Dragon trinkets are this weekend's new arrival on Treasure Hunter. Bear these magical artefacts and become a fire-breather's bane!
These stackable items sit in your necklace slot or inventory and have a range of functions, which are useful while fighting chromatic dragons**. They can:
- Pick up and note dragon bones and hides.
- Give Slayer XP on kills – no Slayer assignment necessary, but stacks with any assignment you do have.
- Draconic deathblows - 5% chance per hit to instantly kill dragons above 80% life points, with an awesome new animation. This works on any chromatic dragon, except the KBD and QBD.
- Teleport to dragon locations.
The first three of the above activate automatically, whenever applicable. The teleports are activated by right-clicking your trinkets.
The four functions each consume varying numbers of trinkets from your stack:
- Each item type (bones or hides) picked up and noted per kill consumes 1 trinket. So 1 for each baby dragon, and 2 for each adult – including brutal green dragons and the KBD. This does not apply for the QBD.
- Each baby dragon killed with a deathblow consumes 1, and each adult 2. The KBD and QBD cannot be instantly killed with trinkets.
- The additional Slayer XP consumes 1 per dragon, with the exception of brutal greens (3), the KBD (10) and the QBD (15). Slayer XP given is relative to the power of the dragon killed.
- All teleports consume 5 trinkets.
This weekend's your best chance to load up on dragon trinkets – open those chests, and tool up for your next dragon slaying adventure!
The RuneScape Team
*Not available on Ironman accounts.
**That's green, blue, red and black dragons – both baby and adult – as well as the King Black Dragon and Queen Black Dragon.
Any questions on dragon trinkets, or Treasure Hunter in general? Head to the Varrock Tea Stall on World 26 at 14:00 UTC, 15th May, when Mods Obeith and Jon will be in-game to take your questions. Join the Mod Event chat channel and ask away.
What is Treasure Hunter?
Playing Treasure Hunter is simple – click the treasure chest icon that pops up when you log in. If you've not played before, just follow the on-screen guide.
If you'd like more, you can also buy Keys on the website, or by clicking 'Buy Keys' within the Treasure Hunter interface in-game.