Christmas is coming! Log in daily for a different Advent Calendar treat, race reindeer terrorbirds, and watch your gains snowball with Winter Weekends.
From 00:00 UTC on 1st December, enjoy daily gifts from the in-game Advent Calendar.
Each day until Christmas brings a new surprise. Day one gives a Christmas piñata, which can contain one of four new rares. Log in and see what you’ll get!
Treasure Hunter will offer more of each day’s gift, for that day only. Get the most out of the Advent Calendar by logging in daily, seeing what the prize is and heading over to Treasure Hunter if it takes your fancy.
For any days that you miss, you can claim the gifts at any time until the 9th of January. The Treasure Hunter offers only last for the day of release, though.
Check into RuneScape each day for a little taste of festive cheer, and count the days until the most wonderful time of the year.
Reindeer Terrorbird Racing
Also from 00:00 UTC on 1st December, lift your spirits with a very RuneScape Christmas race. Terrorbird racing is back - with a festive twist.
First, claim your free Reindeer Terrorbird 'mount' from Solomon's Store (or rustle up the one you claimed in April this year) and head south of Falador to start.
Race a round trip via Mudskipper point, jumping through all the terrorbird gates in the best-possible time to beat your friends on the leaderboard, and earn Agility XP while you’re at it. Beat the course par time and unlock a special version of the mount with a glowing nose!
Winter Weekends are back, giving RuneScape members all the more reason to indulge in a spot of 'Scaping while the weather outside is frightful.
Each Winter Weekend begins and ends at 12:00 UTC (Game Time) on the days listed below. There are also Player-Owned Ports benefits, which last for over a week.
We have a couple of new additions this year: The Arc and Clue Scrolls. Read on for full details!
The Arc Weekend | 2nd December – 5th December
- Half-price supplies.
- Chance to not deplete Uncharted Isle resources.
- +2 daily Waiko contracts, for which rerolls are free.
- Two Orokami will spawn instead of one on Uncharted Isles.
Skilling Weekend | 9th December – 12th December
- Double XP and reputation at Artisan's Workshop.
- Increased node spawns and reward points at Runespan.
- Bonus chance on jewelled statuettes while wearing a ring of wealth, and doubled chance of sceptre and Black Ibis drops at Pyramid Plunder.
- Enriched divination nodes spawn every 10 minutes.
- Fishing spots stay in place twice as long.
- Divination wisps last twice as long.
- Mining nodes and trees replenish twice as quickly.
- +50% base Big Chinchompa XP.
Bossing & Slayer Weekend | 16th December – 19th December
- Increased chance of rare drops and enhanced ring of wealth.
- Charm drops give one more charm than normal.
- 50% increased base slayer experience.
- Over the period of the weekend, all assigned Slayer tasks are treated as using a Slayer VIP Ticket.
- 10% cheaper instance fees.
- Extra training points from Boss Training.
- Mazcab Raids can be looted once per day.
Clue Scroll Weekend | 23rd December – 26th December
- 1 free reroll per clue scroll per day.
- Gilly Willikers will give you a free clue scroll of your choice per day. Note that the clue scroll tiers have their own entry requirements:
- Easy: 37-1400 total level
- Medium: 1401 - 2000 total level
- Hard: 2001 - 2500 total level
- Elite: 2501+ total level
- Each completed clue scroll will award a box containing festive food, with a chance to include some of the following items:
- Slayer VIP tickets
- Sliverhawk down
- Untradeable springs
- Large XP Lamp
- Improved chance to get clue scrolls from drops and pickpocketing.
Ports Week | 30th December – 9th January
- Increased Voyage re-rolls from 15 to 25
- All Ports voyages return 30% extra trade goods or resources.
- Barmaid missions also available on Saturdays & Sundays
Minigame Weekend | 30th December – 2nd January
- +1 Castle Wars gold ticket per game.
- Extra 600 daily bonus points in Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza.
- Double points from Pest Control/Conquest.
- Double Bonus XP and gamble rewards in Barbarian Assault.
- Bosses killed in Dominion Tower count as two for the purposes of reward unlocks.
- Double points from Stealing Creation.
- Double zeal from Soul Wars.
- Extra points and +1 medals from Fish Flingers.
Dungeoneering Weekend | 6th January – 9th January
- Double tokens from both regular dungeoneering and Sinkholes.
- Base Sinkholes lamp XP increased by 50%.
What is Treasure Hunter?
Treasure Hunter is playable from within RuneScape, allowing players to use Keys to claim in-game items as prizes. These range from useful resources to rare weapons and exclusive gear.
Playing Treasure Hunter is simple - click the treasure chest icon that pops up when you log in. If you've not played before, just follow the on-screen guide.
If you'd like more, you can also buy Keys on the website, or by clicking 'Buy Keys' within the Treasure Hunter interface in-game.