Far and Wide (free players and members)
We've beefed up the roster of destinations in the Lodestone Network with some higher-level, further-flung places, and made a bundle of other useful changes to RuneScape's transport system. It's easier than ever to get around Gielinor, meaning less time running and more time playing.
There are seven new destinations to unlock for the Lodestone Network. As usual, visit any of these once and activate the stone, and it'll be just a Home Teleport spell away:
- Eagles' Peak
- Fremennik Province
- Wilderness Volcano
Note that only the Wilderness Volcano teleport is available to free players. It's also important to note that you cannot be attacked in the Wilderness until your arrival animation has fully completed. Before teleporting to the Wilderness, you'll receive the same warning that you would upon crossing the Wilderness wall on foot.
In light of these new teleport options, and others implemented in recent content, we've also made a collection of improvements to the way that existing teleport options work. In most cases, this is to add additional value to a teleport option that would otherwise have teleported you close to one of the new lodestones, only at additional cost:
- The Nardah Teleport scroll has become the Pollnivneach Teleport scroll, and takes you just south of the well in Pollnivneach.
- The Kharyrll Teleport spell now takes you just outside the Canifis pub - close to the bank.
- The amulet of glory teleport to Al Kharid now takes you to Shantay Pass.
- The Tai Bwo Wannai Teleport scroll now takes you slightly closer to the calquat patch.
- The Rellekka lyre teleport now takes you right into the town - close to the docks.
How to unlock new Lodestone Network destinations
Take a look here for a full list of available Lodestone Network destinations.
Behind the Scenes Video
Mod Srowley takes you on the grand tour of RuneScape's updated transport system:
In Other News
- Take your Home Teleport spell up a notch with the Strongarm and Arcane teleport animations, available at Solomon's General Store.
- There's a new tradeable rare coming this Friday - craftable from items available in game and on the Squeal of Fortune.
The patch notes archive can be found here.
Discuss this here.