Don't miss your chance to nab the iconic Assassin's Walk animation this week in Treasure Hunter: The Assassin's Return! Read on for all the info, plus maintenance plans, community news and more.
Treasure Hunter: The Assassin's Return
Find Assassin's Walk and new cosmetics
If you've always wanted get your hands on the legendary Assassin's Walk animation, now's your chance. (Anime) run, don't walk, to Treasure Hunter: The Assassin's Return!
The iconic animation is up for grabs along with a whole host of on-theme gear – just complete a series of contracts to get your hands on those sneaky goodies.
First, pick a monster and slay them instantly for an Assassin-themed reward. You’ll then receive a contract to defeat a certain number of different monster types.
Complete the contract, and you’ll get an Assassin Chest: this gives you a guaranteed chance at either some new Assassin-y cosmetics (in various colours), 5 million GP, or that must-have animation!
Remember to also keep an eye out for the Assassin themselves - they're a super-rare monster spawn that might just appear in your lineup! Defeat them for a guaranteed Assassin's Walk drop. Well, they won't be using it...
Get started this Thursday, July 28th!
New changes to our schedule
In order to best maintain the services that power RuneScape, we're introducing a recurring maintenance window to health check all our systems and ensure everything is optimal.
Following your feedback from last week's deployment, we are still working on when, how often and for how long maintenance work will take place on the final schedule. As soon as we have that information, we'll let you know all the details.
For now, our next maintenance downtime is planned for August 3rd, and we'll confirm the specific hours in next week's TWIR.
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Added the missing information for the Croesus Front resources in the Skill Guides.
- Fixed an issue that meant players needed 100 solo and 100 group kills of the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos boss to unlock Insane Final Boss, rather than 100 kills combined.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Zamorak's attacks from reaching the player in phase seven if they are stood next to the Infernus Portal.
- Ultra-Rare Prize Boxes from Treasure Hunter are now bankable.
- The Remote Farming Device now shows the correct status of Farming patches.
- Invention and Archaeology are now correctly restored after fights with certain stats-reducing bosses in the Dominion Tower.
- Fixed an issue where some versions of the Augmented Dark Sliver of Leng had different costs on death.
- All variant Pontifex Rings can now be used to pass the Pontifex barriers.
- Fixed an issue where Spiritual Mages were not affected by Aggression Potions while the player was more than two tiles away from the NPC.
- Fixed broken emotes in the Spirit of Summer quest.
- Dragon Fruit items are now correctly transferred to the Bank while using Sign of the Porter.
- Fixed an issue where players could collect multiple Ectoplasmators without checking it off in the Slayer Log. Pick up the next Ectoplasmator drop you receive to check it off.
- Dawnforged Gauntlets now appear in the correct Wardrobe tab.
- Fixed an issue where the Players were unable to change the colour of the Flaming Skull after it was keepsaked.
- Corrected the display dimensions of all 2D image sequences from 1024x500 to 1024x576, to match the aspect ratio of their images.
- The tooltip for the Snaring Wave (Tier 5) Scroll now appears correctly in the Summoning interface.
- Fixed an issue causing the Relic abilities 'Ingenuity of the Humans' and 'Limitless' to use their desktop variants on mobile.
- Fixed an overlapping issue on the Login menu for some mobile devices.
- Fixed an issue preventing error messages from closing on the Login menu.
- Fixed an issue causing the transparency of the User Interface to reset on desktop when repeatedly logging into mobile.
- Fixed an issue causing Helwyr to stop attacking when placed north during the Battle of the Monolith.
- Fixed an issue that could cause TzHaar to become immortal during the Battle of the Monolith.
In the coming months, RuneScape will no longer support Windows 32-bit builds or graphics cards that do not support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. This change allows us to focus our technical development and testing resources on more commonly-used platforms.
For more information, and to check if your system meets these requirements, head here.
The latest goings-on from our community
"Zamorak I have come to bargain..." @TheNyxed with another stellar piece on the Lord of Chaos.
@timortienn gets the gang back together for what is definitely not going to be a total hot mess.
4D Oranges has found themselves in a very interesting dilemma...
Zorander snapped this image of a fantastical beast!
Here we see Zej starting their shift staring into the abyss. Is it staring back yet?
hartje ♡ working on their Ripper Demon cosplay!
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Skill 'n' Chill
- Hosted by: MadClikr & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Date/Time: Monday July 25th, 23:00 Gametime
- World: 85
- Location: Burthorpe Bank
- FC: Lil Tuzzies
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Helpscape
- Date/Time: Thursday July 28th, 12:00 Gametime
- World: 35
- Location: The heart of Gielinor - Sliske Lobby
- FC: Helpscape
Nex Angel of Death
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Friday July 29th, 20:00 Game Time
- World: 88
- Location: GWD - Ancient Prison
- FC: Boss Guild
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
Zamorak FashionScape Contest
With the winners announced last week, we still wanted to take a moment to highlight some more of the fabulous outfits that had been submitted by our wonderful players.
These outfits were just shy of reaching the top 10 but they still rocked our world!