Charm Sprites (members only)
Charm Sprites - if you've not encountered them before - are woodland creatures that can be captured by level 72 Hunters, in the Hunter area just south-west of the Tree Gnome Stronghold. Not only are they a good source of Hunter XP, but they also yield charm slices when caught, which can be made into summoning charms. Full details - along with the tools that you'll need - can be obtained by speaking to Yaktwee Swinmari Cianta, south-west of the Tree Gnome Stronghold's front gate.
To give this fun activity the attention it deserves, we've made a number of improvements to make it more appealing.
It now only takes five charm slices to make a charm, rather than the original ten. The Hunter XP gained is increased too: it's now competitive with other Hunter training methods at that level, and earns you plenty of Summoning charms at the same time.
We've also introduced mystical charm slices, which - if you're lucky - can drop in addition to the coloured charm slices you get as standard. These can be used in place of any coloured charm slice, so they're handy if you need a certain type to complete a charm.
To make hunting charm sprites generally friendlier, we've also made some usability tweaks: all the trees in the area are gone, so the shaking bushes containing the sprites are much easier to see; you can now store your Yaktwee stick, spirit lure and charm slices with Yaktwee himself; and your lures are more clearly visible.
Finally, catch 1,000 charm sprites and speak to Yaktwee and you can upgrade your Yaktwee stick to confer Hunter-related benefits while wielded:
- +5% Hunter XP gain in any Hunter training activity (as long it allows you to wield the stick). This stacks with other such effects.
- An increased chance to uncover the rarer sprites while hunting charm sprites.
Whether you've yet to discover charm sprites or want to revisit it to enjoy the added benefits, head on over to the Tree Gnome Stronghold. The hunt is on!
How to start hunting charm sprites:
Speak to Yaktwee Swinmari Cianta. To find him, head south out of the Tree Gnome Stronghold's front gate, and then west.
- You must be a RuneScape member.
- 72 Hunter
- A Yaktwee stick and spirit lure. These can be purchased from Yaktwee himself, for 2000 gold coins each.
Behind the Scenes Video
Take a look at our latest Behind the Scenes video here:
In Other News
- A large number of preparatory skilling tasks - including creating unfinished potions, sowing seeds, picking flax and grinding Herblore ingredients - now yield a small amount of XP per action.
- If you've completed the Combat Academy, you can now toggle the interface stone it occupies to a quick shortcut to the Quest Journal interface.
- From Friday, you'll be able to obtain starlight ore both in-game and on the Squeal of Fortune, which can be smithed into starfire weapons. Watch out for more details!
The patch notes archive can be seen here.
Discuss this here.