Free-to-play areas get a makeover this week, and we've got fab rewards for Prime members. Read on for all the deets!
Graphical Updates: Free To Play Areas
A visual refresh for free-to-play areas
In our mission to keep Gielinor gorgeous, we’re giving the free-to-play locations a graphical update!
We'll let Mod Blkwitch explain:
During our last gamejam, Mod Alex and I looked at giving a large part of the free-to-play area a visual refresh. The graphical inconsistency in RuneScape is an ongoing issue, but giving even one city a full rework would take a multi-disciplinary team months to pull off. I wanted to go for a more lightweight approach with this project: get those easy, big wins like updating the lighting, changing the terrain, and swapping out the spiky grass for new foliage.
It's by no means a total rework, but with projects like this, we can slowly bring more consistency to the overall look of the game. I'm hopeful that this leads to more smaller reworks that over time bring the game up to the visual standard we all want to see. We hope you like it!
Check out the environmental touch-ups at the following locations:
- Archaeology Guild
- Barbarian Village
- Draynor Manor
- Entrance to Al-Kharid
- Falador (lighting update only)
- Goblin Village
- Grand Exchange
- Ice Mountain
- Lumber Yard
- Lumbridge Crater
And here’s what we’ve done:
- Improved textures
- Improved lighting
- Updated Skyboxes
- Updated and added blocking where needed
- Updated grass and foliage
This month's goodies for Prime members
Once again our friends at Prime Gaming have some fantastic rewards for you!
Coming next week, the latest drop gives you 7 days of Membership and a bountiful Prime Package, containing:
1 Deathtouched Dart
5 Prismatic Lamps
2 Aura Refreshes
5 Pulse Cores
1 monthly D&D reset
Prime Members can grab their goodies from September 13th! Find out more at https://RS.Game/PrimeGaming
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Wilderness Ruleset Changes
- Mandrith's special slayer task has been updated, no longer requiring slaying green and blue dragons, fire giants, gargoyles and greater demons. Taking their place are Acheron Mammoths, Greater Demon Ash Lords or Berserkers, Hydrix dragons, Ripper demons and Soulgazers
- Moved Tetracompass excavation location, due to monsters preventing excavation.
- Fixed an issue where an Elite Clue Scroll couldn't be completed in the volcano area.
- Killing Abyssal Lords and Savages in the Wilderness now only decrease the relevant Slayer task count by one.
- Updated the Greater Demons:
- Poison and Stun effects can be applied on Greater Demons and their stats have been changed.
- Implemented a drop table for Greater Demon Ash Lord and Berserkers.
- The special effect on Greater Demons in the Zamorakian Undercity has been removed from Greater Demons in the Wilderness.
- Magic damage type is now displayed instead of a melee icon for Deathbreath and Firebelly's attacks.
- The flinching effect in Deathbreath and Firebelly's attack animations has been decreased.
Daughter of Chaos
- Prevented familiars from being taken into Moia gameplay sections.
- It's no longer possible to enter Moia's memories while poisoned, as it would break some animations.
- Moia gameplay has been adjusted for a smoother experience while playing as her.
- Fixed an issue at the Livid Farm where newer seeds were planted incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where Fury and Frenzy's damage over time would not increase when used with Greater Barge's effect.
- The player will no longer be disconnected from the game when looting the Arch Glacor under certain circumstances.
- The Slayer assignment kill count no longer gets stuck at one kill.
- Fixed an issue where the player was teleported outside the Masuta boss arena in certain situations.
- Ironman groups with lootshare enabled now receive loot from the Raksha boss.
- The Invention skill level is now restored upon death.
- Players who have unlocked Cresbot will no longer get an additional Cresbot when using a Most Wanted (Automaton) card.
- Fixed Deathtouched Darts not instakilling NPCs with the Enfeeble debuff.
- Buying an item from the Grand Exchange after teleporting to the Max Guild no longer causes the Combat Spells interface to appear over other right-side interfaces.
- Fixed an issue causing items to be lost on claim in Yak Track.
- Fixed a disconnect when unequipping Bow Of The Last Guardian while casting Ricochet.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Mega Duck Hunt
- Hosted by: Steve20058 & Mega Duck
- Date/Time: Wednesday September 7th, 20:00 Gametime
- World: 39
- Location: Falador Park
- FC: Mega Duck
Vorago Boss Mass
- Hosted by: M E R C Y & Dung Titan
- Date/Time: Saturday September 10th, 13:00 Gametime
- World: 35
- Location: Vorago Borehole
- FC: Dung Titan
- Hosted by: Lady Spyra, Michael Silk, and Fast SC
- Date/Time: Saturday September 10th, 22:00 Gametime
- World: 99
- Location: Stealing Creation Lobby
- FC: Fast Sc
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!