This week: a fierce new retro skin and your last chance for mega boosts to your skilling!
Retro Dragon Claw Bundle
Slice and dice...
It has been a while since the last retro skin but the wait is over – the Dragon Claws are finally ready to rip! Shred and tear through your enemies (or poor unfortunate target dummies) in style.
The Retro Dragon Claw bundle will arrive with today’s update, costing 200 RuneCoins (180 for Members). It contains:
- Replica Dragon Claw
- Replica Dragon Claw off-hand
- Dragonwing Claw
- Dragonwing Claw off-hand
Ripping stuff. With the Claws unleashed, we’ll now be turning our attentions to the next skin on the list – the Abyssal Whip is on its way! You won’t have to wait nearly as long to get your hands on this classic cosmetic, either. Here’s a look at the work in progress:
Pretty soon we’ll be launching a poll on our social channels to narrow down the final look, so be ready to cast your vote in the near future!
Double XP LIVE
Continues until February 27th
We’re sure many of you are busy working on your shiny new Forts this week, but don’t forget to take advantage of those juicy increased experience gains while working on your Construction! If you were really canny you could also save up some of your rested XP to get more out of your other skills too… work smart, not hard innit #productivity
Double XP LIVE continues until Monday February 27th, starting and ending at 12:00 PM Game Time.
A quick reminder about emails
Recently we've had a number of reports from players who have received spoof phishing emails.
We want to remind all players that any emails relating to your account will be delivered to your Player Inbox, which can be accessed in-game and on RuneScape.com. If in doubt, stop, be safe and check your Player Inbox!
For more information on how to protect yourself from Phishing, check out our Safety Tips support article or our official Phishing support article here.
Treasure Hunter Calendar
Training arc ending soon, Gemfall spotted on the horizon
Starts Feb 16th | Ends Feb 22nd | Foresight to Train
Only two days left on Foresight to Train, so if you have any gain goals be sure to jump in before it finishes.
Starts Feb 23rd | Ends Feb 27th | Gemfall
Gemfall returns with multipliers galore! This time your regular Treasure Hunter chests are replaced with just the one, but there are always multipliers active above it. What's more, as you use Keys there’s a chance the gems will shatter, rerolling their multiplier and possibly causing a Gemfall – meaning you can choose extra prizes! If you’re on the hunt for Bohr the Aurora Bear or the Gem Cape, Gem Crown or Gem Sack, this one is not to be missed.
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Fixed an issue where compacted jewellery did not consume charges when teleporting – also an issue where compacted jewellery with 0 charges allowed players to teleport.
- The Construction Guidebook no longer leads players to the wrong location. It now instructs players to visit Rimmington instead of Taverley.
- The Sand Dunk Rest grabbing animation no longer loops infinitely.
- Set skyboxes will no longer reset upon applying a filter.
- Fixed an issue where Quest Point Cape Perk could not be activated from the third perk slot on worn Max Capes and any eligible back slot items.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Master Max Comp and the Master Max Trim Comp Cape overrides from being unlocked for some players.
- Fixed an issue where some of the players couldn't unlock virtual skill level achievements, despite meeting all the requirements.
- Players can now destroy Dragonkin Stars should they wish to do so.
- Fixed an issue with the Grand Exchange's price per item taking too long to visually update after adjusting the price.
- Adjusted the functionality of some notification settings to be more intuitive.
- The 'Offer' option has been removed from the western Wilderness Chaos Altar.
- Seren Spirits and other similar ‘distractions’ should now appear correctly in the Senntisten Cathedral.
- Added blocking to a rock that was lacking collision in the Wilderness.
- Fixed an issue causing players to repeatedly attempt pickpocketing on NPCs, even though the Thieving level requirement was not met.
- It should now be easier to interact with the fishing spots at the Prifddinas Waterfall.
- Gravestones will no longer spawn in an inaccessible area after dying inside the Giant Mole boss arena.
- Corrected an issue that prevented some players who had previously met the Curator from starting the Desperate Creatures quest.
- Hotfixed: The Argonlike rocks from the Succession quest have been added back to the Wilderness.
- Fixed various blocking issues around Fort Forinthry.
- Players are no longer guaranteed to receive Strange Rocks instantly after starting construction.
- Hotfixed: Players are no longer able to place the Dwarf multicannon inside the Fort Forinthry.
- Hotfixed: Fletching Jungle logs at Big Game Hunter will once again turn them into Wooden spears.
- Fixed an issue where the Fort Forinthry lodestone could be built without meeting the requirements.
- The duplicated hidey-hole south of Fort Forinthry was removed from the game.
- Updated the Blueprint Table at Fort Forinthry to remove completed Wall and Gate Blueprints when the relevant segment is completed.
- Fixed an issue where some of the 'Fort Forinthry' areas did not benefit from the rested XP buff.
- Joining a player inside 'Fort Forinthry' through the friends list no longer teleports into the Wilderness.
- Players can no longer use the assist system to start blueprints within Fort Forinthry
- You can no longer see other players' pets & followers when within the Fort.
- Wilderness threat monsters will no longer spawn inside the Fort Forinthry safe area.
- Fixed an issue with the 'A Fort Of My Own' achievement. Previously creating the T3 chapel would tick off the T3 Command Centre instead (and vice versa). Now the correct building will show as complete once it has been built.
The latest goings-on from our community
@EvilLucario recklessly pushes Arch Glacor enrage over 100% with only 1 def!
@Waydots continues their Ironman adventures - and has found themselves a little confused...
@ChevalricRS gives us some insights into the Fort and how it can enhance your adventures!
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Patrick K & Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Monday February 20th, 19:00 Game Time
- World: 123
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
- FC: Patrick K
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Helpscape
- Date/Time: Wednesday February 22nd, 12:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: The Heart of Gielinor - Sliske Lobby
- FC: Helpscape
- Hosted by: Lady Spyra, Avatar Korra, and Fast SC
- Date/Time: Saturday February 25th, 22:00 Game Time
- World: 99
- Location: Stealing Creation Lobby
- FC: Fast Sc
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!