Happy new year ‘Scapers! It may still be cold and dark outside, but the arrival of 2022 means a fresh start and a brighter outlook. What better way to celebrate than by helping transform the old Duel Arena into the brand-dazzling-new Het’s Oasis?
The Duel Arena's transformation begins!
An earthquake has destroyed the Duel Arena. Icthlarin is down amidst the ruins, sent there by Seren to fetch a powerful object that could help them in Senntisten. Now he needs your help to explore the foreboding edifice of Het's Tomb. What ancient secrets lie within?
This thrilling new miniquest is just one of the delights that await you in our brand-new skilling hub, Het’s Oasis!
Starting from today, we’re inviting you to take part in Oasis Restoration, a two-week temporary event where YOUR activity brings the new area to life! Skill and earn individual and community rewards, including cosmetics and drop rate enhancers for the Elder God Wars Dungeon, and help transform the former Duel Arena ruins into a plentiful desert paradise.
The restoration event is temporary, but Het’s Oasis is a permanent new area for Gielinor, offering a continuation of the Elder God Wars saga and lots of fun activities to boost your XP and earn rewards.
Visit from today and take part in the new permanent mini-quest (Eye of Het I) and three new skilling methods: an Agility course, Hunter method and Farming method (with new rewards for each)! You’ll find the Oasis just east of Lumbridge and north of Al Kharid.
Full event details here: https://rs.game/HetsOasis
Golden Party Hat Hunt
Make your Phats before it's too late!
The Golden Party Hat Hunt is officially over! No more shards can be earned at this point, apart from the Yak Track and Premier Club shards, which can be gained up until January 17th. If you've managed to grab eight of ‘em by now, you'll be ready to make your Golden Party Hat!
You must craft your hat by January 17th – after that your shards will dissolve forever! Talk to the Wise Old Man now and he’ll help you turn all your hard work into the most resplendent headgear in all of Gielinor.
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- The discount percentage in the Oddment Store is now properly displayed over the discounted items instead of just a 'buy' sign.
- An issue occurred where every lap completed on the Hefin Agility Course was counted twice for Daily Challenges. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed an issue with storing and equipping augmented items via the Bank.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from progressing the Darkness of Hallowvale quest.
- Fixed an issue where some players would not be able to receive Daily Challenges.
- (Hotfixed) Ironman Players will now receive the Yak Track Golden Party Hat shard even if they had already claimed the rewards for Tier 15 before they gained their Membership status
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here’s our pick for this week:
PMod PvM Event - Gregorovic
Get to bossing with PMods and the Pink Skirts!
- Hosted by: M e r c y and Helpscape
- Date/Time: Wednesday January 5th at 12:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: God Wars Dungeon – Ancient Prison
- FC: Helpscape
If that doesn't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!