This week in RuneScape, everyone’s least favourite cult have attached themselves to the Elder Gods – play the newest Yak Track to see how that works out for them… In the meantime, we have the usual selection of changes and fixes in the Patch Notes, all the most exciting goings-on in the Community, and more!
Yak Track: Path of the Creators
Discover First Age Secrets and earn epic rewards!
The Yak Track is yak back! From now until October 3rd, you can get your hands on loads of Elder Gods-themed cosmetics and pets in what promises to be the best Yak Track yet! We're offering a 25% XP boost in all skills for the first time ever, more skilling and killing tasks, and loads of new lore tasks to sink your teeth into.
This time though, all is not well in the world of Gielinor. Johanhus Ulsbrecht, leader of the dangerous Humans Against Monsters cult, has found a new ideology to latch onto – that of the great and terrible Elder Gods. This time, you won’t just be completing tasks and earning great rewards – you’ll also find out what Johanhus is up to! Can you put a stop to it before things get out of hand?
Among the rewards available you’ll find something totally new: the ‘Unwinged Harbinger of Jas’ and ‘Unwinged Harbinger of Wen’ titles. Should you prefer your rewards winged, you’ll also be able to take home the awe-inspiring Drakes of Wen and Jas, which can be seen swooping around menacingly in this section’s banner.
At Tier 50, you'll unlock the stylish Wen Neophyte's Outfit on the Free Track, and the terrifying Drake of Jas on the Premium Track, along with a huge selection of boosts, Oddments, Deathtouched Darts and a Protean Pack.
Don't forget, you can unlock the Premium Track at any time by purchasing a Premier Pass for just 2 Bonds! You'll get access to all the most awesome rewards, plus everything you would have unlocked so far - it's a real deal! If you're a Premier Club member, you'll already have access to the Premium Track for free - and if not, you can always pick up Premier Club in our scorching hot Summer Sale!
Before you get started, please have a read through the changes for this iteration of the Yak Track:
Skill & Kill Tasks
Path of the Creators has more skill and kill tasks than ever before – so it’s easier than ever to play your way and reap those sweet rewards.
You’ll also have more chances to earn Marks of War, so this is a great opportunity to try the Elder God Wars Dungeon bosses if you haven’t already. Warm up with Kerapac, and then test your skills against the mighty Arch-Glacor next week!
Those of you on the Premier Track have an extra surprise in store – a 25% XP buff once you reach Tier 50! This is acquired 1% at a time for every five tasks completed up to Tier 45, and then goes up by another 16% at Tier 50 to make a total of 25%. You’ll be able to see your total on the Buff Bar.
Please note that this feature is only available to members and does not apply to Ironman accounts.
The following have been converted into ‘Gain XP’ type tasks:
Archaeology tasks will now always be 'Gain XP'.
In addition, specific smelting tasks have been removed, as all Smithing tasks are now ‘Gain XP’.
The Glacor Front
A chilling new foe appears...
Reveal artwork by Golden Gnomes winning community artist, Willoway.
The next front of the Elder God Wars Dungeon has been revealed! On August 31st, you'll be taking on Wen's glacor army and facing down her general, a gargantuan, supremely powerful Arch-Glacor. In case you missed it, you can find all the details in Friday's blog.
A Message From The Ninja Team
A few more words on Action Bars
The Ninja Team have seen some confusion over last week’s Action Bars update and have shared a detailed post about how exactly they work in the Official Forums. If you missed it, you can read it here!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Updated the mobile and desktop chat system to use NotoSans font type.
- Expanded the chat font size to include values between 10-22, incrementing by values of 2.
- Beautiful stained-glass windows now appear in Senntisten's cathedral.
- Hotfix – Clicking outside the interface no longer prevents players from unlocking the special research ‘Complete the Pattern, Solve the Puzzle’.
- When sending a Private Message from the Friends List, your chat window will now automatically switch to the Private tab. Likewise, sending messages to other channels will now switch you to that channel.
- The Friends Chat and Clan Chat lists are now visually consistent with all the other chat options on mobile.
- A new blocking layer has been added to the mobile chat box.
- Fixed an issue which caused new mobile users to log into the game without a ribbon.
- Moved the hide-tanning option on the Burthorpe Crafting Tutor to a separate tanner NPC at the edge of the cow field, so that interacting with the crafting tutor is less complex.
- Adjusted the background colour of the Activity Tracker ribbon button from blue to green to match the Quest Icon and Adventures parent ribbon button.
- Additionally, tooltips for the ribbon buttons no longer overlap and are positioned based on the location of the ribbon.
- User interface tutorial popups on desktop now use the same font size as on mobile, so that tutorial text is more comfortable to read and digest.
Ninja Strike 25
- Players yet to log in since the Action Bar update will not have their additional Action Bar positions reset on custom interface layouts when loading them for the first time.
- Made several improvements to The Restless Ghost quest:
- Graphically updated The Restless Ghost (with the exception of his hat) and his Muddy Skull.
- You may now interact with the coffin to put the Skull inside.
- Updated various feedback messages that were only visible if chat was open to infoboxes.
- Modernised the conclusion cutscene and resolved various defects.
- The ‘Prepare’ option on the Cooking Tutor's table in the Beneath Cursed Tides quest is now hidden when the player has finished preparing Seaweed for the chef, instead of triggering a conversation with him that may have the wrong chathead if the chef is no longer crassianed. (You don't have to be crassianed to work here, but it helps!)
- Fixed an issue which stopped store assets from being rendered on mobile for German, French and Portuguese localizations.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Telekinetic Grab in the Mage Training Arena.
- The following area task achievements can now be completed on F2P worlds:
- Hoof Rot
- The Wanderer
- Up to the Gods
- Do They Come In Other Colours
- Kitty Litter
- Plank You Very Much
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry
- A Bolt from the Blue
- Magical Dice no longer stall the player's actions or script queues such as incoming damage. Performing another action such as moving to another location cancels the die roll.
- Fixed a lobby error on Steam which caused an empty popup to appear for free-to-play users when clicking the membership icon.
The latest goings on from our community
Need a refresh on RuneScape’s deep lore? Then look no further than Jaxxys’ amazing Story Mode series! Episode 13 is out right now, and you can watch it here. Come for the nostalgic quest replays, stay for the INCREDIBLE voice acting.
Check out this hand-crafted Bulwark of Revenge from Deztroyer 0! It’s hard to believe this was built and finished in just one day. To learn all about it, and see more fantastic artwork, be sure to check out the RuneScape Art Community Discord!
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are some of our favourites coming up:
Hosted by: Pippyspot and Boss Guild
Date/Time: Wed 25 Aug 2021, 20:00 - 21:00 Game Time
Location: God Wars Dungeon - Armadyl Lobby
Hosted by: Saint Cannon, And3l F1sh, and Fast SC
Date/Time: Sun 29 Aug 2021, 17:00 - 18:00 Game Time
Location: Stealing Creation Lobby
If neither of those take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
This week's screenshots come from ScreenieScape! Check 'em out here.
By Goat Biryani
By Le Windexo
By ... oh Lily ♡
Have you dug into Senntisten yet? If you’re not sure where to start, make your way to Archaeology, a Discord community full of people ready to get their Mattocks grubby.