Today we've got two updates for you: master skillcapes for XP equivalent to level 120, and a phalanx of your favourite combat updates, fresh from the beta!
Read on for more information, or log right into RuneScape and try them out now!
Earning level 99 in a RuneScape skill is a heck of an achievement, but for the hardcore that's just the beginning. Many of you enjoy earning XP beyond 99, and it's high time that dedication was recognised.
That's why we've brought you master skillcapes, as promised in our recent poll. These beauties are available from their relevant skill master at 104,273,167 XP - equivalent to level 120 - for 120,000 gp:
These capes are meant as an optional extra, so we haven't added additional levels to the skills, and their stats are the same as regular skillcapes. Nevertheless, there's no better way to show off your true mastery of RuneScape than rocking up in one of these capes.
Note that master skillcapes do not come with a separate hood, and that they cannot be stored in a player-owned house.
We hope you enjoy training for and collecting these capes. As always, let us know what you think over on the forums.
The RuneScape Ninja Team
A few of your favourites from the Combat Beta and recent polls have made their way into the live game today:
- The quick inventory slots on the action bar have been replaced with two additional action bar slots.
- The target info pane displayed above your target is now more accurate, and the pane can be moved freely around the screen.
- Chat can be toggled to 'always on' by clicking the new icon at the top of any chat channel interface. This disables all keybinds (with the exception of the Escape key) and makes the chat entry field active by default.
- Combat XP is now rewarded for PvP combat:
- If you kill an opponent, you earn XP based upon the damage you dealt, as long as you are in the top 16 damage dealers to that player.
- If you are killed, you earn XP based on damage you've dealt to up to 16 players, who haven't since died and granted you XP that way.
- Note that this is active immediately and cannot be turned off. If you do not wish to earn Combat XP, be sure not to deal damage to other players - ensure that the Auto-Retaliate function is turned off if you're in a PvP-enabled area.
The RuneScape Team
In Other News
- From May 1st, the RuneScape Road Trip kicks off for all members: a month-long, in-game event featuring challenges and prizes aplenty. Want to know more? Keep an eye on the news!
- Two new companion pets have arrived at Solomon's General Store: the nine-tailed Inari, and the eerie Brightflame Ancient.
- The Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza has ended, with Brassica Prime as the victor. The cape and emote rewards are no longer available.
- The Guthixian butterflies have left the game.
Take a look at the patch notes for other updates released today.