Today's update brings 12 new pieces of silver jewellery. These new trinkets are ripe for the crafting right now, each with a handy effect.
This was a personal project from Mods Harrison, Wolf and Dolan - with help from Mods Timbo and Moltare - who ran with a community suggestion to fill out a gap in RuneScape's gear and skill progression. Thanks gents!
Read on to find out more, and don't forget to chase those last few requirements for Sliske's Endgame – coming next week!
The new jewellery is made by setting opal, jade and red topaz into silver jewellery pieces. They can then be enchanted with the Lvl1-3 Enchant spells for the following effects:
- Ring of Metamorphosis: Chance for double XP when catching butterflies barehanded. 10 charges.
- Headhunter's Sacrifice (bracelet): Chance for on-assignment Slayer kills to count as double, for no additional XP. 25 charges.
- Featherfingered Necklace: Chance to take no damage and avoid stun when caught thieving. 10 charges.
- Amulet of Bountiful Harvest: Chance to conserve seeds when planting in an allotment. 10 charges.
- Ring of Respawn: Teleports to unlocked respawn points. 5 charges.
- Flamtaer Bracelet: Instantly builds a single temple wall in Shades of Mort'ton. 2 charges.
- Traveller's Necklace: Teleports to the Wizards' Tower, the outpost north of Ardougne, or south of Eagle's Eyrie. 5 charges.
- Botanist's Amulet: Chance to create higher-dosage potions. 5 charges.
- Columbarium Ring: Increased chance to receive the Sunspear effect when killing Vyrewatch. A charge will always be expended per kill, whether or not the effect occurs. 50 charges.
- Headhunter's Thrill (bracelet): Chance for Slayer kills to not reduce the assignment count, but still award experience. 25 charges
- Necklace of Gluttony: Food eaten gives +100 life points. 20 charges.
- Enlightened Amulet: Teleports to the Nexus, the Desert Bandit Camp, or south of the Graveyard of Shadows. 5 charges.
Sliske's Endgame Draws Near
The cataclysmic battle of Gielinor's great and mighty is almost at its epic conclusion. Sliske's Endgame hits next week, and there's still time to progress towards those quest requirements if you're not quite there.
Your choices from throughout RuneScape's body of quests will be acknowledged, enriching your experience like never before. Sliske's Endgame is the most personalised quest we've ever released, so why not pass the time until release by taking in any quests you've still to do?
Even if you've yet to experience Sliske's storyline, there's never been a better time to start. Head north-east of Varrock and talk to Brother Samwell to start Missing, Presumed Death, and soak in the Sixth Age's definitive story.
Have a great week, 'Scapers! See you in the Shadow Realm.
The RuneScape Team
In Other News
Read the patch notes for further details of today's update.
Live Streams this Week
Each week we stream Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.
Tuesday, December 13th| 17:00 Game Time | 2016 review (and poll results)
Join us on the sofas this week for a look back at 2016 and a chance to discuss our (and your) favourite updates. Make sure you vote in-game to tell us your favourites!
Please post your 2016 questions you have for the team on the forums, on Reddit, or by using the #RSQA hashtag on Twitter.
Friday, December 16th | 21:00 Game Time | Update preview with Mod Shauny
Find out what you can expect from next Monday's patches and more with Mod Shauny this Friday night.
We're opening up the JMod postbox again this year. If you'd like to extend any Christmas felicitations to the community (or your favourite JMods), please email us at email@example.com.
If you're feeling creative, we'd love to see any video well-wishes or Christmas cards. Send any videos to the above email address, and any cards to the address on the Jagex website. We'd love to hear them. Merry Christmas!
Don't forget – we've got a range of Christmas competitions on the go, with enough prizes to make Santa consider a new sleigh. Enter now!
The Christmas Postbag Returns
The Postbag from the Hedge is filling up nicely. Don't forget to get your questions in for your favourite RuneScape NPCs before 25th December, at firstname.lastname@example.org.