Get building in the Wilderness with the new Construction skilling method and then skill big with Double XP: LIVE from Friday!
Fort Forinthry - New Foundations
It's time to build a legacy!
With Zamorak defeated and his forces scattered, it’s time to take back land for the people! King Roald is calling on you to push out into the Wilderness and establish a Fort in preparation for future campaigns.
Use the all-new Construction skilling method to build your Fort and kit it out with crucial assets like a workshop and chapel for materials, buffs and XP!
Fort Forinthry is out today. You can start your Fort by completing the New Foundations Quest, which begins by visiting the portal just inside the entrance of Varrock Palace.
Check out the blog for full details, found here.
Double XP LIVE
Coming February 17th
With the arrival of New Foundations, now would be a perfect time to get a little boost on your Construction XP. Good news then, because Double XP LIVE is back from midday this Friday!
DXP LIVE is a 10-day event where you have 48 Hours of Double XP to use at your leisure. You can even pause the timer if you need to do other activities but don't want to lose out on that precious DXP time. If you won't be using all your hours, you can trade an hour of DXP per day for credits to use with Nic The Trader. You can find out more here!
Double XP LIVE returns this Friday, February 17th until Monday, February 27th, starting and ending at 12:00 PM Game Time.
February 14th on limited worlds
We're conducting some planned maintenance to local game world servers on February 14th.
The following worlds will be offline from 11:00 Game Time, with work planned for approximately 5 hours.
No other worlds will be offline, and no other disruptions are expected.
Treasure Hunter Calendar
Gifts From The Heart Returns
Starts Feb 9th | Ends Feb 15th | Gifts From The Heart
We’re in the mood for love this week as we welcome the return of our Valentine’s-themed Treasure Hunter! Dive in to find the brand new tradeable Rose Tinted Glasses – they come with a rose-coloured filter you can toggle to make the world seem a little more swoonsome!
This year's Heartments Store also boats some heart-throbbing new overrides: shower yourself in rose petals with the new Rose Petal Aura Override, or add two new Pets to your collection with Lovebird and Lovebug. These gorgeous goodies can be purchased with Heartments until the Heartments Store closes on Feb 22nd. Heartments can be earned through Gifts From The Heart and the Devotion Sprites.
Starts Feb 16th | Ends Feb 22th | Foresight to Train
It's nearly Double XP Live time and that means it's Time to Train, but wait... now you can train with the Foresight of knowing what is in the chests. So now you can focus your gains on the skills you want!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Resolved an issue that caused certain rest animations to disconnect players.
- You can now send QuickChat messages via private message to a friend in the lobby without crashing your client.
- Tightened restrictions on the items that can be put in Falador Party Room chest. Now for an item to go in, it must be all of the following: tradeable, bankable and possible to store in your Beast of Burden (alongside other more special checks).
- The Elder God Wars quest series has been tidied up to convert it to a linear series.
- The Lore Hunter I Yak Track tasks have been converted to a quest called Desperate Creatures, with a prerequisite of Desperate Measures. If you've completed the tasks and collected your rewards, the quest will automatically complete.
- The following miniquests have been converted to short quests with journals (they will not award quest points or Treasure Hunter keys):
- Sins of the Father
- Raksha, the Shadow Colossus
- The Vault of Shadows
- Battle of the Monolith
- Eye of Het I & II
- Azzanadra's Quest now requires completion of the following quests:
- Desperate Creatures
- Raksha, The Shadow Colossus
- The Vault of Shadows
- Battle of the Monolith now requires completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Ambient NPCs around the Monolith, including Ali and Trindy, now only appear for appropriate stages of Battle of the Monolith.
- City of Senntisten now requires only Battle of the Monolith.
- Extinction now only requires Eye of Het II and Sins of the Father.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when rendering animations.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when minimizing the client on various AMD GPUs.
- Fixed an issue preventing locations like farming patches from appearing correctly on login.
- Fixed an issue causing particles not to render in some interfaces.
The latest goings-on from our community
@InitYeah showcasing some of the changes to the Aegis Aura and where it could help you!
@frostdragonz9624 gives a masterclass in running Dimension of Disaster at top speed!
@TheRSGuy sat down for a chat with Mod Sponge about Zamorak/Ed4 and combat balance in RuneScape.
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Skill 'n' Chill
- Hosted by: MadClikr & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Date/Time: Monday February 13th, 23:00 Gametime
- World: 85
- Location: Burthorpe Bank
- FC: Lil Tuzzies
Mega Duck Hunt
- Hosted by: Steve20058 & Mega Duck
- Date/Time: Wednesday 15th February, 19:00 Gametime
- World: 39
- Location: Falador Park
- FC: Mega Duck
Arch-Glacor Boss Mass
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Saturday February 18th, 20:00 Game Time
- World: 88
- Location: Elder Godwars - Glacor Front
- FC: Boss Guild
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
Love is in the air this Valentine's day and the lovely Mod Breezy will be hanging out at the Grand Exchange on W24 handing out Love Letters to the wonderful folk of Varrock. This will be happening on Monday the 13th at 9 pm Gametime and 12.30 pm Gametime on Tuesday the 14th!
Make sure you show them lots of love if you can make it!