speaking to a Task Master.
- A popup will now appear after levelling to level 30 Necromancy, explaining alteration glyphs.
- A popup will now appear after levelling to level 60 Necromancy, explaining larger ritual sites.
- When hovering over the input items in the ritual selection interface, a tooltip will now display the amount you have in your focus storage, and in your backpack.
- If you have none of the same focus object left, the highest tier focus object will now be placed on the pedestal after finishing a ritual, rather than the lowest.
- A new Necromancy gameplay settings option has been added, which will allow ritual output to be sent to the focus storage, rather than the ritual chest.
- Equipment upgrade boss drops are now being correctly rewarded to party members who do Necromancy damage to the required bosses.
- Glyphs are no longer changing to uncovered state after tutorial dialog to clean them, allowing the player to dust mounds and progress, Additionally previously effected mounds are reset after tutorial dialog to dusty state.
- A message is now output in the chatbox when a focus object is used from the focus storage.
- A message is now output in the chatbox when a focus object is removed from the pedestal.
- A message is now output in the chatbox when a ritual is completed, detailing the rewards.
- Equipment upgrade screen now defaults to highest uncomplete tier.
- If upgrading to T70 + will default to power if unlocked
- The 'Living Death' ability now works with 'Dive' and 'Bladed Dive'
- When cooking Ghost Sole, it now correctly cycles through all Ghost Sole in the players' inventory.
- Using Netty's death certificate and will on a Ghost banker tells the player they have banked it and the quest journal mentions this as well.
- Typos in Kili Row and That Old Black Magic dialogue have been fixed.
- The Spirit of War' will now appear in the quests list as 'Spirit of War, The' in order to be consistent with other quests.
- The spacebar will now consistently work to select a ritual in the ritual selection interface.
- The Dragonfire shield (necromancy) will now correctly augment into an augmented version.
- Reapplied the damage buff from stat boosting (this will apply for all styles excluding necromancy) whilst the team looks at a more elegant replacement for the system. This includes Overloads.
- Rasial's equipment will now be correctly augmented when using augmentors.
- Players using legacy combat mode who logged in after Necromancy went live did not have legacy mode hit splats shown during combat. This has now been fixed.
- Placing a 'Conjure' ability at the start of your revolution bar will no longer prevent other abilities on your bar from being triggered.
- Once Upon a time in Gielinor quest scarecrow spot has been moved for better player access.
- "Omen is now recognized for Jack of All Blades to be completed.
- Omen is now recognised for Master of All to be completed."
- My Zombie Can Beat Up Your Zombie' achievement from the City of Um Medium Task Set has now been changed to 'My Undead Can Beat Up Your Undead' and the requirements for completing it have been updated.
- My Skeleton Can Beat Up Your Skeleton' and 'My Undead Can Beat Up Your Undead' City of Um Area Task achievements are now easier to complete for high-level players.
- Listless dead NPC moved to be more accessible by the players.
- Kili will now prompt the player to check their ritual chest if they've already ensouled her tools.
- "Kili will no longer let you reclaim the inert necromantic crystal if you have already gained the pulsating onyx.
- Kili will no longer let you reclaim the Ankou agitator if you have already gained the Ankou residue."
- Duplicate skill guide entries for the regular and greater ritual candles have been combined into one.
- Boneshield was overriding the shield level for the skill Barricade, the skill now has the correct duration
- Attacking Rock Slugs with a conjure summoned will no longer instantly despawn your conjure.
- All methods of healing have reduced effectiveness by 25% when holding Black crystal (reduced healing).
- A message will now appear in the player's chatbox when a ritual disturbance spawns.
- Fixed an issue where cutscene playback would freeze if there were no audio outputs available.
- Fixed an issue causing Aurora dye and the Aura, Bohr and Polaris pets to appear as a solid colour.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Dung Titan
- Date/Time: Monday August 14th, 16:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: Exiled Kalphite Hive
- FC: Dung Titan
Nex - Angel of Death
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Friday August 18th, 20:00 Game Time
- World: 88
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Boss Guild
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted by: Princess Rae
- Date/Time: Saturday August 19th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock West Bank
- FC: Patrick K
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!