Lots of fun things this week, as we reveal the details of our partnership with SteelSeries, sip some fabulous RuneScape-inspired concoctions, and say hello to a new little friend in The Marketplace.
Get yourself some goodies!
We've teamed up with SteelSeries, known throughout the land for their excellent gaming peripherals, to give away some extremely stylish in-game goodies!
Head to the SteelSeries website to get your hands on the magnificent Battleworn Steel Armour plus a Currency Pack filled with the shiny stuff.
Here's what to do:
- Log-in or register on the SteelSeries site.*
- Click 'Get Key'.
- Copy the key.
- Follow redemption instructions here on RuneScape.com.
*Promotion available from 17:00 Game Time, September 20th. Ironman accounts are ineligible.
It's that simple! We hope to see you all strutting around in your shiny new armour sets soon.
News on Prime Gaming drops.
Due to an unexpected issue, we've had to delay the next Prime Gaming drops until October 5th.
The previous drops (a Yak Track Care Package and a Currency Pack) remain available to claim until this new date. If you've already redeemed these items you will be unable to claim them again.
Head here to claim the current rewards.
We apologise for any confusion and inconvenience.
Elder God Wars Dungeon: Front Reveal
Something stirs in Senntisten...
Join us tomorrow, Tuesday September 21st at 16:00 Game Time to learn the first details of the next sinister front of the Elder God Wars Dungeon, including which Elder God we will be facing this time, and which tricks they might have in store. Featuring artwork by the talented Nina_Ray, you won't want to miss it!
Watch the reveal live on Twitch!
Desert Wyrm Pet
"Who's a terrifying little monster? You are! Yes you are!"
A not-so-cuddly creature has made its way to The Marketplace! Saul is a fearsome-looking wyrm pet, and he enjoys swooping through the skies of Gielinor, showing off those lovely shiny scales of his and scaring the living daylights out of passing sheep.
Click and drag the model to rotate and scroll to zoom in and out!
Saul costs 433 RuneCoins for free-to-play accounts, and 390 RuneCoins with the members' discount.
What are you waiting for? Go say hi!
Glacor Front Cold Drink Competition
Crack open a cold one - or five!
Back when we launched The Glacor Front, we asked you to show us your coolest cocktail (or mocktail!) concoctions by posting them on socials with the hashtag #ElderGodWars.
We've shaken, we've stirred, and we're ready to reveal our five winners - but first, let's take another look at the inspiration, cooked up by mixologist extraordinaire Sighaxen.
Not to be outdone, you lot absolutely bombarded us with all manner of creations. Big thanks to all who entered!
Now, without further ado, here are our five winners!
Congratulations to the lot of you! All our winners will receive five Bonds and a King Black Dragon building set each. We'll be contacting you all to arrange the delivery of the prizes, so keep your eyes on your inboxes!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Multicannons and The Nodon Front
- Dwarf, Golden, and Royale Multicannons have been converted from four pieces into singular items.
- Any Multicannons you own will be automatically converted on next log-in.
- If you don't have enough space in your Bank or Backpack, converted Multicannons can be reclaimed from Egil at the Artisans' Workshop.
- If you have any Multicannon Parts left over from the Grand Exchange, you can convert them by talking to Egil at the Artisans' Workshop.
- All Multicannon Parts are no longer obtainable and can no longer be used.
- All Multicannons now have a tooltip stating their maximum damage.
- Multicannons can now be used on Egil to initate the Multicannon exchange process.
- Egil has had his chat flow improved.
- A player that joins the battle during Kerapac's lightning attack can now see the attack animation.
The Glacor Front
- Reduced the screen shake effects that play when activating Hard mode for the Arch-Glacor fight.
- The Arch-Glacor Boss Collection Log will now track more than 250 Remnants.
- The drop broadcast for the Arch-Glacor pet item now states the correct name.
- The freezing blood debuff from the Arch-Glacor fight now consistently times out.
- The Shard and Sliver of Leng weapons are more consistent regarding keepsaking.
- Fixed an issue where the players were unable to view tooltips while setting up defenders during The World Wakes on mobile.
- Fixed a camera positioning issue during the Monkey Madness cutscene where the Foreman speaks to G.L.O. Caranock.
- The glowing effect on gained XP value has been removed.
- When retrieving the last remaining runes from a Rune Pouch it will now automatically be sent to the Backpack, unless the Backpack is full, in which case it will remain equipped.
- Ogre Flasks now include information about the buffs granted by each of them in the tooltip.
- The player is now able to store Runecrafter Robes in the Magic Wardrobe with either type of Runecrafter Hat (goggles or no goggles) located in their Backpack.
- Dragonkin Bones now count towards the progression of Prayer and joint-Prayer tasks on Yak Tracks.
- Changed the sound that plays when the pet Cat is summoned.
- Compass clues no longer block you from viewing a scanning clue while in the legacy interface mode.
News and fun live from the J-Mod team!
Tuesday September 21st | 16:00 Game Time | Elder God Wars Dungeon Front Reveal
The third front of the Elder God Wars Dungeon is creeping up on us! Which Elder God will we be facing this time, and which tricks might they have in store? All we can say is it'll be blooming good fun!
Watch live on Twitch!
The latest goings on from our community
We love a good Rune Tune to jam out to, and this song by MarMar RS is no exception! It perfectly captures the feeling of dying to the Arch-Glacor. Never mind MarMar, there's always next time!
Top artist Elej was asked to draw a friend's RuneScape character for a shirt and we LOVE how it came out!
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are some of our favourites coming up:
- Hosted by: Cuishii, JoeTribiani
- Date/Time: Saturday September 25th 2021, 19:00 - 20:00 Game Time
- World: 21
- Location: Heist (North of Falador)
- Hosted by: Questcaping, Darkestnight
- Date/Time: Saturday September 25th 2021, 21:00 - 22:00
- World: 66
- Location: Soul Wars
If neither of those take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
Last week Elej and Lily held a Super Hero Costume Party for ScreenieScape. Check out these awesome snaps:
This week's community shout-out goes to Irons of Gielinor, an Ironman community focused on endgame PvM. They offer daily events to join in with, and have an active community-run hosting channel. Sounds pretty cool!