The Queen of Snow has returned with a winter-themed Yak Track to keep you on your frostbitten toes! Take on her tasks for all sorts of enchanting prizes. Talking of treats, the annual Advent Calendar is back, with presents every day until Christmas! And if that's not enough, the Black Friday Sale is here! In short, it's gifts galore - and Santa's not even started loading his sleigh yet…
Yak Track: Wintumber Aurora
Harness the Northern Lights!
Ahh, that first hint of a chill in the air, the frost on your breath, the promise of snow crunching underfoot – there’s something magical about the arrival of winter, right? Puts us in the mood for frosty escapades. Well, if that’s how you’re feeling too, make sure you get on the latest Yak Track, hosted by the Queen of Snow herself!
The Queen (who has a new model, by the way) needs your help. Assist with her various tasks and you’ll bag a whole host of wintery treats, including sublime Northern Lights-themed cosmetics and pets, plus a maximum 20% XP boost. For those of you taking part in the Golden Party Hat Hunt, there’s also a shard on the free track – you’ll find it at Task 15!
We’re also debuting a brand new task called Secret Santa. As you can probably guess, it’s all about giving and receiving gifts, with lots of exciting goodies in store for sufficiently generous ‘Scapers! Most wonderful time of the year, innit.
Ready? Get your skates on then, because the Wintumber Aurora Yak Track ends January 9th. A Premier Pass costs two Bonds, or you can get it free with Premier Club – which is available now!
Daily delights throughout December
The RuneScape Advent Calendar is back! Open one door each day until Christmas and reveal the pressies within.
And every time you open a door on the same day as the number written on it, you’ll get a free Treasure Hunter Key, as well as progress towards the grand prize: the Horizon Sword!
There’s also a different Treasure Hunter promotion every day of the Advent Calendar, so it’s the perfect opportunity to catch up on any rare prizes you missed throughout the year.
Black Friday Sale and new cosmetics
New Cosmetics: Troubadour
Solomon’s Store has some new items for anyone with the heart of a storyteller – the Troubadour Outfit and the Teller of Tales Rest Animation!
This outfit is recolourable, and consists of the following pieces:
- Troubadour Hat
- Troubadour Shirt
- Troubadour Trousers
- Troubadour Boots
It costs 135 RuneCoins for members, and 150 for non-members.
Teller of Tales Rest Animation
- This costs 333 RuneCoins for members, and 370 for non-members.
Black Friday Sale
The Black Friday Sale continues until December 10th! Get up to 75% off everything from cosmetics to Bank space and beyond. See the full list here!
Golden Party Hat Hunt
The search continues...
Don’t forget, the Golden Party Hat Hunt continues until January 3rd! One of the must-have hats of RuneScape legend could be all yours. All you’ve got to do is find eight shards hidden in tasks throughout the game.
Some of the shards come from drops, but not to worry – even the most mirror-smashing bad luck sponges among you are protected! As you continue to train a skill or complete clue scrolls, the likelihood of receiving a shard grows exponentially. Basically, anyone actively playing throughout this event should be able to get their hat.
Head this way (yeah? YEAH?) to find out how to get started and snag a real RuneScape icon!
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Tuesday November 30th | 17:00 Game Time | General Q&A
The dev team is ready to answer your burning questions! Drop your Qs in #dec-qa on our Discord and tune in on Tuesday November 30th.
Wednesday December 1st | 17:00 Game Time | J-Mods vs Monsters
Mods Hooli and Spear delve back into the world of PvM bossing live in front of the community! Join in and help/heckle as they take on their next challenge.
See you on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Extending a Daily Challenge now costs 25 Vis Wax (down from 30).
- When generating three Daily Challenges on a new day, if fewer than three challenges are toggled on, duplicates of unblocked challenges will be rolled.
- i.e. If you've blocked all but Dungeoneering challenges, you'll roll three Dungeoneering challenges rather than having to complete a challenge and pay Vis Wax to re-roll the next challenge to the type you want.
- You can now track all three of your Daily Challenge slots, even if they contain the same challenge objective.
- Players now need a minimum level of 99 in a skill to access the Challenge Block feature from a Challenge Mistress.
- Free-to-play 'Scapers can block Membership skills once they reach the level cap (for example, level 5 Agility).
- The Agility Daily Challenge now counts each of the seven segments of the Anachronia Agility Course as its two laps, similar to Yak Track Agility tasks.
- Basic challenges no longer give XP in their skill when you Claim Reward. This is so that skilling pures or specialist builds that only want to focus on one skill at a time can still access Daily Challenges.
- All Combat Challenges can now be toggled off via a checkbox in the Skill Select interface, accessible via a Challenge Master. This can now be accessed at any level and turns off Combat, Prayer and Summoning Daily Challenges.
- If the player currently has a basic challenge to do, Challenge Mistresses and Nastroth in Lumbridge now give a chat option to skip any of these challenges. This is so that a new player who does not want to engage in certain skills and/or get the XP from them does not have to complete all the basic challenge objectives.
- The initial set of Daily Challenges assigned to a new player after completing the basic challenges is now Daily Mining, Daily Smithing and Daily Crafting (equipment), instead of Daily Combat, Daily Prayer and Daily Smithing. We think this is more skiller-friendly!
- We've removed the 'Skip' text from Challenge Tokens, changed the Skip button text to 'Complete', and updated other bits of text to make it more clear that claiming the rewards from a completed challenge will give you XP in that challenge's skill.
- Selecting each skill from the Challenge Blocking interface is much more responsive.
- Text for the Main Menu has been changed to True Type font for sharpness and greater readability.
- Greater Flurry will now deal increased single target damage when applied by the Greater Barge effect.
- Fixed an issue that caused ranged abilities to not correctly put the players auto attack on cooldown.
- Fixed an issue where completing the Hard mode task awarded the player the same amount of Reaper points as completing the task in Normal mode.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Granite Maul special attack from being used during global cooldown if stored inside an Essence of Finality.
- Fixed an issue that caused Arch Glacor loot to be rerolled on a player's second kill of a killstreak in Hard mode.
- Fixed an issue with a script error during the Elite Dungeon Taraket encounter.
- Mummies killed by fire abilities now count towards the task in the Menaphos City Quest.
- To prevent confusion, players using lootshare at Croesus will no longer be given a message about their Luck Ring having an effect, as there is a chance the item won't be distributed to them.
- Some graphical issues with Closure's outfit override have been resolved.
- In Once Upon A Time in Gielinor: Finale, a more appropriate shield animation is now used during Philipe's memory.
- The player must now complete Once Upon A Time in Gielinor before they can wear the Completionist Cape.
- As the perception of cosmetic overrides has evolved since the release of The Death of Chivalry. Plus, based on community feedback, the player is now considered to be disguised as Captain Dulcin as long as they're either wearing the Black Knight Captain Armour or have activated the Dulcin Armour override. This is even if they've overridden their appearance to not appear disguised.
- Processing broken Chitin on an anvil now plays a sound effect.
- Smithing partially folded Alloy Bars now plays a sound effect.
- Smithing Gnome Platebodies during Doric's Task V now plays a sound effect.
- The correct sound effects now play when using a Smithing animation override.
- Based on feedback, mobile players now have the ability to change the direction messages appear in the chatbox to ascending or descending.
- To choose, select the Common Chat Settings button at the bottom right of the chatbox and select the Chat Direction drop-down.
- Fixed the issue when the character can't move after displaying a preview of the slomo walk animation in the Customisation Interface.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where summoning a pet and closing the interface would block Inventories until you dismiss your pet.
- Fixed an issue where the Beast Master Charge Counter was obscuring gameplay.
The latest goings-on from our community
The History of RuneScape: A Fan Made Trilogy
We've loved seeing you all enjoying our anniversary book with Dark Horse, which chronicles the first 20 years of RuneScape. But guess what? It's actually not the only history of RuneScape released this year! Check out this massive 1,000+ page digital tome from July - The RuneScape Historian.
The History of RuneScape: A Fan Made Trilogy goes right back to the very beginning (pre-2001), including the development of PvP, PvM, skilling, questing and more. It also includes a Hall of Fame, spotlighting the most influential players of all time!
While not an official RuneScape history, it has been published with Jagex’s permission, and £1 of the proceeds from every digital download are split across Jagex’s official charities.
July will be giving away a copy of this mighty tome each week on his YouTube channel - check it out for even more RuneScape deep dives!
Golden Party Hat Fashionscape
Some of you have already put together your Golden Party Hat and are rocking it in STYLE. Here's a few of our faves so far.
Got your own look to flex? Share it with #FashionScape for a chance to be in the spotlight!
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here’s our pick for this week:
We’re going on a dino hunt! Let’s take on these notoriously beastly bosses together.
- Hosted by: Philly PD
- Date/Time: Wednesday Dec 1st at 20:00 - 21:00 Game Time and Thursday Dec 2nd at 20:30 - 21:30 Game Time
- World: 68
- Location: Rex Matriarch Lair
- FC: AHelp
If that doesn't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!